test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One immersion breaking thing.

I get that immersion of these missions are something you are striving for. The breaking thing is, I made a Vulcan, but none of the dialog he says seems like something a Vulcan would say. With there being only 4 races this should be simple to make different personal dialog for each.

Comments

• nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    That and the fact that when we visit the bridge on one of our TOS ships, it takes us to a modern, generic origin bridge from a current timeline ship. No film grain appearance, no retro bridge with the sounds and appearance of 23rd century anything. Just our TOS captain placed into a modern setting. Kills the immersion for me at least...
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    It's an incomplete build on tribble, you leave your immersion at the door.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Would Tellarites sound like the Dwarves of Lord of the Rings - gruff, quick hot tempers? What about the Andorians?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    That and the fact that when we visit the bridge on one of our TOS ships, it takes us to a modern, generic origin bridge from a current timeline ship. No film grain appearance, no retro bridge with the sounds and appearance of 23rd century anything. Just our TOS captain placed into a modern setting.

It's also bigger on the inside too. It's timey whimey stuff. :D Sorry couldn't resist.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    I get that immersion of these missions are something you are striving for. The breaking thing is, I made a Vulcan, but none of the dialog he says seems like something a Vulcan would say. With there being only 4 races this should be simple to make different personal dialog for each.

No player characters have ever had in-game text that sounds like what they 'would' say unless you write it yourself because it's impossible for Cryptic to know your character. I've had Klingons and Vulcans both babble about how they're scared of icky spiders and a Jem'Hadar telling me we should surrender during a battle. It's usually best to just ignore the Cryptic writing and put your own in.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, I play a diverse assortment of characters, there's no way to make mission dialog that would fit all of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    yeah, I play a diverse assortment of characters, there's no way to make mission dialog that would fit all of them.

No but there are 4 species just make 4 dialog choices and let the player decide which is most like their character.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

No but there are 4 species just make 4 dialog choices and let the player decide which is most like their character.

3 of those races have an infinite amount of personality possibilities though
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, Andorians can be as bloodthirsty as Klingons, or thoughtful contemplative people.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg