test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Universe Bridge on the Temporal Ships

So last night I claimed my ships and first thing I did was load into the bridge to have a look. The design looked like a place I would be able to spend sometime on except for one major problem.

FILMGRAIN! Seriously? You guys added filmgrain to the Universe Bridge! Not only you did but it seemed like you increased it tenfold. I am standing with my face to the wall and the entire wall is blurred.

The end result is I will never be able to go to those bridges cause of the Migraine that your Filmgrain gives me. And you wonder why no one uses ship interiors.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
@ren_larreck

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I use ship interiors all the time. Filmgrain interiors though I'll pass on.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Do we have the 2k zen buyout option by using the TOS enterprise interior from the old TOS pack or has it been grained over as well?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Um . . . what?

Are we looking at the same bridge? Because there is no film grain here.

28050159942_712c76d361_c.jpg
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Hi Taco. While you're in this thread and active, can I ask a question?

The massive amount of 23rd century badges/emblems added to the uniform customization ... who do I have to thank for that? I know it's just a tiny tiny part of this expansion but it's really been an amazing addition for me in terms of the type of characters I've been building with it since yesterday.

It's also something I asked for and was hoping would happen with the expansion. So please let everyone involved in that decision how much I appreciate their hard work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

The massive amount of 23rd century badges/emblems added to the uniform customization ... who do I have to thank for that? I know it's just a tiny tiny part of this expansion but it's really been an amazing addition for me in terms of the type of characters I've been building with it since yesterday.

It's also something I asked for and was hoping would happen with the expansion. So please let everyone involved in that decision how much I appreciate their hard work!

To piggyback on this, could you ask the powers that be why we can't use the new TOS badges on the JJ uniforms please
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png

One of our newer Environment Artists, David Lopez, did the actual art. But I think it was done on Geko's behest. So you can thank either or both of them for the badges. Also probably our art lead, Samuel Wall.
    To piggyback on this, could you ask the powers that be why we can't use the new TOS badges on the JJ uniforms please

I'm not a character guy, so I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the new badges were designed to work with the TOS stuff, and the JJ stuff is different somehow? Dunno.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    What does 26th Century Starfleet have against the concept of chairs?
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    To make sure, that the BOFFs are not asleep in chairs ? :p
    steaen wrote: »

Dominion influence?
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User

Back fatigue was eliminated from humanity in the late 25th century following an Augment attack gone horribly awry. :p
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!

Since Bridge Officers in the 25th century were floating over their chairs, or falling through them in to the floor, chairs were eliminated from Starfleet in 2436.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

One of our newer Environment Artists, David Lopez, did the actual art. But I think it was done on Geko's behest. So you can thank either or both of them for the badges. Also probably our art lead, Samuel Wall.

I'm not a character guy, so I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the new badges were designed to work with the TOS stuff, and the JJ stuff is different somehow? Dunno.

Thanks! Again, awesome job by everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User

Since Bridge Officers in the 25th century were floating over their chairs, or falling through them in to the floor, chairs were eliminated from Starfleet in 2436.

Presumably by the 29th Century and the advent of the Wells class, they'd managed to stop people doing that. ;)
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User

Clearly the most important technological advance of the century. Future generations will thanks them for freedom from The Tyranny of the Chair.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Um . . . what?

Did you build this, Taco? It looks fantastic. :D
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    My question is why can't we get this action on the 31st century ships?
    5rFUCPd.png

edited July 2016
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Um . . . what?

No, this was Scot Boyd.
    (who was recently interviewed, along with Adam Flores, on Tribbles in Ecstasy)

My question is why can't we get this action on the 31st century ships?

Huh? What action?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Film grain gives me headaches as well and ruins all the gorgeous stuff they did for AoY to boot imo. I had the worst migrane by the time I finished the 23rd century stuff. I love everything yall did BUT that. PLEASE let us turn that garbage OFF!!! I spent most of yesterday having nerdgasms over the details of AoY's 23rd century content, even the one Romulan mission, but this film grain really REALLY kills the buzz.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I think Makocalloway means either the 26th Century Bridge or perhaps a new bridge for the 31st Century ships, instead of just reusing Wells bridge which has the problem that you can see part of the Wells out of that viewing port. Which makes sense if your flying the Wells, but if your flying the Chronos or Temporal Raider, or Eternal will not make any sense.

Plus there is concern about an invisible wall and the Wells bridge small size.

I do like the bridge temporal transporter.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Um . . . what?

No, this was Scot Boyd.
    (who was recently interviewed, along with Adam Flores, on Tribbles in Ecstasy)

Ah, okay. Coolness. :)
    OK I just visited this bridge and I see what the OP was talking about. There's a very intense depth of field effect, everything that isn't super close is very blurry. It goes away if you turn off post processing.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I went on youtube and took alook at the red KDF verison of the bridge and its better then I though at first, I finally figured out where the mainviewer is and the captains chair.

The main viewer is not viewing space, its viewing temporal information, but in prsctice it would likely be about to revert to a normal view screen when just traveling through space.

I do like the coloured carpeting on bridge of the Temporal Science Bridge. Its different depending the faction when it came to ships like the Wells.

Can you at least let us pick which Temporal bridge colour we use for the 31st Temporal Ships? KDF, Romulan, or Federation verisons?

I don't have one yet, I'm just curious if the bridge on the cross faction 31st Century Temporal Ships is decided by faction, or you automatically get the Wells bridge irreguardless of faction, or you get to choice which out of the three you get?
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Yes, I was taking about having the universe bridge as adv option on the 31st century bridge instead of just the wells bridge. Seems like taking a step backusing the old bridge
    5rFUCPd.png