test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mindscape can't be completed

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
I've played the mission Mindscape on my 23c captain twice now. I get through the mission just fine, but when I'm done I find myself outside the Syrellan system facing the message "Begin Mindscape" though I just completed it. After the first attempt two days ago I today dropped the mission and tried again. Same (lack) of result.
I noticed only one discrepancy to normal game play. When I beam on board Cooper's Bio Dreadnaught I only have one Boff with me instead of the usual four.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• drsanitydrsanity Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I had this exact issue.

Immediate resolution is when Tuvok is talking to you in the 'end zone' after defeating cooper and it offers you the chance to 'depart system', instead:

1. Do Not depart system.
    2. Go to your mission journal to "hail Starfleet" before leaving the system. You can hand in the mission there before it tries to reset again on exit.

I hope you have the same success with that method that I did (as recommended by Support to resolve the issue for me).
    "The only thing mankind learns from the study of history is that mankind does not learn from the study of history." ~G. Santayana
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    @drsanity I just tried this and nope. The button is greyed out there, which is how it is with every other mission. I'm unable to hand them in until I leave the system.
    And given how many problems I have had with completing it - maps not updating and assorted other TRIBBLE - I am not in a hurry to do this a fourth time. The only thing you get is the Vulcan Meditation emote and I don't want it that badly.
  • drsanitydrsanity Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    @drsanity I just tried this and nope. The button is greyed out there, which is how it is with every other mission. I'm unable to hand them in until I leave the system.
    And given how many problems I have had with completing it - maps not updating and assorted other **** - I am not in a hurry to do this a fourth time. The only thing you get is the Vulcan Meditation emote and I don't want it that badly.

Hmm. And I thought my bug was nasty.

You also get the Fluidic ground Assault gun (like the ghostbuster gun, chained exploit) or at least I did on my AoY agent.

Sorry the suggestion didn't help ilithyn, perhaps it needs something reset by support first in order to function again? The Support agent who advised that route didn't say they'd reset anything but did advise that resolution path which worked.

Sorry you didn't the same results, truly.
    "The only thing mankind learns from the study of history is that mankind does not learn from the study of history." ~G. Santayana
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    drsanity wrote: »
    ilithyn wrote: »
    And given how many problems I have had with completing it - maps not updating and assorted other **** - I am not in a hurry to do this a fourth time. The only thing you get is the Vulcan Meditation emote and I don't want it that badly.

Hmm. And I thought my bug was nasty.

You also get the Fluidic ground Assault gun (like the ghostbuster gun, chained exploit) or at least I did on my AoY agent.

Sorry the suggestion didn't help ilithyn, perhaps it needs something reset by support first in order to function again? The Support agent who advised that route didn't say they'd reset anything but did advise that resolution path which worked.

Sorry you didn't the same results, truly.

Yeah you do get that gun but I've never used it so I kinda forgot about it and I have more advanced character, so I just make weapons for my new characters and don't really need it.

But thank you for trying to help though. I may try in game support again, though I had no luck the other day.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Still not fixed. Turning in the mission right before the final "depart the system" worked, though. I might go back and rerun it on my Orion, so she can finally finish the DQ arc. (Yeah, this has been bugged for at least 9 months.)
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    And they brought back the old bug that gets you stuck after ending the mind meld, [sarcasm]Yay![/sarcasm]
  • Bump. October 5 on Xbox One and my 54 Human Federation Tactical officer cannot complete the quest for the same reason. You can talk to Tuvok at the end, but the final speech panel doesn't have a "continue" button you can only click "back" and start the conversation all over. Tried dropping the quest several times and picking it up but it doesn't help.

Help Devs! I cannot progress in the story line due to this bug! :s
  • bigbadnonjabigbadnonja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here, stuck with the USS Voyager with no way out of the MW passage area w/o aborting mission.

Abort allows you to leave the system, but the mission still shows up as needing completion.

Can't use the Dyson sphere gate way either !

What a mess !

Rico
  • quantum#0905 quantum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This is the ELEVENTH time a mission has messed up for me now. ELEVEN times in 30 missions!!!!!!!!!

That does include twice on this one, admittedly, so it's not half a bad as appears to be. Atrocious animation, horrendous game stopping bugs, really bad clipping, characters and environment hardly ever matching up correctly (ship seats and control panels being the 'best' examples of this!), unbelievably poor voice acting, all topped off on a terrible game engine! Is there anything like an incline of quality control at this developer. I don't know who should be the more embarrassed; the producers of the movies/TV shows, the writers, past actors, current in-game 'actors', the Roddenberry estate, the owners of the business making this thing, the games industry... the list goes on!

Don't get me wrong, the concept is wonderful, and the writing as it happens is mostly really nice, interesting concepts, well written, the ships are really lovely too (albeit, like most of the aliens and other tech, have genuine professional artists and designers work for reference), but the implementation is fu.cking horrendous! Totally disgraceful. You've got to admire the audacity of the company to charge gamers for anything approaching a decent ship.

It's such a shame, that in the right hands, hands of professionals, who genuinely care about the quality of their work, and the product they're working on, that genuinely respect their customers, this could be an absolutely stunning game... proof that it's still, just about playable being full of bugs, glitches, amateur programming, a complete lack of care or testing, and possibly some of the worst animation and voice acting in videogame history, that it's still playable, albeit, only because it's free!!! It's not hard to see how this completely failed as a paid for product.

I've already made an official complaint to Sony about this, and (I know, I know; pointlessly) left a message (which has probably been deleted) on these forums. In over twenty years gaming this is the worst quality programming, implementation of a game I've experienced. You can only imagine how much better an experience we all could have had if the developer had just fired it up and played it for a couple of hours before releasing it!

Well, I'm expecting impossible-to-finish-mission number twelve to come along within two, maybe three if I'm lucky, missions time. And please, for the love of the franchise, its history, and the creative minds that originated the past work this game relies on, someone with an ounce of professionalism buy this atrocious quality project and create a game that gamers, Star Trek fans
    Number 12 messed up mission already! Excellent work developers. Nice going. One day you'll aspire to have pride in your work!!!
    ...and the fourth time today I can't get across to the Alpha quadrant. Previous two times, my ship just flew into a black space, where the Alpha is supposed to be. Now it's stopped and won't give me the option to travel across. Restarted the game twice and no difference. What a ridiculously buggy game! And you want me to "PAY" for ships!?!?!?!? I make a habit of paying professionals, not amateurs!
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    I just wasted time playing it THREE times today and even though I complete it, I don't get any credit for the mission.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I just played Mindscape twice today and it failed to complete both times, EXACTLY the same way it was described in multiple posts all reporting the same problem.

Each time I finish the mission and talk to tuvok in space at end which is the final action, instead of ending it puts me back outside Syllerran system with popup option to "Begin Mindscape", so the instance of mission I was on has ended, but I get no credit for it and cannot turn in.

Has this known bug really been ongoing for 5 years with no fix?

I found 4 similar posts on the Mindcape ending bug with no working bypass. If anyone knowns of a bypass , please let me know.

I would also like STO to reply to this thread to confirm its a known bug and when we can expect a fix...5 years for a storyline bug is too long to wait for a fix. Furthermore, if the mission has been fatally broken for 5 years, why is it still in the storyline? Remove it from Delta arc and ensure no other missions have requirement to complete Mindscape.

Also, I suspect this might be the reason why I General Q'nel does not offer missions after I complete the Delta arc task of visiting Kobali Prime (i.e. is it possible that the missions are not offered due to my having skipped the Mindscape mission rather than completing it due to above bug).

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    I just played Mindscape twice today and it failed to complete both times, EXACTLY the same way it was described in multiple posts all reporting the same problem.

Each time I finish the mission and talk to tuvok in space at end which is the final action, instead of ending it puts me back outside Syllerran system with popup option to "Begin Mindscape", so the instance of mission I was on has ended, but I get no credit for it and cannot turn in.

Has this known bug really been ongoing for 5 years with no fix?

I found 4 similar posts on the Mindcape ending bug with no working bypass. If anyone knowns of a bypass , please let me know.

I would also like STO to reply to this thread to confirm its a known bug and when we can expect a fix...5 years for a storyline bug is too long to wait for a fix. Furthermore, if the mission has been fatally broken for 5 years, why is it still in the storyline? Remove it from Delta arc and ensure no other missions have requirement to complete Mindscape.

Also, I suspect this might be the reason why I General Q'nel does not offer missions after I complete the Delta arc task of visiting Kobali Prime (i.e. is it possible that the missions are not offered due to my having skipped the Mindscape mission rather than completing it due to above bug).

What button do you use to exit the mission when you have completed it? Certain missions you cannot press the button near the minimap at the top that affects progress but if you press the button to warp out that they give you then you can complete the mission. It is wonky at times. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    What button do you use to exit the mission when you have completed it? Certain missions you cannot press the button near the minimap at the top that affects progress but if you press the button to warp out that they give you then you can complete the mission. It is wonky at times. Thanks. :)

sthe91, its not that. At end of mission I'm in ship, next to voyager, and I have msg from Tuvok which I respond to, and then that warps me out and restarts the mission.

It is frustrating that this issue has been around so long and STO team wont even reply to it...they jump all over a bug to fix someone's helmet or outfit clipping but ignore broken missions for years. I started a discovery character last year and that character cannot complete the mission either.

sthe91, its not that. At end of mission I'm in ship, next to voyager, and I have msg from Tuvok which I respond to, and then that warps me out and restarts the mission.

It is frustrating that this issue has been around so long and STO team wont even reply to it...they jump all over a bug to fix someone's helmet or outfit clipping but ignore broken missions for years. I started a discovery character last year and that character cannot complete the mission either.

Yeah, that is definitely a bug. Many years ago, I played Mindscape and don't recall ever having this problem. @chrian#9670 @engineerb4#4806 @ambassadorkael#6946 Any word on this issue being fixed soon especially for new players as well as veterans with new characters? Thanks. :)
  • ahlianaahliana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Sorry if this is a necro: I have the problem of my lvl 64 admiral (RomKling) trying it. I have dropped the mission and retaken it twice. I have gotten the Cooper's command ship down in health, once down to 30% (and yes I dropped its shield) but the effects and ships keep coming and I was eventually overwhelmed. Died 7 times total before I dropped it and retook it and tried again. Now my 34 FedRom got it on first try. Took just a few hits to disable it for us to teleport in and continue. So I guess its a scaling issue? Any suggestions? Though it will be a few days before I even think about trying it yet again. And its a solo mission that I HAVE to complete to continue, so im guessing.
    ahliana wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a necro: I have the problem of my lvl 64 admiral (RomKling) trying it. I have dropped the mission and retaken it twice. I have gotten the Cooper's command ship down in health, once down to 30% (and yes I dropped its shield) but the effects and ships keep coming and I was eventually overwhelmed. Died 7 times total before I dropped it and retook it and tried again. Now my 34 FedRom got it on first try. Took just a few hits to disable it for us to teleport in and continue. So I guess its a scaling issue? Any suggestions? Though it will be a few days before I even think about trying it yet again. And its a solo mission that I HAVE to complete to continue, so im guessing.

Do not worry it is not a necro. Bug reports are exempt from that rule. It helps Cryptic trace the history of the bug from when it began (or was noticed) to the current state of the bug. Thanks for reporting it. :)
  • ahlianaahliana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    ahliana wrote: »

Do not worry it is not a necro. Bug reports are exempt from that rule. It helps Cryptic trace the history of the bug from when it began (or was noticed) to the current state of the bug. Thanks for reporting it. :)

Thank you for the encouragement!

A few weeks ago, I played Mindscape on my Temporal Agent and it appears to be fixed after all these years but I need more witnesses to verify.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I also completed it on my Delta the week or so ago as well, so hopefully this stays fixed.
    0zxlclk.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Necromancers are necromancing this necromanced thread...
    ...run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Bug threads do not come under necro rulings

eazzie is correct about this. Bug reports do not come under necro rulings. If they did, I would create another thread and not post here.