test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Global cooldowns

cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
edited May 2016 in The Academy
How much % of BO ability recharge does one need to put fire at will on global. As well as emergency power to X, engineering team, attack patterns.

Comments

• Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Stacking Krenim boffs can get you within a few seconds, but that's about it. To reach the globals, you'll need additional sources of recharge reduction. I made a spreadsheet to calculate a mix of stuff: http://bit.ly/STORechargeReduction​​
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Oo hey...would you put that on the wiki..or ok me to do so?

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    OP there is a big variable in this - starship trait Reciprocity, gives 10% tac cooldown when something shoots at your ship and misses, and with defense boosts shots will miss even a large static ship. Issues:

1 are you going to be getting shot at? sometimes loads, in which case it makes the other cooldown effects redundant for tac boff abilities, but sometimes not and its useless. Realistically for most combat it is THE cooldown power for tac boff abilities, except when it isn't.

2 cost: 3k zen for fed account-wide unlock, or 23m per rom or kdf character via exchange. Currently converting dil to zen it would take about 4 months for a single character player to fund a 3k ship, and there's no reason for that to change unless something for people to spend tons of dil on is introduced, even that would only be temporary relief.

3 Other cooldown powers, like starship trait all 'hands on deck' for tac capts, or torp to sci/sci to torp etc. You might be able to get cooldown for your toon with a particular setup without any/much of: reciprocity, krenim boffs, skill points. 3 krenim boffs with cost 120k dil and 480k fleet credits - ouch

Emergency power to x can go to global with 50% cooldown; krenim boffs give 10% each, console 7%, two skill points 17% and three skill points 20%. Or you can use doffs that have a % chance to reduce cooldown and accept some gaps in coverage. High eng cooldown is great for aux2damp with doff for more or less full uptime.

Attack patterns beta, delta and omega benefit as other tac boff abilities, and have a very expensive boff Zemok( 100m) that does 15%, with zemok also applying to attack pattern lambda for pilot boffs. Attack pattern alpha is a capt ability so responds to capt ability cooldowns NOT boff ability cooldowns.
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Oo hey...would you put that on the wiki..or ok me to do so?
    You're welcome to share it. Also included in my spreadsheet are links to my sources, and an alternate cooldown reduction spreadsheet made by another player.​​
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Stacking Krenim boffs can get you within a few seconds, but that's about it. To reach the globals, you'll need additional sources of recharge reduction. I made a spreadsheet to calculate a mix of stuff: http://bit.ly/STORechargeReduction​​
    Thank you I never understood cooldown mechanics very well. Damage, and hell even damage resistance. But There is not enough info even in detail in regards to cooldowns. Planing on making a TOS tactical cruiser build character no science. Just beams and power +.