test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delphic Region - Spoilers within

firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
I was wandering around the map looking at the new locations to see if we were getting some bonus areas or new social zones. I found something really interesting the Delphic Region had a pop up that allowed me to go in, it contained a full mission. No rewards are available the mission doesn't have a reward structure but the mission did look to be a step or two ahead of the current Yesterday's War Arc. The mission did seem production ready, it is likely the rewards are still being skinned or being made, all it lacks is a episode menu option and completion trigger.

The mission definitely has a twist and a half if you want some spoilers or haven't figured things out I would definitely check this out before they close it up, it will probably happen within a few hours of this post. The mission wasn't mentioned in the posts but I figured I would give it a look and let people know its out there.

The area is east of Starbase 24. The transition will say Open Door.

Post edited by firestorm10491 on

Comments

• Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Nice find I played it and it blown me away. OMG...
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Just played it myself, Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! Just one complaint though, can we have a villain that's villainous? I'm tired of sympathetic villains with Freudian excuses! I'm probably gonna catch some flack for this, but, I liked the Daredevil movie. Yes it sucked at the most basic level but it had a very redeeming feature. The Kingpin. Here, finally, was a real villain. Someone who strived to achieve his villainy. He wasn't forced into it by circumstance, he chose his destiny. His destiny was to be the greatest gangster in his city!

In creating villains that are sympathetic, you start with someone who is pathetic, then give them power. I give you Darth Vader as an example.

Star Wars is released. We meet Darth Vader as he boards the Tantive IV. Within minutes he's interrogating prisoners and casually murdering them when he doesn't get the answers he seeks. Here's a Villain we can hate, he's not afraid to get his hands dirty with a little wet work and he's even willing to kill his own subordinates if they TRIBBLE him off!

The Empire Strikes Back. Darth Vader is killing his own people, about 20 minutes after we see him. He's so focused on his mission, capturing Luke Skywalker that casualties among his own troops are disregarded.

The Return of the Jedi, He's back, at his least villainous in this movie, but his villainy has been proved in the first 2 so we know he's evil. He redeems himself for his family at the end, but, he's still one of the most evil people alive, given his life choices that we've seen.

Then came Phantom Menace and we meet the big bad dude as a small child. So disappointing. All of a sudden we're supposed to like this kid. Most of the audience knew what he would become so seeing him as a whiny little brat came as a shock.

Attack of the Clones was another let down, This supposed great hero was a whiny snot, even worse than when he was a kid. His attempts at romance were as clumsy as a pig on ice but no where near as entertaining.

The Revenge of the Sith put the final nail in the coffin. our Big Bad was even more whiny, as impossible as that seems, then he goes on a murder spree killing children and basically ruining the galaxy for everyone just to save the life of his wife, who somehow fell for the whiny little snot. and yet wasn't in any danger, until our little snot got his underwear in a knot and wrecked the galaxy as he knew it. He then some how kills his wife, who wasn't actually hurt and gets his 3 remaining organic limbs severed. So sad for the little villain, NOT.

In short, in trying to make Darth Vader sympathetic, Lucas just made him pathetic. PLEASE don't make the same mistakes here!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Actually, the Kingpin didn't do it "for the evulz", he did it for the money. He wanted money, and he didn't care who or how many people he had to hurt to get it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    And the power, He wanted to be a gangster, and everything that entails. As markhawkman said, he didn't care who he had to hurt or indeed kill to get there. It's not about doing it "for the evulz", It's about being who you want to be, not being a TRIBBLE assed venom because you got your girl stolen by Peter Parker the amazing whiny emo TRIBBLE, but being a seriously bad person because it gets you what you want out of life.

It's not deciding to kick puppies 'cause you woke up early this morning. It's kicking puppies because they're preventing you from doing something you think is important. It's breaking laws because they're inconvenient.

It's not getting turned into a super villain because your super soldier serum makes you crazy. BTW, does any one know how to test for megalomania in mice? That one always puzzled me in spider man.
  • Options
    firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Unfortunately a patch today a few hours ago closed this mission off...
  • Options
    It feels like a Lv60 Mission though.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    Maybe level 40, feels like it's close to the end of the story arc. Doesn't feel quite like a level 60 mission as it's not the end of the arc.
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    Well, we might see the mission next week around Wednesday since that's usually when they've been pushing new missions out. If not, well, July 6th. ;)
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    I tried to take a look but there no missions pop up anymore.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Unfortunately a patch today a few hours ago closed this mission off...

Yup. I had only just found out about this too. Damn!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    I had only just found out about this too. Damn !!!!!! talk about ruining the fun......

Maybe we'll see it as the next mission on Tribble tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    I'm hoping it's the next release in the mission schedule. It seems Like a level 40 mission to me, so, fingers also crossed.
  • Options
    Yup, next in the release schedule is THIS MISSION!

WOOHOO
  • Options
    Which is nice, even though there's one Queue still missing It'll probably be released this week too aka Procyon 5.