test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMG I'm so excited!!!

http://1701news.com/node/1197/star-trek-online-planning-abramsverse-crossover.html

I just read this and I am so excited! I really hope they will add the Vengeance class because that is my all time favorite design! Does anyone know how we will be able to get these ships?

Comments

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    How on earth would anyone here have that kind of information?!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Trek's Prime Universe 'Closed For Business'?
    Latest rumor suggests new series will take place in AbramsVerse

"There is apparently a contingent within CBS that views the prime universe closed for business," said the source, who asked not to be named. "And there is something to that. The last hour of prime universe Star Trek was filmed 12 years ago. Meanwhile, there have been three films set in the new universe. The faction says it would be ludicrous to return to the shackles of the prime universe and confuse new viewers."

The fact that Alex Kurtzman — one of the producers and writers of films in the AbramsVerse — is attached to the project might actually support such a move that some observers actually speculated when Kurtzman first joined the project.

There might be other signs of a potential expansion of the AbramsVerse past the movies. For example, last week, rumors circulated that the popular massively multiplayer online game Star Trek Online was considering inclusion of AbramsVerse elements despite taking place in the prime universe. Some players said they discovered an AbramsVerse character in the game that looks a lot like the cybernetic-enhanced bridge officer 0718 from the 2009 movie played by Joseph Gatt.

http://1701news.com/node/1209/treks-prime-universe-closed-business.html​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Oh god please no.
    latest?cb=20120616003315
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    also there is a rumor no confirmed just rumor some of ships of new star trek movies gonna be in sto
    nexus.jpg

• alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    One of the ships in Beyond has been in the game for a LONG time, the NX-01.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    alonar wrote: »

It's not the NX-01. It resembles the NX class, but the Franklin is another ship entirely.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Yea should have said NX class instead. And from what I saw of it I couldn't find any differences from a standard NX model, admittedly it was only in the trailer for a few seconds.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    Take a better look. Enjoy.

franklin-poster.jpg
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    I don't mind it,.. as long as they keep making more new trek and the light on STO stays lit for may years ahead..
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    But guys didn't CBS say no to all of this ages ago?

I could have sworn I read a post somewhere, where a poster on the forums told me that someone from Cryptic posted on the forums (or said in a podcast) that CBS said no to this kind of stuff.

And if CBS said no, then that was the final answer on the topic forever, right?

CBS? They said no? Didn't they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    mhall85 wrote: »

It's not the NX-01. It resembles the NX class, but the Franklin is another ship entirely.

yeah its Loknar class, anyone can see it :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    I don't care what anyone Thinks of the JJ movies. THat bridge is awesome and I can't wait to have it for my ship
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    That was before there was a new series by someone who worked on the JJTrek movies. Things change.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    khan1000 wrote: »
    Oh god please no.
    latest?cb=20120616003315

Oh yes
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    The shirt in the article, we only see the back is the "simple shirt" from the off-duty clothing selection.
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User

It was on the desk of "Admiral Robo-cop"'s office in "into Darkness" the second film.

ship-wall-stid.jpg

Between the phoenix and the Kelvin ship.

There is also the "ship Debris" of a destroyed star-fleet vessel that looks suspiciously like the JJ-enterprise that has been all blown to hell.

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • jovianusjovianus Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    samt1996 wrote: »
    How on earth would anyone here have that kind of information?!

There has been information coming from data miners indicating this for a while now, its been mentioned in multiple threads already, and people have been banned for it already.

Can we ban/fire the people trying to make it happen?
  • trekonlinefan#9073 trekonlinefan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    The shirt in the article, we only see the back is the "simple shirt" from the off-duty clothing selection.
    unotetsu wrote: »
    It was on the desk of "Admiral Robo-cop"'s office in "into Darkness" the second film.

Hey friend, I'm not trying to be rude, but you are mistaken on both accounts. The"simple shirt" only has design on the shoulders, not in the middle, and the NPC in the screenshot has the little "delta" symbols all over his shirt(you can see more pics at the massively article they reference). Also, the person you were replying to about the ship said BEYOND, not Into Darkness, which is the movie you posted a pic from. And for the record, the ship at the end of the new BEYOND trailer is not an NX, it is the ship someone posted a pic of above.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I don't care what anyone Thinks of the JJ movies. THat bridge is awesome and I can't wait to have it for my ship
    this.... Beautiful work.

• teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    It would seem like the nice thing to do not to repost stuff drawn out by Dataminers that STO doesn't want on their forums and that data miners don't want to be noticed on the STO forums either. If anyone really wants this info they can easily wait or do a reasonably quick google search.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    teknesia wrote: »
    It would seem like the nice thing to do not to repost stuff drawn out by Dataminers that STO doesn't want on their forums and that data miners don't want to be noticed on the STO forums either. If anyone really wants this info they can easily wait or do a reasonably quick google search.

doing things for yourself? Thats so 1980s :P lol
  • rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    @snoggymack22 Last I checked, Paramount owns the movies, so it's their say. I don't think anyone but Cryptic owns STO, so CBS doesn't get a say. Anyone wanna correct me if I'm wrong?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    @snoggymack22 Last I checked, Paramount owns the movies, so it's their say. I don't think anyone but Cryptic owns STO, so CBS doesn't get a say. Anyone wanna correct me if I'm wrong?

Cryptic requires the license from CBS to create a Star Trek MMO so CBS does have a say in what can and can't go in STO. If Cryptic doesn't follow what CBS says, then they can pull their license the next time Cryptic tries to renew it. So the JJ Universe items requires Paramount's and CBS' say for it to be in STO.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    http://1701news.com/node/1197/star-trek-online-planning-abramsverse-crossover.html

I just read this and I am so excited! I really hope they will add the Vengeance class because that is my all time favorite design! Does anyone know how we will be able to get these ships?

A shirt on an NPC is a far cry from making a crossover universe event. (Which I'd not want to happen.)
    But I do like the photos of the JJ Enterprise Bridge in the article. I don't think I've ever really seen it due to the overuse of lens flair in the movies. :D
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

A shirt on an NPC is a far cry from making a crossover universe event. (Which I'd not want to happen.)
    But I do like the photos of the JJ Enterprise Bridge in the article. I don't think I've ever really seen it due to the overuse of lens flair in the movies. :D

Exactly. The npc is meaningless since it could have accidentally slipped into Tribble and doesn't take much work to create. The Bridge takes a lot of work to create and Cryptic won't create it unless they already got approval from CBS and Paramount or it is an elaborate hoax.
  • trekonlinefan#9073 trekonlinefan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

Exactly. The npc is meaningless since it could have accidentally slipped into Tribble and doesn't take much work to create. The Bridge takes a lot of work to create and Cryptic won't create it unless they already got approval from CBS and Paramount or it is an elaborate hoax.

Actually, I don't think the NPC is as meaningless as you might think. If you notice, it's not some generic face that you can make in the character creator. He actually has the likeness of the actor who played him in the movie. There is no way Cryptic could do that without permission, for various legal reasons. The fact that they actually got his likeness is pretty solid proof they have made a deal with Paramount.
This discussion has been closed.