test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone seen the Chrysalis missions?

For some reason I thought I should go and finish off the last few doff chains I didn't complete a few years ago and have almost polished the last few off. However the 4th Project Chrysalis mission (Detach Personnel for Training of Chrysalis Volunteers) eludes me. The wiki has it as a rare mission in a few Beta quad blocks and the last week I've been combing the whole quadrant in a grid pattern either side of an hour in the hopes of picking it up. I'm wondering if this was not just moved, but lost, back when the walls fell.

When is the last time anyone saw this mission? Anyone done this chain since Shaka? How often should a rare doff mission even come up if it is there?

Comments

• Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I also recently endeavoured to complete my DOfff chain assignments, and had a similar issue with completing the Chrysalis and Jem chains. But keep trying, because the missions are there. (I have one more Jem mission to complete and this toon is done!)

One thing I discovered: slow down when transitioning from one sector block to another. Often there is a 'window' between the two blocks which have more missions which are unavailable in the blocks on either side. Go slow across the border with your 'current sector' DOff assignment page open. The moment it flicks to update the list, stop, check for the missions you want, then resume travel. You can often see this effect as you travel if you leave your DOff Assignment page open: the list updates, but before it can repopulate the list, it updates a second time. I discovered this by accident, but it is also where I found a good number of the assignment chain missions, most of which will appear on your Personal Assignments mission page when they are available, though on occasion I've had to look at the Department assignment pages to find one.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Ah, I think I noticed that. Thought it was a loading glitch. I'll include that in my searches, thanks. I bet it is just hiding in one of those.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    also, park on sector edges while looking, doffing in sector space is buggy as heck.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I don't remember where it was as I personally do not really care for these chains, but I saw one assignment of the Chrysalis chain a couple of days ago.

One other chain that I'm having trouble with is the Facility 4028 chain. I simply cannot find the first assignment to start the chain on most of my characters. I have this one specific toon that has been flying through Federation space, Cardassian space and Klingon space near the T'Ong nebula, checked Map and all departments and it simply won't show up. I've been trying for weeks before I finally gave up.

Then I took another toon near the T'Ong nebula for the first time and I immediately got the assignment. Went back to the first toon, went to the same place, nothing had reset yet but again, couldn't find it anywhere on this first toon.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    stuff

Check your instance when you want to do that. The instance seems to matter when you find a mission on one toon, but not another. However, it doesn't seem to matter if you just randomly shift from instance to instance.