test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone elses's fleet stuck pre-Tier 5? Check out this proposal and support and spread the idea :)

nickarcher404nickarcher404 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
Howdy everyone! I've been playing with STO all 6 years since beta. I joined a fleet the instant it was available with some of my closest friends and we have grown, but only to just over 200 strong. Since then, we have barely achieved our tier 4 status and are still grinding towards tier 5, but with less interest day by day in our members. We have millions of fleet credits, dilithium and can buy the resources, however we don't have time nor the desire to waste on getting the doffs, let alone repeating this process over and over.

What I'm proposing instead is a system where you need to reach a pool point. Say 10,000 points for one daily research mission for the starbase, and if you contribute a doff, you give 5 points. A credit is a single point, maybe a resource like terraforming and medical supplies scale with their value from 2-5. Either way, it removes the necessity to scavenge and rewards what truly matters; fleet bonding and teamwork. One fleet member may love getting new doffs and contribute only those to the cause. Maybe the fleet's weekly fleet alert squad has thousands of marks saved up and has no money to drop on the game.

We need to get back to the principles of STO, and reward time in game, not grind in game. We thrive when we're together, and I believe this system would allow us to 1) reduce currencies which were "simplified", and 2) encourage teams playing together on fleet alerts and Starbase defenses too. Just a thought, and one I hope can help all fleets, big or small :). LLAP everyone, and happy 50th.

Comments

• rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    i'd bump this, but see, it makes sense which is why it wont work... some of us proposed scaling the resources required for projects by how many players were in the fleet... this idea was summarily shot down, due to complication, insufficent time, and then it'd promote guys like me who have bank fleets to get em to t5 and not join other fleets... fyi I still haven't joined another fleet devs... and i'm teir 2 on my Starbase and Teir 1 on almost all the holdings... still chuggin along. I dont have the time to be in a traditional fleet, i'm not online enough....
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Problem is scaling. Big active fleets fill up holdings projects as it is in a matter of minutes as they come up. If there would be no requirement on what the donated items are, whatever is easiet to grind would get hoarded and the holdings filled up even quicker.