test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The BoP League Reborn

revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Klingon Discussion
Greeting fellow Warriors of the Empire. It was approximately one year ago that a group of Klingon players embarked on a mission. Their goal was to bring together a community of people who shared a love of the Bird of Prey. You can find the original idea here (and its described in detail by fine folks in much better detail here):

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1185430/a-thought-experiment/p1

Hitting the queues with BoPs was loads of fun, and we were hoping to grow with time. Eventually we were planning to do some recordings, and organize PVP runs as well. Sadly, all good things end. One by one, the members of our little community shrunk. I too left the game, though less by choice and more by the whole Mac client debacle. But after several months away I have returned, and I hope to pick up the pieces and move this project forward. So without further ado, here's the qualifications for this:

•KDF, KDF-Rom, or KDF-Jem ONLY

•Must fly an endgame Raider (T5 –> T5-U, T6) with battle cloak OR be planning on flying one once they reach endgame. Current list of Endgame Raiders is as follows:

KDF
--B'rel/Fleet B'rel
--Fleet Norgh
--Hoh'sus/Fleet Hoh'sus
--Kor/Fleet Kor
--D4x
--M’chla/Fleet M’chla
--M’chla Refit

Cross-Faction
--Na'kuhl Tadaari
--Temporal Ouroboros
--Breen Plesh Brek/Plesh Tral
--Herald Baltim
--Kazon
--Jem’Hadar Vanguard Heavy Raider
--La Sirena Heavy Raider
--Maquis Raider
--Miradorn Theta Heavy Raider
--Temer Heavy Raider

•Must be a team player and willing to participate and assist others in the pursuit of BoP perfection

If anyone is interested in helping start this up again, message me either ingame or here and I'll get the ball rolling.

====Roster===

revanindustries: timezone PST (Sci Torp-Kor T6, Tac D4x T6-X)
captainpugwash1: timezone UK (Tac B'rel(?[unsure if T5U or Kor])
sinn74: timezone ??? (Sci Magic Ouroboros, D4x)
autumnturning: timezone CST (SciTemp Kinxotic Kor)
geekysoldier: timezone ??? (Tac D4x, Norgh, Kor)
kyrrok: timezone ??? (Tac ???)
miirik: timezone ??? (Just about every raider ingame)
Post edited by revanindustries on

Comments

• sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    I normally fly a BoP with my SCI, but I've been playing with the new SCI vessel, since we now finally have one-kinda.

I'd be down for this, though. My Kor (and I guess Ouroboros) build is a total "that should be awful but isn't" monstrosity.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Alright, I'll be in touch.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    :smile:
    If that's a smile of "count me in" we are up to 3
    If that's a smile of "count me in" we are up to 3

O yes,,,,,,,,,,,,:)
    have u tried the bop channel, use to be 8 of us i think, still see 2-3 on now & again.

I believe I defaulted to the owner of that channel, if you are referring to the one Thissler started
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Oh, there are others who have expressed interest in-game for this as well...
  • geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    I'm in. My Norgh and Kor don't get enough love since everything is cruiser FAW everything.
    DMoNDoR.jpg
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Despite the fact that on blueside, I'm the originator of the Protonic Kool-Aid Down The Drain Cruiser build ... on redside I am ALL about the Enhanced Battlecloak Torpedo Bomber build(s). Kinetic Kommunity all the way.

At the moment, all of my free time is devoted to getting my AoY Captain as far as possible before the event runs out on Aug 24, but after that ... B)
    null
    null

Sounds good. Just PM me your username ingame and I'll send you an invite to the channel we are using to coordinate
  • geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Can't wait!
    DMoNDoR.jpg
    I keep thinking we need to get together on a weekend and do some ROFLstomping of some space battlezones ...
    That's an epic idea. This weekend I have a pretty big event I'm going to (so if y'all want to do it anyways that's awesome), but I'll definitely shoot for next weekend: either Saturday or Sunday I should be available in the afternoon until about 10 or 11 PST.
    Alright, so this weekend (Saturday and Sunday I hope) I will be organizing a BoP team to go into the Space Battlezones. We'll try to cause maximum mayhem and KDF goodness. Once again, if anyone is interested in joining in on the fun message me here or ingame (my handle ingame is @revanindustries).
    O G Bum ... I just finished building out my Temp Sci-Kor this week too for Maximum Kinxotic Karnage IN SPAAAAAAAAACE!!!! >:)

I'll only be available in the evenings for this though.
    edited August 2016
    Think it would help if we said wat time zone we are in as getting 5 BOP's together from diff time zones was the biggest problem we had last time this was tried. UK.

Just looked at BOP channel & see 14, looking good.
    Good idea, I'll edit my first post as I receive time ones.

Yesterday we had a full team of 5 hitting the BZs and it was glorious. Unfortunately I just discovered the Badlands is only 60, and my current BoP flyer is 59. This error will be corrected in short order.
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    --B'rel/Fleet B'rel
    --Fleet Norgh
    --Hoh'sus
    --Kor
    --D4x
    --Na'kuhl Tadaari
    --Temporal Ouroboros

quoting as you are missing a few

Off the top of my head, you are forgetting the Kazon Heavy Raider (which is tier 5, just lower tier 5 but that is still tier 5 and can go T5U), along with the Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider

also, i'm interested, after work will look back to this to find out how to be part of it

edit: also you forget the iconian raider
    I didn't include those because they aren't battle cloaking raiders (though I would potentially be willing to stretch to fit those if the need arose).
    what is the BoP channel?
    miirik wrote: »
    what is the BoP channel?

BoP League

Won't let me join, do I need an invitation or something?
    Yeah. PM me your handle and I'll get you added.
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Greeting fellow Warriors of the Empire. It was approximately one year ago that a group of Klingon players embarked on a mission. Their goal was to bring together a community of people who shared a love of the Bird of Prey. You can find the original idea here (and its described in detail by fine folks in much better detail here):

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1185430/a-thought-experiment/p1

Hitting the queues with BoPs was loads of fun, and we were hoping to grow with time. Eventually we were planning to do some recordings, and organize PVP runs as well. Sadly, all good things end. One by one, the members of our little community shrunk. I too left the game, though less by choice and more by the whole Mac client debacle. But after several months away I have returned, and I hope to pick up the pieces and move this project forward. So without further ado, here's the qualifications for this:

•Must be KDF or KDF-Rom

•Must fly an endgame Raider (T5 –> T5-U, T6) with battle cloak OR be planning on flying one once they reach endgame. Current list of Endgame Raiders is as follows:

--B'rel/Fleet B'rel
    --Fleet Norgh
    --Hoh'sus
    --Kor
    --D4x
    --Na'kuhl Tadaari
    --Temporal Ouroboros

•Must be a team player and willing to participate and assist others in the pursuit of BoP perfection

If anyone is interested in helping start this up again, message me either ingame or here and I'll get the ball rolling.

====Roster===

revanindustries: timezone PST
    captainpugwash1: timezone UK
    sinn74:
    autumnturning:
    geekysoldier:

Count me in

• staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Thanks for the bump to this thread. Having invested in the D4X (and how could I not with my avatar!) I'd be interested, albeit timings are tricky... but I have too many happy memories of BoP Wolf Packs in Ker'rat and even Infected: Space from back in the day to not want to try.
    Alright. PM me your ingame @handle and I'll get you added to the group.
    You know you're in a Bad ISA PuG when ...
    1. You're flying a Kor Bird of Prey and YOU'RE THE TANK
    2. You fly under Enhanced Battle Cloak with your Shields DOWN the whole way and you're the only one who doesn't Core Breach
    3. *ALL* of your teammates Core Breach multiple times. EACH.
    4. They deploy Gravity Wells that pull the Nanite Spheres CLOSER to the Transformers.
    5. You have to destroy the Gate solo because everyone else is waiting to respawn AGAIN ...
    6. You can "range tank" by flying in and out of 10 kms from target without losing aggro.
    7. You can use Nukara Web Mines to take out the final Cube because everyone else is taking too long to get their act together.
    8. When you post your experience in the BoP League channel, there's someone else there who will laugh at the misfortune you've endured.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Reminds me of a Khitomer I had awhile ago. I would decloak and alpha-strike Donatra, then recloak. She would chase me for a good 30-40 seconds before the others did enough damage for her to change her focus to them.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    1. You're flying a Kor Bird of Prey and YOU'RE THE TANK
    2. You fly under Enhanced Battle Cloak with your Shields DOWN the whole way and you're the only one who doesn't Core Breach
    3. *ALL* of your teammates Core Breach multiple times. EACH.
    4. They deploy Gravity Wells that pull the Nanite Spheres CLOSER to the Transformers.
    5. You have to destroy the Gate solo because everyone else is waiting to respawn AGAIN ...
    6. You can "range tank" by flying in and out of 10 kms from target without losing aggro.
    7. You can use Nukara Web Mines to take out the final Cube because everyone else is taking too long to get their act together.
    8. When you post your experience in the BoP League channel, there's someone else there who will laugh at the misfortune you've endured.

gets down right embarrassing when everyone else is in fed cruisers.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.