test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    Nel Kestral, USS Molly, the bridge

As soon as the torpedoes were away, Kestral entered the bridge. She cringed at seeing the red projectiles rather than blue. The Elachi's aft shield emitter had probably been disabled, not destroyed. Oh well, she thought. We're free, for now.

Kestral approached the command area and nodded respectfully to Captain Walker. "One of your drones did not feel it necessary to issue me a sidearm." She shrugged, crossing her arms over her black and gold leather Sierra B4 uniformed chest. "Thankfully we don't yet need them." After glancing over at the nearest science or ops console, Kestral suggested, "If you boost power to the long-range sensors, shunt it through the lateral relays, and feed the relayed energy into the short-range scanners, your sensors will work better..."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    Krystal entered the food court on Earth Spacedock and made a beeline for the replicators. After spending some time on Earth, she came back up to check on some stuff. It was clear from her movements that she was a bit distracted.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    U.S.S. Molly, bridge

"Already did. Trust me, I didn't spend a year captaining the U.S.S. Sally to not know how to captain a ship. Also, 3 of 5 told me about your incident a few minutes ago. All he did was tell you that we had procedures about taking weapons from the armory. If you have some kind of problem with that, then you really have a lot to learn, lieutenant."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
    Kestral's smile was obviously feigned as she slowly and deliberately bowed her head. "My apologies Ma'am. I am used to a somewhat...different approach to starship command. Suffice it to say, perhaps it was not ultimately the best method, considering the events that recently transpired aboard Phili, but it did give us the ability to voice our concerns in a more open and honest forum. I do believe I am still relieved of duty, so pardon me as I take my leave."

U.S.S. Molly, bridge

"I figured as much. As someone who captained a Galaxy X dreadnought for a year, I know that there are times some members of the crew aren't quite used to whatever procedures we have to ensure no one goes stealing our weapons for who knows what. Next time, just follow procedure, and there shouldn't be any problem."

Sarah stopped for a moment.

"Go ahead and take your leave then."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

edited June 2016

D'ren McDonnell – Starfleet Intelligence Mobile Safe-house #595 - Ceth'lenn, Ireland

After three years of overseeing D'ren's development, Commander Resler was replaced by Special-Agent-in-Charge Ran'La, a slightly older man who did not care for D'ren or his family as his predecessor did. The former Section 31 SAIC viewed D'ren as nothing more than an experiment, property to be used and discarded.

When Ran'La issued The Last Order, the lieutenant looked up from his console, surprised. “Sir, the subject McDonnell is not supposed to be activated for another two years, at least! He's not ready!”

“Are you questioning me?” bellowed Ran'La. “Activate and issue the Last Order!”

Reluctantly, the lieutenant tapped some keys, sending out an unheard signal. From above, Ran'La watched D'ren strolling through the village marketplace with his brothers, Joseph, Derrick, and John.

D'ren laughed, “Johnny here told Miss Hok'teth that her pet targ escaped on its own!”

Chuckling, Johnny shrugged and said, “Well, I didn't really say it that way.”

“Wh't dit she sha-a-ay?” 9-year-old Derrick said, munching on a chocolate snack that had made a new home on half his face.

Joseph playfully shoved his twin brother Johnny, who shoved him back. “It's good that Johnny has tact. D'ren, or even I, would probably have gotten detention if we said something like that.”

“Pfft, I can win o'er any bird,” D'ren intoned, sipping a soda with a grin and nudging Joseph.

As the four brothers walked together through the fruit stands, a Bolian customer bumped D'ren's shoulder, causing him to drop his drink.

“Sorry about that,” the Bolian said.

Kill. Everyone.

D'ren didn't buy it. This blue TRIBBLE did it on purpose and he was going to pay. In fact, D'ren now knew the truth: his brothers had lured him here so that the Bolian could pick a fight, and possibly steal the McDonnells' belongings! In fact, the Bolian looked a lot like a Bolian D'ren had seen on the news! He was one of those Marquis terrorists who blew up a dilithium refinery on the Vega colony! D'ren looked over to Joseph, seeing his look of hatred. Johnny was reaching into his denim jacket for something and Derrick... Derrick had jet black eyes and...fangs? He was a vampire!

Then everything went murky and blurred. D'ren lost all emotion and before he knew what he was doing, he was drawing the pocket knife he always carried. The Bolian's throat was cut quickly, a waterfall of dark blood washing over D'ren and his victim. He attacked the demons or vampires or whatever they were too. He didn't stop stabbing and slashing until everyone within arm's length was lying in a pool of blood.

D'ren's robotic trance ended and when he looked down at what he'd done, he saw his three brothers on the ground, fruit and vegetables strewn about in their blood around them. He dropped his blood-stained knife as his mouth fell agape in horror. D'ren collapsed and wrapped his arms around Derrick's lifeless body, sobbing in anguish.

Then he remembered what he told his youngest brother a year ago.

We all get hurt, little guy. I just prefer it be physically than emotionally.

When the first responders showed up and Ceth'lenn police – aided by Starfleet security officers – apprehended D'ren, he still had no idea what he'd done or why. He felt as though he'd lost control, and it was different than just “seeing red” with anger. He tried to stop, but he just...could not stop. A part of him even enjoyed killing them. And for what? For nothing. Literally nothing.

The Infamous – Starbase 39, Lounge

“...and once I discovered that Section 31 and Starfleet Intelligence had programmed me to be an assassin, I set my sights on them, to destroy them, especially those directly responsible. I only just a few years ago managed to 'persuade' one of their agents to de-program me.”

Cynthia James stared at her fiance with shock. “Wow. That's ...a sad and ...terrifying story.”

“Yeah, sorry,” The Infamous said with a wince as he took a sip of his wine. With Cynthia, he did not employ his Irish accent.

“No,” replied Cynthia, “don't apologize. I think it's good that you can be this honest with me. It must be hard being forced to kill for all those years, especially people you cared about. But...you're better now, right?” She laughed nervously.

D'ren nodded slowly and slightly smirked. He reached forward and tenderly touched Cynthia's cheek. “Oh, Cyn,” he whispered lightly, “you and I are going to have a lot of fun together...till death do we part...”

ARK - Earth Spacedock, Mezzanine

Alyce Rose Kassidy, known as ARK by her colleagues, was playing 3D chess with a senior Vulcan command officer. When the young civilian girl won, the Vulcan had to visibly restrain his surprise. He allowed his brow to perk however.

"Very interesting," he said thoughtfully.

The extremely thin girl looked away shyly and nervously smiled. "Sorry," she spoke meekly.

Rigidly standing up, the Vulcan bowed graciously and walked away. "Good day, madam."

ARK's smile turned slightly more amused and she flicked her bangs behind her ear. ARK's wore glasses, a leather jacket, and her black hair short. She stood up and looked out at the starships, namely the Philadelphia, Zephyra, and Lexington, before slowly and hesitantly walking over to the balcony that overlooked the main concourse below.

When she noticed Tina James heading for the food court, her smile turned into an expression of guilt. She headed toward a turbo lift.

Elihu M'Konel - Earth Spacedock, food court

Krystal entered the food court on Earth Spacedock and made a beeline for the replicators. After spending some time on Earth, she came back up to check on some stuff. It was clear from her movements that she was a bit distracted.

Elihu, Kidna, and Eras were chatting about nothing in particular and, for once, it was not a painful or depressing conversation. Elihu even laughed once. The friends were catching up; it had been a few days since they'd last seen each other, and they'd spent everyday together for the last year or so. When Jade entered, he glanced up at her, but quickly glanced away, returning to the conversation about that year's Azalea Festival in Elihu's home state on Earth.

Then, as Elihu had predicted, the conversation somehow became about their recent and current troubles. Eras said, "Tina called me a few hours ago, said she looked up her sister's new boyfriend, but he has absolutely no file."

"Believe it or not," said Elihu, taking his hood down and rubbing his filthy, unshaven face, "there are colonists and other human civilians who were never registered with the Federation."

"I guess," said Eras. "But she said she had a bad feeling about this guy, despite Cynthia's claims to the contrary."

Kidna glanced past Elihu at the entrance of the food court. "Speaking of..."

They turned to see Tina enter and she headed straight for their table. "Hey," she said nervously, wringing her hands.

Elihu scooted over to make room for her and she sat beside him, her back to the entrance. "We were just talking about you," the man said, taking a sip of his iced tea.

Tina nodded slowly. "Yeah, I knew you didn't want to be bothered so I only called Eras and Hektor."

"Thanks," said Elihu, taking another drink, stealing a second glance at Jade. "Where is Hektor anyway?"

Eras said, "I assume engineering on the Lexington, helping with repairs. He's an engineer there."

"I see," said Elihu. "By the way, when is the memorial for our crew?"

Kidna told them, "Admirals Quinn and Tuvok have scheduled it for the day after tomorrow, at the Caldos colony on Caldos II."

Elihu smiled. "Danielle would've liked that. She was half Scottish. And that's where Tali's memorial was. It's too bad we didn't have anything to bury..."

Tina blinked sadly and put her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry sir."

Elihu inhaled deeply and turned to her with a fake smile. "So this guy you looked up? Why are you so against him marrying your sister?"

"Thanks to my contacts in SFI..." Tina began.

Elihu interjected, "...which are literally only Tuvok and Bradden..."

Tina continued unabated, "I've gathered enough information to theorize that this Daren/D'ren guy is The Infamous..."

With a heavy sigh and a heavier head, Elihu's face noisily fell to the table with hopelessness. "Of course it is." Then he narrowed his eyes as he lifted his head. "Great, to make things more 'interesting'," he mumbled, "there's another Empath around here somewhere."

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,756 Arc User
    Captain Aeris - U.S.S. Zephyra, Sickbay

The U.S.S. Zephyra sat out in space, near Earth Spacedock. Aeris entered Sickbay in search of her Doctor. Naturally, her medical case was shared with the Zephyra where people more familiar with her could assist in her situation. Who knows; she could disappear for a whole year next. Maybe even forever? She thought to herself.

"Where's Doctor Lila?" Aeris asked.

At a nearby, unfamiliar device, was the Spacedock engineer, Lieutenant Winry, working away. She took notice of Aeris' entrance and addressed her. "Captain? They said you disappeared into a void or on vacation or something? I wasn't paying attention."

"Some kind of a jump out of this universe's existence, I believe," Aeris replied. "And how can my Doctor just disappear when I was clearly in crisis? Did they give up in three days or something?"

Winry returned to her large boxy device. "She left after two, actually. Though, she did mention consulting Starfleet Medical. I assume it was for you, or to transfer. She didn't say."

"Any luck on your end?"

The engineer began pulling hard on a tool she connected to the innards of her scanner. "Almost! I've been in here for a week, so I think the time has allowed me to perfect the dimensional scanner. Though, with it configured to your Undine medical equipment, it's only going to scan Fluidic space."

"Perfect. Should we give it a go?"

Winry nodded. "Hell yeah! Just need to get this out of here first--"

"Need any help?" Aeris asked noticing how Winry was struggling to remove the hyperspanner from the machine. Without waiting for an answer, the Captain began pulling Winry backward while Winry was pulling on the tool. After the two struggled, the threshold was suddenly broken and they both flew back onto the floor.

The hyperspanner hit the floor as well, causing the interdimensional scanning machine to unexpectedly start up with a rumble. Suddenly, thin beams of light began beaming out from random openings. The resonating sound began to increase.

"That's not good," Winry said, arching an eye brow while still on the floor. She took out her remote and tried turning it off with no effect. "Transporters and containment fields may not work on that thing. But, modulating the connected medical equipment might help. We just may need more than the two of us at operating consoles."

Aeris tapped her commbadge. "Captain Aeris to anyone nearby. Any assistance you can provide in Sickbay would be perfect."
    Krystal sat down with a plate of nachos and a bottle of soda near Elihu. She was still thinking about the reason Admiral Nat may have wanted her to go to that Sphere.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    “Always with the Nachos”

Elihu M'Konel – Earth Spacedock, food court

Elihu looked over to the table beside theirs. Noticing her contemplative stare as she ate nachos, Elihu said, “You alright, Captain?”
    Earth Spacedock, food court

The C.B.S. Falzon's captain, Thot Tran, goes to the food court on ESD, hoping to find Krystal. He spots her, and walks over.

"Captain Jade, we need to talk. It's about that Herald Sphere we were going to be on a mission for until Admiral Nat ended up ditching the mission entirely. In fact, it's serious, and the U.S.S. Molly may be in danger because of it."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal looked up and blinked.
    "Um... Hi..." she managed to say.
    "Captain, this is serious. If we don't act, the U.S.S. Molly may be destroyed."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal blinked.
    "What's going on?" she asked, sounding like an officer again.
    edited June 2016
    Elihu sighed and stood up. His officers and friends knew him well enough to read him, and stood as well. Tina, Kidna, and Eras moved to tactical, but inconspicuous positions around the food court, hands near their sidearms. Elihu walked over to Thot Tran.

"What do you want, Breen? Aren't you with Nat?"
    "No. Since our defecting from the Breen Confederacy to the Federation, we've been loyal to Starfleet, not the former admiral specifically."

Tran walked over to Elihu, towering over him, and giving him a slight chill.

"Also, it's Thot Tran, not just Breen. More species discrimination like that, and I'll have to file a report."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited June 2016

Elihu restrained a smirk, but just enough to let Tran see it. Elihu was no longer a member of Starfleet, Intelligence or otherwise. A report would do nothing but irritate the brass, and they'd most probably overlook the minor indiscretion in light of the recent events.

He chose to take the Breen's words about his loyalty with a grain of salt. There was no reason at all to believe him. In fact, when Nel was transferred to Captain Walker's ship, he was adamant to Starfleet Command that they were making a huge mistake, especially considering the ship's destination into the Natara Expanse, a place where a lack of sensors would make a good place for an ambush. In reality, Elihu was more concerned about this Sphere and his friend on Molly than whether or not this particular Breen was secretly working for Nat or the Iconians.

"Sorry," said Elihu, appearing genuinely serious, right up until he said, "but you all look alike to me."

He then immediately sighed, recalling the slight chill that the Breen imposed upon Elihu. He'd have to remember to brace himself next time for Breen physiology; cold-blooded was an understatement. However, Nel's life meant more to him than his own pride, but just barely, so he bowed his head slightly to the taller man.

"Look, I support any actions taken to redeem the Molly,” stated Elihu, “but with all due respect, Thot, I don't think it's wise to go gallivanting off away from space dock on some half-assed mission to save someone. That's what got Walker into trouble before.”

He looked down to Captain Jade, his demeanor instantly changing, becoming sharp and almost irritated. He snapped his fingers in front of her face. “Hey! Don't take the Lexington anywhere, alright? The Infamous may still be out there somewhere, and he's almost as dangerous as Admiral Nat. Got it?”

The Infamous – Starbase 39, lounge

As The Infamous and his lover were chatting and laughing, five men in unmarked black uniforms marched over and surrounded the table. The Infamous slowly looked up, his smile fading as he stared into the ice blue eyes of the obvious agent-in-charge. Cynthia gulped, looking around fearfully.

“D'ren, are these...?” she started.

Ice Blue pulled out a PADD and read from it: “Daren Connor McDonnell. You are hereby under arrest for...well, just about every felony and war crime known to man. Do not resist. We are authorized to use deadly force.”

“Well that's bloody great,” said the now-accented Mick as he slowly stood up, hands tightly gripping the tabletop. “'Cause so am I...and ye blokes made the mistake o' sendin' one man short o' the number necessary to carry out tha' order...”

The two men behind him moved in before he'd finished the sentence, but it didn't matter. The Infamous jerked the table to the right, causing Cynthia to scream in shock and fear. Ice Blue shoved her to the ground and raised his hand phaser as the table collided with the agent standing to D'ren right. D'ren's elbow shattered the nose of one of the men behind him while the other one tried to wrap his arms around him. D'ren stomped the man's toe and slammed the back of his head against his face before seizing him by the collar and tossing him at the attacker to the left of the table. Knowing he only had a moment to act, D'ren had to choose between rushing the man who had just snatched Cynthia by the hair, or attacking their leader.

Since rushing the man on the right also allowed him to dodge his phaser beam, The Infamous chose correctly. He nailed the brute in the side of his head with three good punches, wrenched the phaser from his hand, and turned it on Ice Blue. Both men fired simultaneously. Fortunately, D'ren was quick and intuitive, and seeing the angle and level of his opponent's hand, he knew where the beam would land. Unfortunately, his opponent was just as skilled. Both men dodged the two phaser beams, but D'ren did something that Ice Blue had not expected: he dropped the phaser. Ice Blue hesitated for only the briefest of moments before he realized why D'ren did it, but it was enough time for the warlord to act. He kicked the phaser at Ice Blue, dodged another agent's phaser blast, picked up a chair, and leaped over the table. D'ren came down upon Ice Blue's bald skull with the chair and then swung it at the enemy to his left.

Only one agent remained, but he surrendered. “Damn,” he gasped, “it's true.” He dropped his phaser.

Lying bloody on the deck, Ice Blue snarled at his “colleague”, “You imbecile! How did you ever get into Section 31!”

The Infamous didn't even stop to make a witty quip. He grabbed Cynthia by he hand and hauled her toward the door, decking a gold-shouldered security guard along the way.
    Krystal recoiled a bit at having fingers snapped in her face.
    "I had no intention of going anywhere without an idea of what's going on," she said.
    "Good." Thot Tran replied, irritated by Elihu. "I can realize that we Breen do look alike to outsiders, but you don't realize the details of the situation."

He turns to Krystal. "Captain, you know the Herald Sphere we were originally going on a mission for? We have reports suggesting it jumped out to the Andromeda Galaxy alongside the rest of The Alliance, but for some reason, that particular Herald Sphere jumped back into the Natara Expanse a week later. It's possible that they may already be beginning another invasion of the Milky Way. We'll need to investigate, and hopefully find the U.S.S. Molly before the Heralds do."

Thot Tran turns back to Elihu. "Also, you have no authority here. You don't give orders to Starfleet captains here. Understood?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal thought for a moment, taking a drink of her soda.

"Thot Tran, I'm not gonna go running off half cocked," she replied after setting her bottle down. "I'll check with Starfleet to verify this intel. I just... I can't shake the feeling that I might have been targeted for either recruitment or being killed for my ship the last time the subject that Sphere came up. I understand your concern, but when it comes to the Heralds things might not be as straight forward as they appear."

She took a bite of her food.
    "With everything that's happened... we're gonna have to be more careful about how we proceed."

Krystal then looked at Elihu.
    "And I think we need to talk."
    "Very well."

Thot Tran sharply turned and walked away, returning to his ship.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited June 2016
    “Come in Closer”

The Infamous – Starbase 39, airlock 4

“You cannot contact anyone,” The Infamous pleaded with Cynthia James. The young brunette was about to protest, but he said, “Not even your family. If Section 31 finds out you have connections with them, they will stop at nothing to sever those connections. Got me?”

Cynthia was confused and scared. She narrowed her eyes at The Infamous. “D'ren, what is going on? I don't have connections with those jerks!”

The Infamous' eyes widened. Of course she didn't know that her sister worked for an off-shoot organization of SFI that reported directly to Tuvok and Bradden, as well as the admiral in charge of SFI.

“Right,” he said, nodding slowly, giving the impression he was hiding something. “You're right, you don't, and you should totally forget what I just said.”

They heard people yelling and running their way, so Cynthia had no time to argue. The Infamous told her, “Get on the cargo ship! I'll draw them away and then we can meet up on the transport you booked a flight on to get here.”

Again, Cynthia narrowed her brown eyes at the man. He seemed to be speaking very strangely. “Yes,” she stammered, “y-yes, of course. Good idea.” She turned to the airlock door before looking back. She noticed The Infamous glance back down the corridor toward the loud voices as he took a few steps back. When he looked at her again, Cynthia said, “Be careful, D'ren. I love you.”

With complete solemnity, D'ren's anxious eyes softened and he inhaled deeply before emotionally whispering, “I love you too, Cyn.”

As the door closed behind Cynthia, The Infamous took off down the corridor just as three Section 31 operatives and four Starfleet security officers raced around the corner.

Nel Kestral – USS Molly, crew quarters

Nel Kestral was reading a novel on her personal PADD as she reclined on her bed, her back up against the headrest. She stopped reading and dropped it on the mattress beside her. She couldn't focus on it. Her conversation with the captain bothered her immensely. Basically, she'd half-made up a way to improve the short-range scanners and Captain Walker more than just agreed, she claimed to have already done it. That meant she was either a fraud or just trying to impress Kestral. Neither option bode well with the ops lieutenant.

Kestral had considered that maybe Walker just wanted to shut her up and send her away, but why? Perhaps Nel was not as experienced at ops as her current officers, but her knowledge of alien technology and strategic operations was gained through secret missions behind enemy lines and training that Starfleet Academy did not offer.

And even if Kestral was just a normal Starfleet officer – which she was not – she could still be useful, even if she was just repairing a garbage reclamation unit in the bowels of the ship. It seemed as if Walker just wanted her out of the way, and from what she had learned from Lieutenant Lang and the others, getting in the way by snooping around on a possible enemy starship could get her killed for no reason. So she decided, for the moment, to wait...and read.

She reached down and picked up her PADD to continue reading Milton's Paradise Lost.

Elihu glanced down to Jade. "I agree." He watched the Breen leave the food court, shaking his head slightly. He looked down, realizing his hand was lightly shaking.

“Admiral Quinn to Counselor Kidna,” Quinn's voice resonated from the Vorta's combadge. “I need you and M'Konel to report to my office immediately! You two were supposed to report to me as soon as you docked! It's been an hour since then!”

Kidna tapped her badge. “We'll be there momentarily, Sir.”

Ironically, Javan Eras was also called. “Nurse Beltram to Nurse Javan! We need every available medical personnel back on the Zephyra,immediately!

Being closer to the Bajoran than either Tina or Elihu, Kidna was the only one who could overhear that call and she cast Eras a look of irony and mild cynicism. He returned her look with a light, confused shrug.

Eras replied to the call, “I'll be there shortly, Beltram.”

Having noticed Eras tap his combadge, Elihu made eye-contact with the nurse, who started heading toward him with an apologetic look on his face. Elihu merely waved dismissively to him and Eras nodded. Eras turned and departed the food court without a word for the transporter room.

ARK – Earth Spacedock, main concourse

Ark, who could not have been older than 19 or 20, was heading toward Club 47 with two other civilian women, though it was a little evident that the other two did not notice her behind them.

Keeping Javan in her peripheral, Ark walked parallel with him until he turned off or the transporter room. Then she entered the club and sat down in a dark corner to watch the techo-dancers.

USS Zephyra, sickbay

Upon entering the sickbay aboard the Zephyra a few moments later, Ensign Javan stopped just inside the threshold and looked around at the ensuing chaos. He sighed, shaking his head. One of the Zephyra's other nurses, an ensign called Beltram, walked over to Javan and handed him a medical tricorder.

“Here,” said Beltram, “monitor these readings. If they fall below fifty percent, let me know immediately.”

Grudgingly accepting the tricorder and the job, Javan muttered, “Everything around here has to be so...immediate.”

As soon as he glanced down at the tricorder's display, he blinked and tapped Beltram's shoulder. “Um...does this count as 'below fifty percent'?”

The readings showed - 60%. “Oh,” Beltram gaped, “TRIBBLE.”

"I can spare some personnel from the Lexington if its serious," Krystal spoke up. "So much for that talk huh?"
    edited June 2016
    U.S.S. Molly, bridge

"Captain, I've actually managed to improve our sensors further than we had before. Turns out rearranging our power systems wasn't the only improvement we could make."

Captain Sarah glanced over to Jenn at the ops station. "Well, Kestral certainly tried to helpful, at the very least, although I think we're already a couple steps ahead of her. Give her time. She'll learn eventually."

Captain Sarah turned to Scott at the science station. "Anyway, find anything out there, like, at all?"

Scott replied "I'm fairly certain we're only deeper into the expanse, but there's a wormhole here regardless. Also, the nebulae are more sparse here, so sensors are back to their standard scanning capacity, just only within this apparent hole in the nebulae. Also, we're picking up a wormhole, which appears to lead to an alternate reality of some kind. I believe there's a battle between Heralds and... the other ship is coming through!"

The wormhole opened, and a Rhode Island Class U.S.S. Molly came through, badly damaged and only 7 of the crew left. They hailed our side's U.S.S. Molly.

"Captain... it's another U.S.S. Molly. A Rhode Island refit, badly damaged, and only 7 of the crew are still left. They're hailing us."

"Put them on screen."

The other U.S.S. Molly's captain appeared on the viewscreen. Sarah, who had stood up to give them a proper greeting, stepped back and sat back down at the shock and near confusion of the other Molly's captain's identity.

It was another Nat; a captain, some minor Borg implanting around his left eye. The bridge of his ship looked particularly in pieces, his side's 3 of 5 at the tactical station.​​
    Post edited by admiralnat on
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Elihu M'Konel - ESD, food court

Kidna headed over toward Elihu, about to inform him of Quinn's call. Noticing the Vorta's anxious expression, Elihu sighed.
    "I can spare some personnel from the Lexington if its serious," Krystal spoke up. "So much for that talk huh?"

Elihu looked back over to Jade. "I don't know yet, but I don't think the admiralty will mind too much if you join us in Quinn's office, Captain. And if they do, oh well. They sorta owe me anyway."

Twelve Minutes Later, Quinn's Office

Elihu M'Konel – Earth Spacedock, operations

Elihu was slouched in a chair in front of Admiral Quinn's desk. Behind the Trill leader, who was sitting in a much more dignified manner, was a female Vulcan security officer. To Quinn's left was Rear Admiral Tuvok, and to Quinn's right was Admiral Alexandria Chekov, grand-daughter of Pavel Chekov and officer in charge of Starfleet Intelligence.

A communications dampening field had been placed around the office. Only those within the room would be able to hear whatever was spoken therein. Even the unnamed Vulcan security guard was a member of SFI, and held the rank of Commander, as well as the necessary security clearance.

“So let me get this straight,” Elihu slurred through his fingers, which were over his lower face as his chin rested in his hand. “You never intended for me to locate the inventor of the devices. You want me to interrogate someone.”

A smile of disdain spread over her face. “I see now why Tuvok chose you to replace Singh and the Icarus,” she intoned with dreary sarcasm. “Your powers of deduction are nothing short of astonishing. Is that all you got out of a ten minute briefing?”

Elihu rolled his eyes and audibly groaned before he stood up. “Why me?”

Tuvok said, “In the history of the Federation, there has never been a Betazoid/Vulcan hybrid, Mister M'Konel. Your abilities have proven to be useful and accurate in the past.”

“Not accurate enough,” grumbled Elihu as he casually paced near the exit like a caged tiger.

Quinn said, “As I understand it, Betazoids and Vulcans are not compatible due to their telepathic natures. Every newborn dies a painful death within the first six weeks of childbirth, and yet you survived. You are special, Elihu.”

A mixture of emotions that Elihu struggled to control began to brew within him as he slowly turned to face the admirals. “This is...this is wrong,” he said shakily. “I had intended to have Lareth teach me how to put up a mental barrier to block my empathy –”

“That,” Admiral Chekov said, “would be unfortunate.”

“We need you,” said Quinn. “You're the only one who can get into his head. Hell, even Tuvok could not penetrate his mental barriers!”

Tuvok narrowly peered down at Quinn before blinking away the insecurity that only Elihu could feel. He said to Elihu, “We cannot order you to do it, Mister M'Konel. It must be your choice.”

“Like hell,” Chekov said. “He'll do it or we'll drop him on some colony in the Demiliterized Zone; let the Breen or the Cardassians find him.”

“And risk letting my power fall into their hands?” scoffed Elihu, lightly flinging the chair he had been sitting in at Quinn's desk. “I think not. You use me because if you didn't, someone else would.”

Quinn said, “We need any information the prisoner has, Elihu. I'm begging you. Try. Please.”

Tuvok slightly raised his head, observing Elihu with a nearly perked eyebrow. Doubt.

Elihu watched him back. “See? Tuvok does not even believe any of this. Not completely.”

Clearly surprised, Tuvok blinked rapidly and looked between Quinn and Chekov, feeling mild discomfort. “Any doubt I may have had has just been alleviated by your...impeccable intuition.”

“It's not just intuition, Tuvok. You of all people should know that.”

“Indeed,” answered Tuvok. “Which is why you should do this, if not for us, than for Nel Kestral.”

Elihu narrowed his eyes at the Vulcan admiral. He cleared his throat and nodded. “Alright, but Nel was with Lydia when everything went to hell on the Firestorm. By the way, why didn't you keep everyone here until an investigation could be...had?”

Admiral Chekov hid her anger well, but not well enough. As she replied, Elihu had to smile at her restraint. “M'Konel, you are assuming you know better than I how to deal with intelligence-gathering operations. Everyone involved with Admiral Nat and the Iconians are being investigated.”

Elihu nodded slowly, his smile widening, though it was hard to tell with his beard, so he let everyone feel his gladness. “Good. You did something right,” he said with sarcastic disdain that matched hers. “Nevermind then. I guess you won't mind if I threaten your mind, then? Because, mind you, if anything happens to any of my friends, again, you will spend the rest of your life trapped in a prison of your own mind.”

Quinn groaned, “You said 'mind' like three times.”

“Four, actually,” corrected Elihu.

U.S.S. Molly (from our universe), bridge

Captain Sarah sat staring at the viewscreen, not even sure if she was actually awake, or possibly dreaming all this.

"Captain... Nat? Could you explain what the--"

"Quick, fire on the wormhole with a high energy graviton pulse, now!" the other Molly's captain interrupted.

"But captain--" Sarah tried to question him.

"No time to explain. Just DO IT!"

Sarah, now thoroughly confused by the whole situation, saw the apparent alternate universe's U.S.S. Molly flying away from the wormhole, as an Elachi Monbosh Battleship started to emerge from the wormhole as well. Sarah turned to Scott.

"Do it."

Scott complied, and our universe's U.S.S. Molly fired the high energy graviton pulse at the wormhole; causing it to destabilize. The graviton forces generated by the wormhole pulled the Elachi vessel back in, and the wormhole was outright destroyed.

"Well in case you didn't recognize me, I'm Captain Sarah Walker of the U.S.S. Molly."

The other Molly's captain stopped for a moment. "Well, I guess our two universes are quite different. This is Captain Nat of our universe's U.S.S. Molly. I do believe we have a lot of explaining to do."

U.S.S. Firestorm D, main engineering, the seventh month of the Federation-Klingon War

The war, needless to say, wasn't going very well. However, Starfleet had designed a new warship, the Armitage Class, and sent them out on escort duties all across the Klingon war front. Nat and Sarah, both Lieutenant Commanders at the time, served on one such Armitage Class, the U.S.S. Firestorm D, as chief of tactical and engineering respectively. They had been sent to help a Federation escort group escorting some freighters near the Klingon border. The Klingons, naturally, attacked the freighters, and had already destroyed the Firestorm's support ships, incapacitated the Firestorm herself, and were stealing supplies from the freighters.

The Firestorm wasn't in very good shape. The captain, first officer, and the rest of the senior officers were all dead. The bridge had been completely destroyed, so Nat, who had been off the bridge to lead security forces in repelling a Klingon boarding party, went down to main engineering to set up a temporary bridge there. Nat and Sarah, as the only senior officers left on the ship, were left to decide their next course of action.

Nat turned to one of the consoles, which was displaying a view of the Klingon strike force raiding the freighters, one of the Bird of Preys turning to finish off the Firestorm. "I'm taking command of this ship," Nat stated, saying that "we'll have to fight these Klingons off ourselves. Target that Bird of Prey, and hit them with everything we have."

Nat stopped, looked at the engineering crew around him, none of whom knew how to operate a tactical console. He went to the makeshift tactical console and activated the Firestorm's weapons himself. They fired on the Bird of Prey, destroying it, then fired on the other 4 Klingon ships with a barrage of photon torpedoes, distracting and/or disabling them long enough for a Jupiter Class dreadnought to warp in and save the Firestorm, fighting off the Klingons.

After that, Starfleet, for one reason or another, decided to promote Nat to captain of the Firestorm, reassign some crew to the ship, then send them off on another escort mission along the Klingon border. That, of course, was only the beginning of the captain's seemingly heroic career that would end much differently than anyone could have expected.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,756 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Captain Terry - U.S.S. Kitana, Bridge

Terry entered the Bridge of the Vesta-class U.S.S. Kitana. The ship was in space, a hundred kilometers from Spacedock. His body had been aching in pain from a sickness he'd been keeping to himself, plus something he just ate at the Food Court wasn't agreeing with him. At least he was better than he had been all week.

"You don't look so good?" Han said taking notice of him.

Terry waved it off. "Just an ache from a bottle of green Scotch last night. Never drink with a pan-dimensional humanoid, as I do on occasions."

"Captain," the tactical officer continued, dropping the other thing, "The Zephyra has disappeared from sensors! It's as if they're no longer in the space-time continuum."

The human stroked his chin. "I think you could say that about anybody who isn't in the same room as you. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

"No, I mean, the ship was there and then it disappeared. We detected the same phasing phenomenon that the Undine ships procured when they were sent back into Fluidic space," the Ferengi finished.

Terry sat in his chair. "Except they went through a portal? Hm. Send our readings to Spacedock. In the meantime, I want you to hail the Falzon."

"But-- what about the Zephyra, sir?"

He nodded. "The Falzon, Lieutenant Commander." And after a few moments, the hail went out. "This is Captain Terry from the Kitana to Tran. I have to confess, I overheard you in the Food Court about the Molly. How can we help?"
    C.B.S. Falzon, bridge

The Breen ops officer of the Falzon turned to Thot Tran on the bridge.

"Sir, the U.S.S. Kitana is hailing us. What should we do? I mean, we're on our Breen ship with our Breen environment, so we don't need our refrigeration suits, but we never let outsiders see us without them--"

Thot Tran interrupted. "Put them on, audio only."

The officer complied, and they replied to the hail, only with audio.

"We need ships to support us to search the Natara expanse for the U.S.S. Molly before the probable Heralds in the expanse find them first. We were just about to depart for the expanse, and your assistance would be wonderful."

U.S.S. Molly (our universe), ready room

By now, the alternate universe's U.S.S. Molly had beamed over to our universe's U.S.S. Molly, while our U.S.S. Molly's crew was assisting their crew with the repairs to their U.S.S. Molly. Everyone was confused by the two identically named ships and crews, aside from the fact that only 6 members of the other U.S.S. Molly were still alive, not counting their captain, who our universe's Molly's crew recognized quite well. Our captain Sarah and their captain Nat were in our Sarah's ready room, discussing the differences between their universes and what to do from here.

"So let me get this straight, Nat. In your universe, some minor power conduit exploded on the Firestorm D close to you when you were taking command of the ship. I ended up taking command of the ship instead, and became the captain, rather than you. Everything from there basically happens like in our universe, except that we had switched places? That's literally all that's different?"

The alternate universe's Captain Nat looked over. "More or less. Sure, our encounter with that Borg Chel Grett didn't get me split into two individuals, and your descriptions of the events regarding the U.S.S. Philadelphia and the U.S.S. Lexington seem a little reversed from how I remember it, but essentially, yes. Aside from the obvious fact that our universe's Sarah decided not to retreat to the Andromeda Galaxy and maintained their invasion of the Milky Way, hence why I was so desperate for you to close that wormhole once and for all, so they couldn't invade your galaxy as well."

Sarah looked out the viewport at the void where the wormhole once was. "Why were even out in the expanse then?"

"We and basically every ship in the Federation, Klingon, and Romulan armadas were all out there to attack and hopefully destroy their Dyson Sphere before The Alliance could attack our home worlds. Evidently, the majority of the combined armada was destroyed, and we ourselves barely came out of the battle alive. In any case, I'd honestly have to say that there's no going back for us. You're stuck with us."

"All because some engineer was a little careless with one power conduit." Sarah sighed and turned back to the alternate universe's Captain Nat. "Needless to say, our universe's everyone would probably very well want you dead if they saw you. Still, we were out here to explore the expanse since The Alliance left it, but it appears that the Elachi are here in the expanse for some reason, so we'll have to be careful. Personally, I'd think we should finish the repairs to your ship before we try anything."

Captain Nat didn't even hesitate to say "agreed" as he stood up from the chair he was sitting in and walked over. "Not that we have enough of a crew to do this by the book, but have either of us really been like that?"

"Very much so" Sarah replied, to the au's Nat's surprise. "Oh" he replied, remembering that Sarah has always had a flare for procedure and the like. "Either way, we'll need to work quickly. We have the schematics to build Exocomps that would make the job easier. Could you afford the power to replicate them?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal hung back, feeling like the third wheel in this discussion with not one, but three Admirals. And it was pretty obvious she was feeling out of place.
    U.S.S. Molly and U.S.S. Molly, both in the Natara Expanse

The two U.S.S. Mollys headed out, and arrived at another system. With a blue hyper giant star orbited by a Class K planet and a Class J planet orbited by a Class L planet, the system was pretty useless to them. Out of nowhere, however, they were blasted to the side by a surprise gravimetric detonation; a clear sign of Heralds. The AU's U.S.S. Molly retreated behind the planet, ending up being out of view from the Class L planet, somehow preventing the detonations from hitting them. Our U.S.S. Molly didn't fare so well.

Another detonation hit them, and the ship's engines gave out as they ended up on a collision course for the Class L planet. They tried to repair the engines, but failed, and Sarah, on the bridge, was powerless to stop it. She turned and saw a beam fall on Kevin Mays, killing him, as she herself fell to the floor amidst screams about an in-progress warp core breach and a probably futile attempt to eject the warp core in question. Then, and only then, everything went black to the dear captain's eyes.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited June 2016
    “2 Heads...”

Elihu M'Konel – ESD, security office

Elihu, Jade, and Kidna were walking toward the security office. But Kidna took Jade by the arm, stopping her just outside the office as Elihu disappeared inside.

Standing directly in front of Jade, Kidna narrowed her eyes at the captain. “You know something. I can feel it...a burden. Something that could devastate Elihu if he finds out. He's already in a bad place, so he hasn't detected it yet. But eventually, Elihu will discover you're hiding something important from him, and I would not want to be you in that situation. After this interrogation, you should disappear. Go on that mission with the Falzon or something. Just do not hurt him any more than...” Kidna released Jade's bicep and rapidly blinked her blue eyes as she quickly glanced around. “Wow. Okay, I think maybe this is all a little more complicated than I initially thought.” She looked directly into Jade's eyes. “I almost envy the Vulcans.”

That was when Tina James ran over to them. “Kidna!” When she noticed her CO, Chief James nervously went to attention. “Captain. Good afternoon.” She stammered to Kidna, “Um, I – I just got a communique from my sister. Apparently The Infamous has been attacked and is missing. She – she somehow knew I worked for Starfleet Intelligence.”

“What?!” the Vorta snapped. “You idiot!”

“It wasn't me!” Tina whispered, looking around to make sure no one else was listening. She then said, “I think The Infamous – this D'ren guy – I think he told her on purpose.”

Kidna groaned. “He's manipulating us, I'm sure of it, Chief. This must be one of his long-cons. I wouldn't doubt if he set up the attack to make your sister believe he's the victim. Damn, he's a master.”

“But my sister's poor. Why would he scam her?”

“The Infamous does not care about money when he can take whatever he wants, Tina. He wants Elihu, the Philadelphia, me, you...everything, and everyone. His hunger for power knows no bounds.”

“What are we gonna do?” pleaded Tina.

Kidna asked Tina, “Where is your sister now?”

Tina told her, “She's on her way here now, on an Arcturan transport. She should be here in a little under 24 hours.”

Shaking her head with disbelief, Kidna said, “The Arcturans are one of the species he secretly rules. No doubt he is either trailing that transport in a cloaked vessel or hiding aboard the transport for some reason. After the interrogation, you two should go to Tuvok and Chekov and inform them of the situation with The Infamous.” The Vorta leveled her piercing blue gaze at the Trill captain. “Remember when I said you should disappear? Lang and Tina can help you do that. Make a request to Tuvok and Chekov to send you and the Lexington to intercept and board the Arcturan transport. The Infamous doesn't know you or your ship so he might just assume you're a typical patrol vessel. You do not have to worry about the Zipporah. If she was the ship he's using, he could destroy Earth from anywhere in the Alpha Quadrant. More than likely, he's alone on a smaller space craft. The Infamous enjoys the hunt. Having a crew help him takes some of the fun out of it. Anyway, get on the transport and get Cynthia James back to your ship and come back here. Please.” Kidna was well aware that she was several ranks beneath Captain Jade and that the commander of the Lexington could write her up for insubordination, but she was taking a chance that she cared more about helping people than following the chain-of-command to the letter.

Tina nodded, satisfied, though her nervousness remained. “Good.”

Elihu popped his head around the corner of the security office. “Are you guys coming? What's the holdup? Oh, hi Tina.”

They entered the security office and Elihu replaced the hood over his head. ESD's security chief led them over to one of the brigs that contained the Reman T'Kek.

Tina saw the Reman and backed away, frightened. Kidna crossed her arms over her chest, clearly apprehensive about his detainment.

Elihu and Kidna were the only two beings in the room even capable of keeping the Reman from reading their thoughts. Elihu only ordered Tina out of the room though. Elihu figured that if T'Kek went out of his way to try to mentally violate the chief of security or Captain Jade, it would give him an opportunity to get inside the Reman's head.

“Greetings, T'Kek,” said Elihu. “This afternoon we're going to talk about your good friend and boss, Fleet Admiral Nat.”

Nel Kestral - USS Molly shuttlecraft

As Captain Walker came to on a bed at the aft of a shuttle craft, thanks to the hypospray administered by Kestral, the relief ops officer looked down at her with sympathy and the expression of "I told you so." One of the Molly's relief bridge officers was piloting the shuttle. There was nobody else present on the shuttle.

Taking the co-pilot's seat, Nel told Captain Walker, "Before you ask, the other Molly fled the scene and I have no clue if the warp core breach was taken care of. We've hailed the nearest ship, an Arcturan transport, and the captain said he would pick us up and take us back to ESD, but it's nearly a day away at high warp."
    Post edited by the0infamous on