test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why I left Hobo

scotty8863scotty8863 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
First off this isn’t my post. I am not in hobo and never was. The individual who left hobo is a friend of mine and asked me to post.

I will just say for myself that in addition to being friends with this person in-game I know this person through FB and TS. Many of you know him as a Klingon bully and braggart in the Kerrat System but I can assure you that that is just the persona he adapts when playing the game.

Why I left...
The Fleet Leader has left sto to play another game full-time while maintaining control of the fleet. So there is no dedication to this game anymore or any interest in furthering the interests of the fleet.
The Fleet Leader doesn’t manage the Fleet or want to. When you do need to contact him he considers it “drama” and an interruption of his other game.
The Fleet Leader aggressive recruits sto fleet members to switch games and join his new other game fleet.
The Fleet Leader constantly asks for real money and game assets from the rank & file fleet members.
The Generals and Fleet Leader are not answering fleet member chat whispers even though they are either on TS or in other chat channels blabbering away.
Prospective fleet members are not being vetted properly. Consequently the quality of the fleet membership has suffered.
The Fleet Bank is in reality the personal bank of the absent Fleet Leader. Fleet members can deposit but no withdrawal at any level.
There is evidence that the hobo Star Base (aka the fleet) was “For Sale” not too long ago.
There are other things we tolerate but I will save that for another time.

Would you want to belong to a fleet like this?
In this game, there positively, absolutely, needs for there to be a mechanism to remove corrupt fleet leadership.

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    scotty8863 wrote: »
    First off this isn’t my post. I am not in hobo and never was. The individual who left hobo is a friend of mine and asked me to post.

I will just say for myself that in addition to being friends with this person in-game I know this person through FB and TS. Many of you know him as a Klingon bully and braggart in the Kerrat System but I can assure you that that is just the persona he adapts when playing the game.

Why I left...
    The Fleet Leader has left sto to play another game full-time while maintaining control of the fleet. So there is no dedication to this game anymore or any interest in furthering the interests of the fleet.
    The Fleet Leader doesn’t manage the Fleet or want to. When you do need to contact him he considers it “drama” and an interruption of his other game.
    The Fleet Leader aggressive recruits sto fleet members to switch games and join his new other game fleet.
    The Fleet Leader constantly asks for real money and game assets from the rank & file fleet members.
    The Generals and Fleet Leader are not answering fleet member chat whispers even though they are either on TS or in other chat channels blabbering away.
    Prospective fleet members are not being vetted properly. Consequently the quality of the fleet membership has suffered.
    The Fleet Bank is in reality the personal bank of the absent Fleet Leader. Fleet members can deposit but no withdrawal at any level.
    There is evidence that the hobo Star Base (aka the fleet) was “For Sale” not too long ago.
    There are other things we tolerate but I will save that for another time.

Would you want to belong to a fleet like this?
    In this game, there positively, absolutely, needs for there to be a mechanism to remove corrupt fleet leadership.
    There is a mechanism. Sort of. If he truly abandons the game, then after a while, people will be able to commandeer the fleet.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • scotty8863scotty8863 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    Hobos have been good to me. One of its members freely gave me a hydrogen hunter and four fleet modules. Sounds like a 100 dollars donation to me.

It wouldn’t surprise me if my friend was the one who helped you. I know this person was one of the top contributors toward the Fleet Star Base and that he has helped many of his fleet mates and fellow players acquire game currency and game assets they probably would have never have been able to get by themselves. My friend was a very loyal fleetie. For him to pick up and leave that fleet tells me there is some problem there.
  • gdeemergdeemer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I find it very disappointing when fleet leaders maintain absolute control while also hurting the fleet.
    ========================
    Deemer
    Fleet Admiral
    Mechanized Dragons
    ========================
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User

send a support ticket with your evidence and the leader is gone for good