test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Item Request: Money Bomb

blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
Extra Credits mentioned this in a video, and I think it would be a great addition to STO that could solve a few problems.

The concept of a money bomb is that one player buys and throws it. Bomb explodes and drops loot around it, but only OTHER players can collect the loot.

The possibilities of what this could be are endless, from different types (Fleet money bomb with commodities and fleet dilithium vouchers, Ground money bomb with armor and stat boosts, Rep bombs with projects to slot old reputations like lockboxes give for duty officer assignments, or Flashback bombs with a chance at lockbox prizes 1+ years old) to different qualities with higher loot tables/reward chances (money grenade, money bomb, atomic money bomb...).

Put this in the dilithium store for a reasonable price (I'm thinking basic level bombs should be less than a day's refining) and it might even give players something else good to repeatedly spend dilithium on. As a fleet leader, I'd definitely buy these and use them as incentives for joining fleet/armada events, even fleet recruitment.

Balance of course would have to be done not to give away the store, but done right this seems like it could be a win/win for everyone.

Edit: Here's the video if anyone's interested. The money bomb part is at 5:50.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mhz9OXy86a0

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Nah, make it a grenade that uses GPL for shrapnel. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    sounds a bit like the winter event party packages from neverwinter​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.