test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF Blitzkrieg

sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
As @patrickngo alluded to....elsewhere...is it not time to let slip the dogs of war? A total KDF character/KDF ship event? Let's make this happen! I'd be down for that.

Comments

• Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    :smile::smile::smile:
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    What do you have in mind.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    What do you have in mind.

Well, I missed the last KDF Appreciation Day, or whatever it was called. I'm thinking a day/weekend of STFs, where we can appreciate the KDF offerings, and maybe even each others company? Seems we used to be a more tightly knitted group, unless I'm mistaken, and many of the long timers have left us.

Birds of Prey and Battlecruisers running rampant! We have in-game channels, yet they are increasingly silent. Maybe this is the time to change that, while we still can?
  • Options
    Would a large presence in Kerrat not be more interesting? Show the community that the KDF is more than hit and run cloakers.
    The group which currently haunts Kerrat from time to time tends to give the KDF a bad name.

Orion FDC, flagships and some Raptors/BoP thrown into the mix and all for honorable combat.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    I'm a blasphemer, I have never been to Kerrat. :D

PvP in Cryptic games isn't really my thing, honestly. I've done some 1vs1 with friends, but that's about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    sinn74 wrote: »
    I'm a blasphemer, I have never been to Kerrat. :D

PvP in Cryptic games isn't really my thing, honestly. I've done some 1vs1 with friends, but that's about it.

If/when i visit kerrat it's usually on my fed with a nebula snooper build. From klingon perspective it is not much fun (for me) always being outnumbered or blowing up newbie players.

Often the klingons in kerrat are only there to taunt/frustrate newbie federation players who attempt to finish the objectives for a daily. That's not my kind of fun, in fact i consider it kind of childish/immature.

In kerrat i find it much more enjoyable to hunt the hunters.:P
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I have been to Kerrat a few times, but not for PvP. Instead, I did the mission there to scan and destroy the Borg. I have not done that since 2014 so I can't remember exactly the details of the mission are. I generally have no interest in PvP. I suppose I can attempt to PvP in my PvE oriented ships... but I just might end up embarrassing myself.

I would not mind simply teaming up to do STFs. It has been a long time since I was on a team that was all KDF. It actually only happened once when I did Undine Infiltration. I can definitely use some Elite Marks across all my KDF captains for various rep systems.

Perhaps do Tour The Galaxy en-masse just to show a KDF presence in the game. The goal would not actually be to race through the sectors to get as much EC as possible, but to simply fly as a group on an agreed upon max speed based on the slowest ship so that the entire group can start and end at the same time. It would basically be a parade.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    He he...this thread kinda reminds me of the opening of Star Trek:TMP...when the three K'tinga battlecruisers are cruising in formation at impulse speed on a deep space patrol.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I vote we ether just sit around earth and just look at the feds or take over ds 9.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    nightken wrote: »
    I vote we ether just sit around earth and just look at the feds or take over ds 9.
    running around shooting them would be much more fun...... :)
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    running around shooting them would be much more fun...... :)

true but sadly we can only do that in a few places. beside we could confuse the hell out of newbie hearing about how few kdf player then first time in sec space seeing 20 d -7s around earth. and for fun invite our romulan friends in their scimitars give em a little scare. :p

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I'm not much of a KDF player but I'd join in on the fun.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Timings permitting, would be fun! If only to run some KDF-only missions. Ah, for the old days of KDF-only queues... :)
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Never been to this battle zone. I will have to check it out.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    I'm always up for blowing up some stuffs :)
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    I miss the old days of raiding ESD. Devs killed that. Funny, I've never seen nor heard of a feddie group trying to raid q'onos.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I remember the last one of these Patrickngo started. After some initial hiccups about where to group at, it was a lot of fun. Met some great people whom I very much enjoyed playing STO with. Be delighted to participate in another of these.

As to what to do, I don't really know. The grand parade idea of doing Tour the Galaxy sounds fun. Ker'rat I only go to when I am in an evil mood and looking to take it out on someone. Which thankfully does not happen so often any more. All KDF STFs sound very entertaining. Been a very long time since I whipped up on the Borg with a group of true warriors and no SpoonFeds in sight.

Here is my suggestion as to something to do: Mentoring PvE missions with newer players. I've always enjoyed helping a new warrior learn to play the game better. Or helping them out with missions which are tough to do when the wrong choices are made regarding ships or gear. I sometimes get a little jaded about STO. Watching someone else foil B'Vat's plans and seeing it through their eyes for the first time reminds me of just how damn fun this game can really be.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    Thissler tried to get 5 BOPs together to do some STFs but as far as i no never managed more than 4, worth thinking about.
    ps it was the1st time i did an ADV STF in a T5U BOP & it was fun,
  • Options
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I'm currently working on an idea, I'll be trying to contact some foundry authors and some of the old PvP community as well as my co-conspirators writing fanfics to put it together.

see, there's this power-vacuum after the Iconian went an' killed the entire High Council? and while things have managed to stumble forward with just the Chancellor and a bunch of no-names, the death of Kahless would have had an impact as well.

SO...I'm toying with laying out a "Klingon Civil War" event, maybe even getting some foundry guys in to make us some PvE missions, and knocking on some doors to see if we can't get some of the people that've done Tourneys to set up 'rules' for a few PvP scenarios (to drive the storyline)

The devs don't care about us, so let's make our own fun, at least that way we can build something for the newbies who didn't know and made KDF...

I'll be tentatively titling it 'Klingon Succession Crisis"-the plan is to have four to six 'factions' in fanfic, Foundry, and PvP type tourney type stuff with writeups for aftermaths.

Cryptic doesn't want to develop for us, fine...

we'll do it ourselves.

Hell, I might even resurrect the "Bloodwineandgagh" site for this.

I like :smile::smile::smile:

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I'm currently working on an idea, I'll be trying to contact some foundry authors and some of the old PvP community as well as my co-conspirators writing fanfics to put it together.

see, there's this power-vacuum after the Iconian went an' killed the entire High Council? and while things have managed to stumble forward with just the Chancellor and a bunch of no-names, the death of Kahless would have had an impact as well.

SO...I'm toying with laying out a "Klingon Civil War" event, maybe even getting some foundry guys in to make us some PvE missions, and knocking on some doors to see if we can't get some of the people that've done Tourneys to set up 'rules' for a few PvP scenarios (to drive the storyline)

The devs don't care about us, so let's make our own fun, at least that way we can build something for the newbies who didn't know and made KDF...

I'll be tentatively titling it 'Klingon Succession Crisis"-the plan is to have four to six 'factions' in fanfic, Foundry, and PvP type tourney type stuff with writeups for aftermaths.

we'll do it ourselves.

The Klingon character, of mine, likes this. My Romulan characters also like this (for different reasons). B)>:)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Again another good idea and the post you're talking about is here.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1216419/proposed-fan-event-klingon-civil-war

Have a read, give us your thoughts.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Kinda totally forgot about this- the whole AOY doubling down on FEDs thing ground my desire to play STO to a screeching halt.

we'll do it ourselves.

Well, hello. Color me intrigued.