test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CONFIRMATION on Agents of Yesterday content from a reliable source

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
From the blog post: https://lootcritter.com/2016/05/27/confirmation-about-aoy-content-from-a-reliable-source/

There was a lot of confusion and wild assumptions yesterday about the state of Agents of Yesterday. For fear of my very existence in this time stream, I extracted the following 'hint' of what's to come:

Confirmation about AoY content from a reliable source

“The Future is the past. The past is the future. It all gives me a headache.”
– Capt. Janeway

So does the belief that episodes have to occur one after the other; three leads to four, four to five, and six ends up on ESD in the 24th century. The last 24 hours has been a headache with many Star Trek Online enthusiast’s wondering is this it? What the frack…!?

If anything we’ve learned from watching Enterprise or Voyager – time travel doesn’t happen in a linear fashion. The Daniels we meet in Cold Front isn’t the first time we’ve met him – that actually comes later – from his point of view. The same goes for Seven of Nine’s (and Prime Nine’s after future Nine dies) repeated incursions in Relativity. And don’t get me started about causality loops in The Year of Hell, parts 1 and 2.

I feel a canon headache coming on…

Many Bothans’ died bringing this information to me (or haven’t yet, or won’t die depending on your interpretation of temporal incursions). Time streams can be messy before the sort themselves out.

If Agents of Yesterday is an expansion about time travel, then it can’t have a traditional arc of episodes. That content will happen in the past, your present and in the future. For that reason, we won’t necessarily see episodes, one after another in chronological order. And I’m just talking about the content – not anything else already leaked. It’s not just a replay. The time stream is fickle, and not everything Agents of Yesterday has been revealed.

But, but, but how and where will they appear? Muah-ha-ha… I don’t know, as the leak isn’t telling more.

So relax. I’m as impatient as everyone else. The fact that I have played more episodes in the future, or rather will play, should be of no concern to me yesterday

Comments

• Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    That really makes my brain hurt..I want to go back in time once, and only once to make sure time travel technology is never invented! Stop messing with time people.. Mother Nature and the universe utterly love paradoxes and puzzles... and remember, they always bat last...

Well Scotty has always been the proponent of a good nip to put temporal issues into perspective.. it certainly cant make them any worse...

"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Thoughts for the "leak":

1. Linear chronality and Personal chronality are different. So yeah, it's expected that AoY temporal agents will start in 2263, jump to say 2409, then "return" to 2279, maybe drop in on 2350 on their way back to 2263 to fix something they found went wrong with 2279 and confirmed the magnification of with their 2350 stop, etc. etc.

But for the character, 2263 was "Tuesday", 2409 was "Wednesday and Thursday", 2279 was a long weekend before they spent a week in 2350 checking out the sights...

And the "Personal chronality" is how the AoY experiences the missions - in whatever date and time they occur...

Disconcerting thought for AoY #1: After 6 missions (Tuesday), AoY gets tossed into 2409, but it won't be just "Wednesday and Thursday" to them, it'll be 18+ months of "rehashing" all the current content.

2. And AoY is being billed as an "expansion on a par with LoR". Well, Rommies got 19 (saw in another post) missions, and the rest of the game got like 6 "faction agnostic" missions leaving us with a 25 mission drop.

Disconcerting thought for AoY #2: It's sure starting to look like anything released "post AoY character's trip to 2409" will be "faction agnostic" - flipping the ratio of "new faction" and "existing character" missions from LoR. (6 AoY faction, 19 faction agnostics) Yeah, there may be "fancy tech" that makes the experience a little different for the AoY like the rehash of all the Delta Recruit missions had new toys scattered in the mission making the run a little different for Delta Recruits instead of our "mains" - but as others are crying "besides those AoY "hunt me doodads" or AoY inspired factional texts, what's going to really make an AoY character different than a "traditional Fed"?" So far, the only recognized differences are 6 missions, the T1 Admiralty card, and they get TOS animations/tools when wearing their "traditional" TOS uniform.

Disconcerting though for AoY #3? Are there going to be 2 fully different but identical TOS uniforms, or will my 3 year old Alien suddenly be able to see the TOS animations because he wears the current TOS uniform?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]