test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vapoization animations are borked

welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
edited July 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just as it says in title - they don't happen, and you just end up with an NPC frozen in the stance with zero health until they fade.

Guys, how the hell can you TRIBBLE up an animation system so bad before a major release? Clearly you had to have seen this...

EDIT: please excuse my tone. It's simply frustrating. Keep in mind that console people will tear this stuff apart.
T93uSC8.jpg
Post edited by welcome2earf on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Wondered about that.
    Thought my AoY toon was a bit light in the 'crit' numbers, but when I checked they were the same as my Delta and she was vapin' NPCs like crazy a couple of weeks ago.

I also like the way my BOffs now crouch as if in prayer after they "die".

B)

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    daveyny wrote: »
    Wondered about that.
    Thought my AoY toon was a bit light in the 'crit' numbers, but when I checked they were the same as my Delta and she was vapin' NPCs like crazy a couple of weeks ago.

B)

lol yeah...

I would have to say at least half of the normal, day-to-day animations are borked: Either the timing is off, or they simply aren't WAI. I mean, they had to ave seen this before AOY, yes? These are things like warp-out animations, Transwarp animations, ground deployable animations, beam up animations...I can go on and on....
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Just as it says in title - they don't happen, and you just end up with an NPC frozen in the stance with zero health until they fade.

Guys, how the hell can you **** up an animation system so bad before a major release? Clearly you had to have seen this...

EDIT: please excuse my tone. It's simply frustrating. Keep in mind that console people will tear this stuff apart.

That's not the only thing wrong with NPC deaths. Have you noticed NPCs getting back up after you kill them? They die, fall down, get up, and then fall down again.

daveyny wrote: »
    Wondered about that.

B)

lol yeah...

I would have to say at least half of the normal, day-to-day animations are borked: Either the timing is off, or they simply aren't WAI. I mean, they had to ave seen this before AOY, yes? These are things like warp-out animations, Transwarp animations, ground deployable animations, beam up animations...I can go on and on....

The list of broken animations is long: Caitian tails, Risian birds, floaters, nerve tonics, transwarp, NPC deaths, hip rotations, rolling into a crouch, transitions from moving to standing -- probably more that escape me at the moment. I keep hoping that they'll fix some of these so that I'll have fewer bug reports to write.

It's clear that they released the new animation system before it was ready or properly tested. They need to go back and review all of the animations with a critical eye.
    • Is the movement jerky? Is it too rigid?
    • Look for bad timing: Is the animation too fast? too slow? Does it happen too soon? not soon enough?
    • Look at transitions between animations: Is the transition too fast? too slow? Is there any transition at all or merely a discrete jump between frames?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Guys! Please! Everyone knows that the death animations are now something you would see in the old 1960's movies. They all took classes in dramatic acting and must use that knowledge because this is the only time you will get to see their acting!
  • vlar#5080 vlar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    They broke the sit_chair emote too. NPC's now have hover butts. I won't be playing until they fix whatever they've done. Totally ruins the game for me. pathetic.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    vlar#5080 wrote: »
    They broke the sit_chair emote too. NPC's now have hover butts. I won't be playing until they fix whatever they've done. Totally ruins the game for me. pathetic.

You seem to be under the impression that non-game breaking bugs are a priority.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png