test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
We're pleased to announce Agents of Yesterday, the third full expansion to Star Trek Online!

Delve into the past this Summer 2016.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Because I just can't contain my happiness!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/MOWDb2TBYDg

THANK YOU CRYPTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Well played. I alwas thought a TOS themed MMO like STO would be one of my "dream games". What remains to be seen, however, is how this is going to play out. Being able to create a TOS character in a TOS pocket universe, with adventure zones and tasks would be great indeed. Just having a TOS themed character and using them to play the regular content and fighting TNG and post TNG enemies all the time would be a bit silly, though. Please allow us to enter the 23rd century in a designated area to embrace it fully and not just let us fight Borg in 23rd century starships.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Yay, Walter Koenig and TOS-based story. I hope we'll be able to visit the TOS area with our existing characters via holo-disguises like we did in the Spectres arc.

Time to bring temporal wessels to ze fight!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Can't wait for this. Have started saving up zen for the temporal pack. I do have a question. Since this also contains a temporal recruitment event will we get a free char slot or will we have to buy some if we're out?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Yay, Walter Koenig and TOS-based story. I hope we'll be able to visit the TOS area with our existing characters via holo-disguises like we did in the Spectres arc.

Time to bring temporal wessels to ze fight!

No no NO...Nuklar temferal wessels lol
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Time to dry dock all my other alts for a while. EPIC!!!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    important question trailer has old school gorn... does that mean kdf can get old school gorn?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Does this mean Earth Spacedock will be destroyed 'again?'
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the new expansion (what we know about it so far). But if all we get today is an announcement, I'm gonna be disappointed.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Well that's me bought for the next few years! Can't wait to hear more. I'm damn curious about all the possible implications of how this will be executed. Awesome to see all those new technical manual ships make it in game and those different uniforms (but shouldn't the worn TOS uniforms have a huge slash across the chest? A different "worn" for each way Kirk got his shirt off! Hope we'll see more TOS crew like how Delta Rising teased more out - I'd love to see Uhura in game!
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    And payday IS TODAY!!! GAHHHH!!! I have bills to pay! And food to get! Luckily I can wait.

*taps finger on desk*

*leg starts to bounce*

Yeah. I can wait.

So excited about this!
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Do current players get a free character slot or 2 just for this event? Is all 3 factions, Romulan, KDF, AND Fed going to be included? Will we get a new ship as we climb the ranks? Are the new ships only available for purchase from the C-store? If the ships are available for purchase only, then are those that can't afford $130 for the new pack going to be left out in the dust? Many more questions than answers.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    important question trailer has old school gorn... does that mean kdf can get old school gorn?

What KDF? ... For that matter ... What Romulans?

That out of the way .... I want to know ... Why is the old school Constitution a Tier 1 for the TOS version? ... And what happens at end game? ... Do toons merge with the 2407+ verse?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Dang, I thought I was not going beyond 6 'toons... :o
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    genhauk wrote: »
    nightken wrote: »

What KDF? ... For that matter ... What Romulans?

That out of the way .... I want to know ... Why is the old school Constitution a Tier 1 for the TOS version? ... And what happens at end game? ... Do toons merge with the 2407+ verse?

Probably safe to assume since all the T6 Ships are either "modern Refits" or even from the 31st Century ... my guess is that your TOS Captain will just get into Temporal Shenanigans at LvL 50 or so ... and somehow ends up in 2410 ...

Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    kianazero wrote: »
    And payday IS TODAY!!! GAHHHH!!! I have bills to pay! And food to get! Luckily I can wait.

*taps finger on desk*

*leg starts to bounce*

Yeah. I can wait.

So excited about this!

I just got my Fed Return Refund yesterday...

I'm so Happy & Excited I could just spit!!!
    <chuckle>
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    No, you shouldn't be pleased about this. Not one bit.

I mean, this would be an awesome seasonal update to launch in September, which would've made more sense around the time of the 50th anniversary. But a rushed "expansion" in the summer? And what makes this an expansion anyway? A fed oriented micro-faction in the TOS era? With no new gameplay mechanics or systems, excluding specializations or reps? Color me disappointed.

Now I'm wondering what you actually have planned in September since you're holding a celebration of the Original Series this early.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    It'll be interesting to see what TOS sector space looks like, the known galaxy was a lot smaller back then.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Walter Koenig doing voice overs? Wow :D

Does Chris Doohan have the same accent as his father had? In that case, this is going to be even more awesome :)
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Ah TRIBBLE ... I forgot about that ... I'll have to grind the friggin reputations again.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    (...) Many more questions than answers.

Indeed. In the past (ha!) PWE/Cryptic showed however that they have the most obnoxious information policy you can think of. Until they release AoY you will get one blog every odd week that will tell you to "stay tuned" for more blogs that always tell you how excited you should be - but actual information is only given out shortly before the whole thing goes live.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Interesting expansion. i wonder how it ties into the 25th century and if the na'khul are directly involved?

romulans, klingons and feds are at war in this point in time, cardassia, bajor, trill, ferenginar have yet to be explored out yet as is the genolan dyson sphere. so i expect to see another galaxy map, a bit smaller sized that covers all the explore areas that starfleet knows about in their area of the galaxy. so some of the IKE and virtually nothing of the RSE.

good to have walter and chris doohan on board as well, be interesting to find out how this works. wondering what the anniversary rewards will be for those in the 23rd as well.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    It seem They are doing it to coincide with the release of "Star Trek: Beyond".

Whatever, works for me, the soon the better.
    B)
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    This is a home run.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Anybody see if They are going to offer the main pack at a discount for the first couple of days?
  • Options
    kovabombkovabomb Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    So, if I understand this correctly, the TOS era expansion will function much like the existing factions do. The Modern Federation, Klingon, and Romulan factions each have their own starting story arc, then each converge into the common story. There may be some limitations, but the way they are describing this, (unique story line, faction exclusive ships, etc) it sounds like TOS will basicly be its own "faction."

Perhaps with this proviso, we will finally have the high level TOS ships that everyone and their dog has been clamering for.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Is that Vic Mignogna doing the narration? I am cautiously optimistic about this and am looking forward to hearing more.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    I guess I'll play whatever this is, but I'm definitely not buying the silly packs. Game isn't even worth the amount of one of your packs.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    genhauk wrote: »
    And what happens at end game? ... Do toons merge with the 2407+ verse?

Your TOS character probably gets sent into the 25th century while in the 23rd, you're presumed lost. Once 25th Starfleet finds you, they help you to adjust with your new life... by sending you to rescue the SS Azura.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1