test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    "Nope. Stonewalled but the current acting Captain," Krystal deadpanned before turning to face Lydia. "I'm not interested in making arrests, so relax. I'm interested in finding the truth. And frankly... I don't think this whole mess is as clear cut as it appears."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    U.S.S Philadelphia, main engineering

Captain Jim Dennison comes down to main engineering to check on the repairs, seeing Sarah.

"Well, that was fast. Be helpful, ok?"

Sarah replies "don't worry, I know what I'm doing." She sends her engineers to help with the warp core.

Jim then turns to Krystal.

"Stonewalled, you say? You mind explaining why you're still on the ship? I don't see any of the Lexington's engineers helping with the repairs, or you, for that matter. What are you doing down here?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
    "Trying to find some answers on this situation Captain," Krystal replied. "And my team's still securing the shuttlebay anyways."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    "That is true, captain. Although I'd like to what they're securing the shuttlebay against. The rebels have already left the ship, have they not?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

"Haven't told them to stand down yet," Krystal replied. "Consider it a precaution. Just in case."
    "In case what, captain? Do you not realize that we have the prisoners captured in what is essential a flying Facility 4028!?"

He quickly covers up his last statement with "er, the Firestorm, of course. You know how it is on a warship."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    U.S.S. Firestorm, a random corridor
    Ensign Eras is ambushed by an Omega Operative, armed with an Omega Antiproton Autocarbine. Any attempts to attack the operative are deflected by personal shielding as they bring Eras to the ground.

Of course Eras is taken down by these more experienced and hardcore soldiers. However, the phaser had already been turned into a bomb...

It whined loudly as it readied to explode in the operative's face.

U.S.S. Firestorm, just outside main engineering
    Lieutenant Lang looks up to see an Omega Operative lunging at him.

Of course, Lang knew this would happen. He was not too far from a very essential area. However, he was blocking the path of a two hundred foot drop, known as a vertical Jeffries tube, with his body, and needed only to step aside and let the man fall, probably breaking at least one leg. Meanwhile, the tricorder caused the operative's personal shield to fail.

U.S.S. Firestorm, holodeck
    Another operative arrives in the holodeck, looking at the maze. He enters further, using his Omega suit's integrated scanners to hunt for Kidna. He activates his communicator, hailing 11 of 14.

"Commander, I think our holodeck here has been taken over by one of the escaped prisoners. You mind cutting the holodeck's power for me?"

Commander 11 of 14 would hear a terrible scream from the man as he suddenly "fell" through a trapdoor in the floor onto many spikes below, leaving his real rifle for Kidna to pick up. She left the holodeck. When the power was cut, the operative was dead.

U.S.S. Firestorm, above cargo bay 1
    Another pair of operatives enter the cargo bay, searching for Dolth and Tina.

"It's like they can read our minds or something," Dolth complained, in a whisper.

Tina retorted, in a lower whisper, "They can! Also, their sensors are still working."

"Whoa," said Dolth, "did we just jump to warp?"

U.S.S. Firestorm, airlock
    Another two Omega operatives see Benson and Fernandez in the airlock, pulling out their antiproton rifles and opening fire at them mercilessly. The rifles are set to kill.

And the airlock opened?
    Everyone was sucked out into space, but contained within the warp bubble. So only the people in the EVA suits survived. The conscious ones, Benson and Fernandez, clung to the side of the ship, and then made their way toward sickbay.

Although the two would-be murderers were dead as TRIBBLE, the two regular security officers had been saved by the ever-so-magnanimous Benson and Fernandez. They were just floating around between the warp bubble and the ship...but they were alive.

As they approached sickbay, Fernandez's suit said, "Warning! Oxygen at 70 percent."

Benson's head snapped around. "What!"

"One of the blasts from the security guards got me!" he cringed. "I think it's bad."

"Well, good thing we're going to sickbay," Benson said, tears in her eyes.

Fernandez chuckled, handing her his phaser he took off one of the crewmen. "Dual-wield that TRIBBLE, Benson."

She shook her head, trying to push the phaser back toward him. "We're going to fix this!"

Fernandez wrapped his arm around Crewman Danielle Benson. "Tell your brother...he sucks at poker. And tell Nel...tell her I said love her."

Danielle clenched her eyes shut and leaned her helmet against the relief ops crewman's chest. "Please, Lee. Don't..."

"Warning! Oxygen at 40 percent," the computer said.

"That's really fast," Lee chuckled blackly. "Tell my mom...I'm sorry I couldn't be at dad's funeral."

With that, he pushed off the ship, much to Benson's grasping hand's dismay. "No!" she cried. "Lee!"

He turned off the comm link as he floated toward the edge of the warp bubble. Angry, Danielle Benson turned away from sickbay and made her way...further north.

U.S.S. Firestorm, the bridge

The admiral laughs. "They really thought they could escape so easily, didn't they? I guess they didn't expect our operatives to be so well trained, did they?"

Patar glances at the admiral. "I think Gul Kentar and Narskene will probably want to hear from you regarding our trying to stop SI from uncovering them, won't they?"

"Of course, although we're under cloak right now, so I'd rather not open any transmissions. For now."​​

The explosion that rocked the bridge was dwarfed only by the sudden depressurization of the same bridge. Right before a force field sealed the hole above the admiral's chair, Crewman Danielle Benson fell through, screaming furiously and dual-firing a type II phaser and a phaser compression rifle at the admiral.
    Krystal narrowed her eyes.
    "I don't care Captain. Besides... something's going on and I intend to find out," she said. "ECH asside, I was the highest ranking officer on this ship until you came aboard."
    Lydia face-palmed. "Still here. Still my ship, no matter what you all say."

Sickbay

The ECH checked on Kannor before heading toward main engineering, since he was told to help. He entered engineering to see the bickering.
    edited May 2016
    U.S.S. Firestorm, bridge

Patar throws the admiral out of the way, barely grabbing Benson and throwing him at the viewscreen, breaking the viewscreen as the dozen Omega Operatives on the bridge shoot at Benson, the admiral and Patar now safe behind a forcefield.

The operative quickly throws the phaser at Eras, as the phaser explodes.

"What the hell!?" 11 of 14 screams. Turning to the half dozen MACOs in main engineering, she yells at them in a rage. "Find them and kill them all!

The MACOs walk out, seeing Lang, blasting him with an adopted MACO phaser rifle, the others firing on him repeatedly with their rifles.

U.S.S. Firestorm, Cargo Bay 1

"Lieutenant! I heard something up there!" one of the Operatives exclaimed, looking up at the vents above. Is that them?

The other operative wastes no time opening the vent and tossing in a photon grenade, sealing the vent with a beam of his antiproton rifle. "That should give them a little blast.

The grenade goes off.

U.S.S. Firestorm, outside the holodeck

As Kidna leaves, she is greeted by an Omega Operative in the Harvester variant Omega gear. It's Burt, who wastes no time throwing a plasma grenade Kidna's way, activating forcefields around the Vorta, leaving her trapped with the grenade as it's about to explode.

U.S.S. Firestorm, bridge

The admiral glares at Benson, who's EVA suit is now badly damaged, and his weapons destroyed.

"By now, your crewmen are probably dead, or having quite a blast with a few grenades here and there. Care to surrender before my dozen Omega Operatives here kill you?"

U.S.S. Philadelphia, main engineering

"You really think so, don't you? Well, I understand. It's your ship, but I'm still the one in charge around here. Krystal, as for your little search, you go right ahead. If you find out anything, report to me. Admiral's orders, of course. And in case you get any bright ideas, don't disobey those orders. You really don't want to make the admiral angry. Heck, I'd be surprised if the prisoners on the Firestorm were still alive."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal couldn't believe what she just heard.

"'Surprised if they were still alive'?" she asked, crossing her arms across her chest. Her right hand was in a position to drop to her phaser if necessary, but she was trying to disguise that in hopes that it wasn't needed. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
    Firestorm, bridge

The woman Danielle Benson looked at the admiral and Patar. She slowly started taking off her EVA suit. Now that the bridge was secured by force fields, there was no longer any danger of losing oxygen. The only danger was the Omega Operatives. She let her damaged weapons fall to the deck, and the security officer smiled at them all. She shrugged.

"You can kill me," she said, her lip bloodied and cheek gashed. She fell to her knees, still smiling. "You can kill me. But I can rest, I can rest assured that although I'm not perfect and I sometimes hate my job and my life...I am giving my life for my crew - my family, my ship, Starfleet, and the Federation. You...you will perish because you may have all this tech and all these loyal mercs under your command, but as the Undine say, you are weak. I die free." Her smile widened as she closed her eyes, kneeling by a random console at the front of the ship...

As the phaser exploded, Javan Eras leaped through a door. He was severely wounded, his shot shoulder now even more torn open, and his bicep burnt, but he survived. He quickly tapped the keys beside the door, sealing it. He turned around to find himself in auxiliary control, the second most important location other than the bridge. It was basically the Bridge II: The Reckoning. There was only one frightened ensign, who happened to be Bajoran. Eras kicked him in the head, knocking him out of the chair. He took the man's side arm and shot him, to death.

"Forget taking the high road," Eras said, "I'm blowing it up."

Using the auxiliary control panel, he deactivated the warp drive, turned off all sensors, and activated a remote transport. As he beamed out, his phaser remained on the console. It exploded so that nobody could use that console anymore.

He beamed into sickbay, in a small lab not swarming with people, and found a hypospray. Then he crawled into a vent and closed it behind him without anyone seeing him.

Lang dropped down the vertical Jeffries tube, but caught himself on the rungs before he fell too far. He climbed into another Jeffries tube to the right and crawled like mad. Any operative that would come within twenty yards of Lang would lose their personal shielding.

U.S.S. Firestorm, Cargo Bay 1

Dolth and James quickly scurried behind the force field that they managed to activate from the guts of the panel. They were protected but Dolth said, "We shouldn't stay here."

They moved off to another part of the ship.

The force of the explosion sent Kidna flying back into the energy barrier. She collapsed, bleeding profusely from many areas on her body, and burnt on many more. She was barely alive, her violet eyes and mouth open wide in shock and agony. Eli...

"Oops. Lets just say that the Firestorm's security is used to Iconian boarding actions and Borg assimilation, so if the prisoners try to get away, they'll probably have a few dozen elite Omega Operatives after them. You know how it is."

U.S.S. Firestorm, bridge

The admiral looks at Benson.

"Then you know what? If your comrades were as resourceful as you, they'll be all over my ship. I don't need another prisoner to make things worse. Operatives, do it."

They aim their rifles at the crewmen and fire.

U.S.S. Firestorm, main engineering

"What now" 11 of 14 shouted. "Crewmen, bring the warp core back online and other systems, and lock out the computer from everyone except me and the admiral. I am fed up with all these renegades all over my ship!"

They bring the warp core back and sensors back online and lock out the compters with a Borg encryption code developed by 11 of 14. No one will be able to break into the computer systems now. The MACOs outside come back in.

"Commander, I think he got away."

11 of 14 glared at them. "Then throw more Omega Operatives at him. Tell them to come prepared for the worst! Don't bother giving the enemy any chances. Kill them on sight."

U.S.S. Firestorm, further in the vents near Cargo Bay 1

The two crewmen continue crawling through, only to encounter a pair of Tactical Exocomps along the way. They start firing on them with phasers, which are probably set to kill.

Commander Burt walks up to Kidna. "Sorry about this, really, but with the transporters offline and transporter inhibitors everywhere, there's no chance of your making it in time."

He raises his rifle at Kidna, and pulls the trigger.

U.S.S. Firestorm, a random jeffries tube not too far from main engineering

Another operative, hot on Lang's trail, notices their shields are offline. They contact the admiral.

"Admiral, my personal shielding is offline, and I'm not too far from Lang. I think they're using some kind of... something!"

The admiral replies over the comms "then use your training. You've taken on Borg drones without your shielding, and lived to tell about it. You can take out one engineer, right"

"Yes, sir." the operative replies, as she moves in to intercept Lang.

"Don't worry about it. If the prisoners aren't too much trouble, they'll be fine!"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"They would know the difference between Borg or Iconians and Starfleet personnel," Krystal replied. "And I'm sure they would be well aware of Starfleet Regulations regarding the Ethical Treatment of Prisoners."

"Like I said, if the prisoners don't try to run off, they'll be treated perfectly fine. If they try to escape, they'll probably die. I mean, the crew knows the different between Borg, Iconians, and Starfleet personnel, but they're still pretty hard core "shoot bad guys", so if anyone gives them the chance, they'll probably unleash hell on them."

Jim looks over at the warp core, then back at Krystal, then turns to Sarah.

"You know?"

Captain Sarah does not look impressed, as she turns to Jade.

"We should really get those prisoners off the Firestorm as soon as possible. Believe me, I've been on missions with them. Heck, my first officer watched a squad of them fight, no, massacre one of the Borg's assimilated Undine once. You'd think assimilated Undine are powerful, but against these guys... the Borg never stood a chance. Neither did the Iconian Heralds. The prisoners wouldn't fare any better in battle against these guys."

Sarah turns to Jim.

"Sorry, but we've got to get those prisoners off the Firestorm, whether you like it or not."

U.S.S. Firestorm

The Firestorm's cloaking device, which went offline along with the warp core, was never brought back up. The Firestorm is in open view now, nearing the edge of Federation space.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"I'll request that the prisoners be transferred to the Lexington," Krystal said. "One less thing for the Admiral to worry about... right?"

She then relaxed her stance, although she made it obvious that she had been ready for a fight.
    "In the meantime I can have some engineers from the Lexington come over to help get this ship back up and running, along with any medical personnel that might be needed."
    Sarah looks at Krystal. "Jade, the Firestorm is gone. They cloaked in orbit of ESD, and haven't reappeared since. They may have left to some other system we don't even know about."

Captain Jim turns to Sarah. "Oh, they did, captain. They did."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal got in Jim's face.

"Start. Talking," she growled

Nine Months Ago...

Elihu M'Konel and Talitha Roseblade, U.S.S. Philadelphia, Talitha's quarters

“Oh my God, look at my freckles,” Talitha sneered at her emblazoned freckled chest, face, and shoulders in the mirror of her quarters.

Elihu walked up behind her and smiled. “Mm, yes. Look at them.” He kissed her shoulder.

She squirmed and giggled. “Eli...You know how I am about freckles.”

“But they're just so cuuuuute.” He chuckled and turned her to face him. “I didn't know a holographic sun would do that,” he claimed.

Her cynical look told him she knew better. Really? We're lying to each other now? That's, like, not even possible.

“I will quiet your silent judgment with the greatest weapon of all...” He kissed her nose.

She rolled her eyes. Before they could kiss, the door chimed...

Present Day...

Elihu M'Konel, T.I.S. Zipporah, “the straight-jacket”

Eli...

“Eli.”

Elihu blinked, unsure if he was hearing or feeling Kidna's voice. He was trying to hold onto the emotional memory of being with Talitha, when Kidna had entered her quarters to tell her that the captain wanted to take Talitha on a special mission... That was only a week before the captain and first officer died and M'Konel took command.

Eli...

No, it was definitely a feeling. Pain. Fear. Guilt.

“Kidna?” Elihu rasped. He knew she was dying. He also knew that she was very far away and was using every bit of energy she had to send him a message. I will bring you back, he tried to project across the light-years.

Listen, Kidna said, The Fleet Admiral - the commander of the Firestorm – he's a traitor. He's killing us all. He must be stopped. Warn Starfleet...

And that was it. She was gone. As he felt the Vorta die, Elihu let out a howl of angst. He slouched in the straight-jacket and closed his eyes. “Just kill me,” he mumbled.

“That's what he wants,” Fenna told Elihu. “The Infamous wants you to surrender to him. We must fight him!”

“I have a better idea,” muttered Elihu. Krystal...

Lydia M'Konel, U.S.S. Philadelphia, main engineering

Sleep.

It was not a voice that Krystal Jade would hear, not even a voice in her head. It was more like a feeling, like a feeling one might get when someone in the room is talking about them.

Krystal. Sleep.

A wash of calming warmth overtook Krystal, followed by an unnatural desire to curl up and drift off into a dreamworld. There was no fatigue though; in fact, Krystal felt wide awake. But the urge to escape her current reality would become almost as powerful as the urge to sleep when one was exhausted.

Sleep...

Suddenly Aazrus' voice came over the intercom: “This is the chef, and the chief morale officer of the Philadelphia! In honor of our new crew, and hopefully having a commanding officer who is not insane, I have prepared a feast in the mess hall! Please, all original and new Phili crew, as well as the crews of any other ship who happen to have boarded the Phili because, well, they just cannot mind their own damn business... Yep, we're all dining together, so let's all just make our way to the mess hall and let the work-bees and holograms do the fixin' stuff for an hour. Seriously, it's almost eight. It's breakfast time. Come on. Hell, even the Q eat pancakes.”

On each of the engineering consoles were displayed formal invitations:

Captain Jim Dennison
    Captain Sarah Walker, and all accompanying engineering personnel
    Sub-Commander Lydia M'Konel
    Lt. Cmdr Shran-Vix
    Counselor Vaughn Vincent
    Lieutenant Yalo M'arnon
    Lieutenant Sokal
    Lieutenant Barant
    Lieutenant Daniel Benson
    Lieutenant Par
    Ensign Nel Kestral
    Ensign Zoe Everett
    Crewman Garn Pekh
    Crewman Toman Kannor
    Crewman Lareth
    Chef Aazrus

Captain Jade's name was not on that list.
    edited May 2016
    U.S.S. Firestorm, outside the bridge

The Reman MACO, T'Kek, was headed to the bridge as Kidna died. He, being a telepath, could sense that Kidna had sent out a telepathic message to... somewhere. Some part of space. A ship? He didn't know. All he knew was that somebody got out a message, and that somebody else in Starfleet probably knows what's going on by now. He quickly rushed for the bridge, walking up to the admiral, not even taking a moment to glance at Benson's body on the floor, which one of the operatives confirms the death of.

"Admiral, someone... one of the prisoners got out a telepathic message of some kind. I don't know what they were saying, but I just feel like Starfleet is going to know about us sooner than we hoped for. I do have an idea where the message was sent howe--"

"Then coordinate with the helm and set a course there. Whoever it is needs to be captured... or worse."

They do so. The Firestorm is now headed roughly for wherever Elihu happens to be right now, unsure of what they'll find. They bring the cloaking device back online, hiding the Firestorm from sensors, virtually impervious to any forms of cloaking detection thanks to some unique modifications to the cloaking device in question.

"Well, I guess it's time for--" Sarah interrupts Jim as he tries to walk away. "Jim, what the hell is going on?"

"Classified, of course. You know how it--" Sarah interrupts him again. "No, actually, I don't! This isn't just some strike against the Iconians or another temporal mission. There's something much darker going on here, isn't there!?"

"You know us quite well. Too well, actually. Go eat some pancakes. I've got a captain to question."

Jim turns to Jade, knowing that Jade's name wasn't on the list of invited crew.

"There's a reason no one invited you or your security officers in the shuttlebay. I think that's your hint to get off my ship."

He glares at Jade, awaiting a response.

U.S.S. Firestorm, in a vent outside sickbay

Eras is greeted inside by several Exocomps, all of whom are armed. They stun Eras, alerting 8 of 14 inside sickbay, who pulls Eras out and places him in a forcefield, while taking care of his injuries.

"Gotta love all these robot engineers, don't you? They all double as security when people go crawling around the ship unauthorized."

U.S.S. Firestorm, a jeffries tube now a ways away from main engineering

The operative moves in closer. She sets her weapon to heavy stun, hoping that she could avoid killing Lang, so they could capture him again. The operative prepares a stun grenade for throwing.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited May 2016
    U.S.S. Firestorm, Jeffries tube

Another operative, hot on Lang's trail, notices their shields are offline. They contact the admiral.

"Admiral, my personal shielding is offline, and I'm not too far from Lang. I think they're using some kind of... something!"

The admiral replies over the comms "then use your training. You've taken on Borg drones without your shielding, and lived to tell about it. You can take out one engineer, right"

"Yes, sir." the operative replies, as she moves in to intercept Lang.

The operative moves in closer. She sets her weapon to heavy stun, hoping that she could avoid killing Lang, so they could capture him again. The operative prepares a stun grenade for throwing.​​

Lieutenant Lang had just finished putting on the Omega armor when he heard someone coming. He used his tricorder to find out it was a lone operative. He was certain the operative's weapon was set to kill, so he set his to kill as well. His tricorder's scans also detected an active stun grenade. Knowing the time limit on the grenade, and that the operative's shielding was down, Lang simply ran around the corner before she could lob it at him. As he tackled her, the grenade fell, stunning them both, but at least he'd been prepared for it. He decked her in the face and yanked off her helmet. Blinking away the effects of the grenade, he stood over the operative and hit her in the face with his fist, putting her out.

“Now, who's the prisoner,” he muttered, before taking her somewhere else in the ship.

The internal sensors were still down, and he was nowhere near his last reported position.

U.S.S. Firestorm, in a vent outside sickbay
    Eras is greeted inside by several Exocomps, all of whom are armed. They stun Eras, alerting 8 of 14 inside sickbay, who pulls Eras out and places him in a forcefield, while taking care of his injuries.

"Gotta love all these robot engineers, don't you? They all double as security when people go crawling around the ship unauthorized."

A few minutes later, Eras awakened, groggy from having been stunned. He was actually surprised the Exocomps had not killed him. When 8 of 14 finished healing him, Eras let the hypospray slide from his sleeve and pressed it against 8 of 14's arm; a mixture of reprogrammed Borg nanobots and Undine DNA, plus enough tranquilizing agent to put down a dozen elephants, coursed through 8 of 14's body. And just in case that was not enough to put 8 of 14 down, Eras kicked him in the head and took a laser scalpel from the cart beside the biobed. He shot the laser across 8 of 14's eyes and then went to free the Undine.

He said to the Undine, “I think it's time you repay Captain M'Konel for his kindness...”

U.S.S. Firestorm, further in the vents near Cargo Bay 1

The two crewmen continue crawling through, only to encounter a pair of Tactical Exocomps along the way. They start firing on them with phasers, which are probably set to kill.

Dolth took the brunt of the phaser blasts as he threw his body between them and Tina James. He was a large man, so unless they vaporized him, he'd easily be able to keep the phaser blasts from hitting James in the small passageway, and depending on how many beams were fired, he might have even survived, albeit severely wounded.

But this gave Tina enough time to escape down another vent, and then escape the shaft altogether as she descended into a corridor.

USS Firestorm, just outside sickbay

“Hektor!” she exclaimed, afraid and teary-eyed. “I think Dolth is dead.”

Lang dropped the unconscious woman he was carrying and handed James an antiproton rifle. “It may just be the two of us. It's only a matter of time before more operatives or MACO's locate us.”

Just then Javan Eras ran out of sickbay, nearly bumping into them. He said, “I'm so glad to see you two! Where are the others?”

Lang and James just shook their head.
    edited May 2016
    U.S.S. Firestorm, sickbay

8 of 14, being Borg, regenerated. He felt pretty sick, but he got up none the less, looking at the nurse who was helping him.

That does it. I try to let them live, and they do this. I'm with the others on this. Contact the operatives and inform them one of the prisoners are out near sickbay... somewhere.

The nurse taps their combadge and hails main engineering, telling them "one of them in near sickbay."

One of the engineers responds, telling them that "we got internal sensors back online. 11 of 14 sure seems mad though. Took a dozen tactical Exocomps and 4 MACOs, and headed down to catch them. We also got a message from the admiral saying he was going down with another dozen Omega Operatives. He, too, doesn't seem very happy. I honestly don't understand why we have so much firepower, but--"

"Oh no. They'll probably kill them!" the nurse exclaimed, looking at 8 of 14 in shock, as 8 of 14 walked over telling her that "don't worry, I've got another trick up my sleeve. Well, not really a trick. Just a matter of walking out there and... no, you know what? I'll do it myself."

8 of 14 instructs the ship's computer to erect a forcefield around the prisoners. The computer tells him that any and all computer systems are locked down. "What the hell?" he says. "11 of 14 sure is mad alright. He taps his combadge. "Any and all MACOs, Omega Operatives, and security hearing this, set your weapons to stun. I don't want any more deaths on this ship."

"Also, where's the Undine?"

The nurse replied "right there, behind... oh no."

8 of 14 turns around to see the Undine preparing to attack. He injects the Undine with an Undine disabling injection he prepared previously, paralyzing the Undine instantly. "Sorry about that, but we have enough problems already."

Just then, there were footsteps of 11 of 14, 4 MACOs, and the imminent hovering of the dozen Exocomps. They see the remaining prisoners and begin launching a fury of phaser fire at them. Their weapons are set to stun, although 11 of 14 doesn't know that, as she throws a plasma grenade at the escaped prisoners while ordering the computer to seal any and all exits, preventing escape.

U.S.S. Firestorm, down to corridor in the next section

The admiral, now wearing some very heavy duty Omega gear and supported by a dozen Omega Operatives, heads down towards 11 of 14 to join them, only for the hatches to close in front of him. The admiral can't reach the prisoners now; it's up to the 2 liberated Borg, the MACOs, and the Undine to decide how things end for them.​​
    Post edited by admiralnat on
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"She's not officially your ship," Krystal countered after shaking her head as if to clear it. "You only acting in a temporary capacity."

She then brought a hand to her head, looking a little tired.

"For now" Jim replied, as he turned and went to get breakfast.

"Tired?" Sarah asked, turning to Krystal.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Yea... I guess..." Krystal replied with a sigh before looking at Sarah. "Probably nothing I can do about him right now anyways. I don't trust him."

She shook her head again.
    "I don't want to just leave this alone but... who do I trust on the Philidelphia if things go south and you guys need help?"
    edited May 2016
    "Don't worry, I got the Sally running routine missions around ESD. She's a dreadnought, so if things go south, we can manage things here. What I'm worried about is the prisoners on the Firestorm. I have a bad feeling they're having a really bad time."

Sarah looked over to some of the crew, then back to Krystal.

"Trust me, I know these guys. They're an elite crew of warriors, not a prison ship."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Its the Captain I'm more concerned about," Krystal admitted. "Have the Philidelphia's old XO contact me when possible. By all rights the chain of command should have fallen to the XO, only it didn't in this case."

She again shook her head.
    "Lexington will be available to help as well so... don't have to face anything alone. I'll leave the security team here just in case. Justify it as keeping the shuttlebay secure or something. I just need a reason to keep an eye on this ship."

Again Krystal shook her head.
    "I... I'd better get back to my ship before I pass out."
    "Oh trust me, Captain Jim is good at his job. Too good, if he ends up being used against us."

Sarah thinks.

"Well, I think the ship's command had fallen to Lydia before the ECH took charge, so I'll let her know to contact you as soon as possible. As for your other problem, going back would be a good idea."

The captain walked out to find Lydia. Sarah eventually finds her, telling her that "Jade asked me to ask you to contact her on the Lexington as soon as you can."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal returned to the Lexington, managed to get back to her quarters, and immediately passed out in the nearest chair.
    Lydia M'Konel, U.S.S. Philadelphia, mess hall

As everyone filed in, smiling and chatting about the upcoming feast, Aazrus stood at the head of the large, rectangular table, which was set with some of the finest breakfast meals in the quadrant, including his promised famous pancakes.

Aazrus was actually pleased to see Toman Kannor make it to breakfast, though one of his legs was in a cast. The chef gestured for everyone to take their seats at the table; there were plenty of seats for everyone.

Lydia immediately sat down at the other end of the table, directly across from Aazrus. She was actually glad for the meal; she had not eaten since she was on ESD yesterday, and felt she could use a diversion from her guilt and worries.

When Captain Walker informed her that Captain Jade wanted to have a word with her, the Romulan acknowledged it with a nod, but blew it off immediately.