test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    U.S.S. Philadelphia, mess hall

Captain Walker looks slightly concerned, but decides not to worry about it. Captain Jim is seated across the table from Captain Walker, enjoying his meal. Evidently he has no worries as of yet.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Lydia M'Konel, U.S.S. Philadelphia, mess hall

Lieutenant M'arnon, the ship's new security chief, crossed his arms over his chest indignantly. "What is the meaning of this, Aazrus? This ship does not have room for a 'morale officer'."

"On the contrary," Lydia said, "I would think a ship that routinely breaks protocol and ignores the Prime Directive, to say nothing of the Temporal Prime Directive, would require a morale officer more than most other Starfleet ships."

Lieutenant Daniel Benson ate unhappily. He did not like the idea of giving up his position to this kitten. He could imagine it now: the Borg board the Philadelphia and M'arnon meows at them. He smirked at his own mental image.

"How are you feeling?" Kestral asked Kannor.

The trill engineer shrugged. "Not good."

It was at this time Kestral decided to ask Lydia about the pattern stored in the transporter buffer, but then decided against it. There were too many strangers here. And she was not sure she could trust any of them, not even her own family.

Aazrus asked, "How's the food?"

Lareth, the Vulcan security officer, answered, "It is adequate."

Lieutenant Sokal, the Vulcan man who replaced science officer Dolth said, "I have never before tasted such a cuisine."

Aazrus was unsure if that was a compliment or not, so he just rolled with it. "That's a Klingon dish from the twenty-first century. You cannot even get Antaran potatoes anymore."

Lydia sat there thinking about how in the world she was going to fix this mess. Suddenly, a voice came over her combadge: "Admiral Quinn to Sub-Commander M'Konel."

Post edited by the0infamous on

Captain Jim Dennison looks over at Lydia, then goes back to eating. No one can tell that he's keeping an ear on her to listen to what Admiral Quinn might have to say.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,756 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Captain Seifer - Earth Spacedock, Cargo Bay 12

Seifer manned a workbee from Earth and secretly approached Spacedock. He aligned his vessel with a cargo port and overrode safety protocols to attach. Sneaking his way inside Cargo Bay 12, he was suddenly confronted with a Starfleet security officer.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Reeve asked.

Seifer snapped back at the other man's sudden appearance. "Whoa! Oh, I'm breaking onto the Spacedock to get to the bottom of whatever is going on here. Communications went down."

"Well, they went back up a while ago, along with normal traffic," Reeve replied. "There was an Undine attack, but an unknown, uncleared, secret and powerful technology threw them all back into Fluidic Space. I'm sure it poses no risk to us." He then looked at the Captain. "Were you going to shoot me with that, sir?"

Captain Seifer quickly put his aimed phaser behind his back. "What? No, I was just, uh, taking this to get repaired somewhere. Carry on, soldier."

"Do you have clearance to be on base?"

Seifer waved it away. "Pfft! Clearance is for the weak. I'll be at Club 47 to investigate various things there."
    Post edited by hawku001x on
    edited May 2016
    Lydia M'Konel, U.S.S. Philadelphia, mess hall

"Go ahead, Admiral," replied the Sub-Commander.

Quinn inquired, "Who's in charge over there?"

"At the moment, Captain Dennison. He assumed command from the ECH. It's complicated."

"Well, uncomplicate it," snapped Quinn. "I want you and Dennison in my office immediately."

Lydia answered, "Aye, sir."

"Quinn out."

Lydia looked over to Captain Dennison, who was only a couple seats away from her. "I trust you heard that." She stood up and nodded to Kestral.

Kestral stood up and headed for the transporter room, followed by Lydia and, presumably, Dennison.

U.S.S. Firestorm, sickbay

The Undine was dazed in sickbay, but that did not matter. He had already taken the memories and personality of the Vorta Kidna into his mind. Still paralyzed, the Undine reached out with his mind to T'kek.

I've been attacked by the prisoners in sickbay. Come to sickbay to assist me against them, and I will tell you all about Elihu M'Konel and his plan to take over fluidic space. Do not come by way of the main corridor, come through a back way so as not to be intercepted by the prisoners, should they escape their fate by the MACOs.

Then he morphed into Kidna, but was still paralyzed.

Meanwhile, out in the corridor, the plasma grenade detonated against the force field behind the prisoners, weakening it, but not enough to escape. Lieutenant Lang had pushed Javan and James to the ground and thrown himself at the grenade, taking the brunt of the explosion. Thanks to his armor, he was partially protected, but he was still shaken up and mostly blinded.

By the time he and the others recovered from the explosion, they had been subdued by the MACOs, and not killed. Lang, Javan, and James dropped their weapons and surrendered.

0900, Federation Ship Standard Time

The Infamous, The T.I.S. Zipporah, bridge

The sound of Klingon Opera filled the bridge of the Zipporah. The cloaked ship's view screen was still filled by the small, sleek form of the Philadelphia. Work crews in EVA suits and work-bees repaired the damage to the hull. Arms folded across his mostly bare chest, The Infamous stood behind the pilot's console, which was being manned by Major Ro Laren in a gray Bajoran militia uniform.

Scars marked the human man's toned torso, which was only clothed by a black leather vest. His intense stare at the light cruiser was interrupted by his communications officer's report.

The Orion woman Gaila stated, “My Lord, we are being hailed by Admiral Quinn.”

The Infamous rolled his eyes, made a half-caring gesture to the screen, and turned his back on it to head to his chair. Quinn's face appeared on the screen behind him.

Quinn said, “Warlord! Franklin Drake has been arrested for conspiracy and treason! It looks like you're not going to get those codes after all.”

The Infamous sank into his recliner, half smiling, and completely not caring. He leaned back and shrugged. “I can conquer you without 'em; I just wanted to make it a mite easier on me-self.” He smirked.

“Perhaps,” Quinn exhaled in frustration, “we can come to an agreement. You cannot have the Federation. But Drake tells me you have Elihu M'Konel. If you turn him over to me, we might be able to strike a deal for...the Demiliterized Zone.”

This very much interested the Irish opportunist. He inclined forward a little, his smile widening. “Alright. Maybe. I'll have to see if Elihu can offer me something better.”

“Whatever you decide,” Quinn said, “do it fast and then beam directly to my office with your hostage.”

Sighing, The Infamous nodded. “We'll see.”

He nodded and Gaila deactivated the comms channel. “What are you planning, my Lord?”

The Infamous steepled his fingertips in front of him, narrowing his eyes in thought. “Drake must have told him I want more than just more territory; he knows I want the Phili and I think he'll give her to me.”

Just then, Kilana 2 and Fenna entered the bridge. “Sir,” the Vorta clone said, “Elihu wants to discuss terms with you.”

Fenna clarified, “He wants to offer you everything you want in exchange for the death of one man.”

The Infamous' grin widened. “Bring him to me.”

Captain Jim Dennison follows Lydia to the transporter room.

U.S.S. Firestorm, brig

The 3 prisoners, Lang, Javan, and James, were all in the brig, each placed in a separate cell. This time, however, the security measures were more impressive. 4 MACOs stood guard, 2 by the door, the other 2 at the opposite wall. The forcefields were a lot stronger, and all three prisoners were hanging from the walls by their arms, legs, and torso, restrained by restraints.

Patar walks in, with another pair of MACOs, walking up the Lang's cell.

"You know, the three of you are in a lot of trouble. Who wants to be... interrogated first?

The Cardassian smiles, almost wickedly, as he takes off his gloves... literally.

T'Kek walks into sickbay, in armor this time, helmet under his arm. He walks over to the Undine, recognizing that Kidna is supposed to be dead, and that it must be the Undine.

"Tell me everything you know."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited May 2016
    Captain Aeris - Earth Spacedock, Operations

Aeris slammed her palm through the transparent, hovering console to its computer projector, shutting down the hologaphic interface. She had been searching for the Firestorm for hours, using sensor data from available relay stations throughout the sector, but it was nowhere to be found.

"Any luck?" Reeve approached.

The Captain gritted her teeth. "Nothing. How does a Federation starship just disappear with a defecting Undine with no one at Operations knowing anything about why they did that? Clearly, that Undine was trying to get an important message to us, but, now we'll never get that message."

"Not to mention, the last medical report from the Firestorm indicated the defector was near-fatally poisoned by an unknown acid compound. It's unfortunate we couldn't get him to your ship's Sickbay."

Aeris turned from her dead console. "I just hope he doesn't die before divulging that intel." When she looked for Reeve, she suddenly found him standing to her left, as if he just popped there by magic.

"Captain, you disappeared and then reappeared, frozen for several minutes," reported Reeve as he scanned her with his tricorder.

The human did a visual scan of her own body. "What the hell? Is it those devices?"

"They're doing something to you. We'll have to run more tests."

Aeris groaned. "Damn. And I had plans to hit the Synthbar later." She acknowledge him, "I don't want to leave Operations at the moment. Have a medical officer do what they can with me while I'm here."

"According to Spacedock roster, Doctor Lox is avail--"

She interrupted him. "No! Never that guy. Never again. In fact, anything you can do to get him off Spacedock would help me immensely."

The Undine Vorta said, “I must remain in this form, allowing Starfleet to find me. I will inform them that you know nothing of importance regarding M'Konel or the Philadelphia; I will, however, claim to be the woman known as Kidna so that I can pass along her personality to another Vorta clone. I owe Elihu and Kidna that much. They helped me escape the first time, when the Undine discovered my defection to what you call 'normal space'... If you allow me this honor, than I freely tell you this: M'Konel is not the one you should worry about. He works for a powerful renegade Founder who seeks to dominate fluidic space. This is one of the reasons I sought asylum among the humans – to warn them of the Dominion's plans to take over my realm and then the Alpha Quadrant, followed closely by the rest of the galaxy. The rogue founder has an Undine faction working for her; the Undine faction leader is posing as a captain in the Breen military.” The Undine Vorta chuckled and continued in Kidna's voice, “It is said he retains his Undine facial appearance since he nearly always wears a Breen helmet. I can give you the location of the Founder and the Undine faction leader after I am given a warp-capable shuttle to leave this ship with the prisoners. Like I said, I owe them. Once gone, I will transmit the coordinates. You can recover your shuttle at Earth Spacedock.”

It was at that moment that two medics brought Ensign Dolth into sickbay. The Bolian-Klingon was unconscious and near death, having been shot nearly a dozen times.

The Undine Vorta sighed, “I believe you and your people have caused enough sorrow for one day, do not you?”

U.S.S. Firestorm, brig

Nobody answered Patar. Like before, they didn't really consider him worth answering. He was not the admiral, nor the intimidating Reman T'Kek. Javan especially considered the Cardassian meritless, as he barely raised his eyes to him, and only half-chuckled, before resting his head again.

They just hanged there, awaiting whatever happens.

Lydia M'Konel, Earth Spacedock, Operations

After Nel Kestral transported Lydia and Dennison to Earth spacedock, Lydia made her way to Quinn's office in Operations. When she noticed Aeris searching for the Firestorm, glitch in and out of existence, and then become agitated with Reeve, Lydia smirked. She hoped Aeris saw her; it would be difficult to miss a Romulan Sub-Commander on an Earth spacedock.

Lydia entered Quinn's office as he was dismissing a security officer. “Reporting as ordered,” Lydia said, only making half an effort to put on a professional posture.

Quinn looked at her and Dennison. “Captain,” he said, turning to Dennison, “the entire crew of the Philadelphia is relieved of duty pending an investigation into the events leading up to the Sub-Commander's taking command from Lieutenant M'Konel. Since they will all be here and the ship will be most likely be dry-docked in the near future, there is no need for you to remain either. You may relinquish the command codes to me and be on your way.”

Shocked and angry, Lydia shouted, “How dare you, sir! If it weren't for us, this spacedock would not even be here right now!”

Quinn let out a groan. “M'Konel, you have been given a lot of leeway since you were made honorary engineer and first officer of the Philadelphia, because of who your brother and father are. But I will not tolerate much more of your insubordination. Take some leave, get some rest, and let Starfleet Security handle your nephew, alright?”

“We both know that is not going to happen,” Lydia scoffed, removing the Starfleet combadge from her Romulan uniform. She slammed it onto Quinn's desk. “I resign.”

“You'll be back in a week,” Quinn predicted with an eye-roll. “You're dismissed.”

The Infamous Elihu M'Konel, T.I.S. Zipporah, the bridge

Elihu felt like he looked; his skull had been fractured, having been compressed so much by the device, and he had cranial hemorrhaging. Though he'd only been in the straight-jacket for a few hours, it had seemed like days to him. When Zyree released him on the bridge, he fell onto his face.

The Infamous laughed as Elihu spit out blood. “I imagine your mind is more damaged than your body,” he surmised as he stood up from his chair, drawing a dk'tagh. “And your soul more damaged than your mind...”

A swift kick to Elihu's ribs sent the scrawny man spinning three feet into the air and landing heavily on his back by the engineering station. Neela looked down at him with sympathy, but quickly averted her gaze, knowing his abilities.

Elihu did not even try to recover. He was just lying on his back on the cold dirty floor of the bridge, staring up at the dull red and green illumination in the ceiling.

The Infamous said, “I hear ya want someone dead. That's not just easy, that's me bloody hobby.” He shrugged. “It's like playin' a musical instrument...” The warlord danced around Elihu's body, moving his hands as though he were conducting an orchestra, which was not entirely spontaneous considering the Earth music that had just started playing on the bridge. “I love it! It's art! It's bloody art!”

He laughed wickedly and kicked Elihu in the face, breaking his jaw and nose with one steel-toed boot. Blood spurted from Elihu's face and onto the deck.

“Sir!” Fenna protested.

“You wanted him kept alive,” Major Ro reminded him.

The Infamous mused quietly to himself, “ 'Tis true, 'tis true.” To the moaning Elihu, he said, “You're in luck, mate! Drake's gone and Quinn wants you back. No idea why. I don't think you're worth the Demiliterized Zone. Bollocks, I don't think you're worth the Ennis moon...” Grinning, The Infamous glanced over his shoulder at his female Ennis bodyguard, Nima.

He then bent over and snatched the barely conscious Elihu up by his Starfleet uniform collar, putting the tip of his blade to his eye. “I was told you wanted to give me something?” He wrapped a strong hand around the Empath's throat. Anger.

Fenna said, “He can't speak, Master. Let him rest.”

Dropping Elihu, The Infamous spun around and screamed, “I don't care!

Fenna stepped back in fear, but this only made the man more upset. He stomped toward her and grabbed the psycho-projection by her pointed ear and slammed her against a bulkhead. She vanished in a purple light.

Becoming more enraged, The Infamous turned to take his violence out on someone who was real, Nima. But as he mercilessly stabbed her in the gut, he remembered through his madness that she would simply be resurrected by her nanos in a few minutes. His fury boiled until he saw red and began slashing at anyone nearby. Kilana 2 held her gushing throat as she collapsed.

The majority of the submissive bridge crew screamed and made a break for the exit, but this just put The Infamous into a more frenzied state. As he pinned Gaila to his leather recliner, ready to gouge her eyes out, Zyree, Ro Laren, and several of the other stronger women pulled him off her.

The ship's medical officer, a female Talaxian called Dexa, hurried into the room and pressed a hypospray against his neck. The Infamous continued to fight, albeit more sluggishly. Sakonna, the ship's Vulcan weapons smuggler, finally subdued him with a Vulcan neck pinch.

Neela was shaking; she was the only one who'd remained at her post, too afraid to move. Yet she was the one who had called the Talaxian doctor to the bridge.

Everyone was confused, uncertain why The Infamous went ballistic – everyone except Eris, who was kneeling by Elihu with her hand on his chest. The Vorta knew that he was the one who had manipulated The Infamous' emotions.

Sakonna figured this out too. She turned to Ro Laren, her former Marquis colleague. “The first officer must take charge until he recovers.”

“No,” Donatra said from the threshold of the entrance. Everyone turned to see the recently de-assimilated Romulan pointing a disruptor in their general direction. “The Infamous is unstable, turned against us by his own hostage. As first officer, I will assume command indefinitely. Throw him into the straight-jacket.”

edited May 2016
    Captain Oroku Seifer - Earth Spacedock, Shipyard

Seifer approached Commander Barnes, an older Benzite and Starfleet officer.

"A martini?" Barnes said, noticing the drink in the Captain's hands.

The Trill put his drink aside. "Oh; just came from the Synthbar. It's so strange they put that place on the same deck as all the important stuff. Well, convenience, I guess."

"If you're looking for your Prometheus-class U.S.S. Phoenix-X, I'm sorry to inform you that it's severely damaged and we're at a crossroads at if we can ever repair it."

Seifer dropped his arms. "How could this be? We have the best Engineers in the Federation!"

"Your vessel was hit by a Breen dissapator, twice! By you, no doubt," Barnes explained. "By the way, your Breen ship, the Darkseid is docked as well, though, that ship was already running like a garbage scowl's cargo."

The Captain nodded. "Well, it did traverse a blackhole to an alternate universe and back." He then looked to the side in realization. "This means I don't have a ship?"

"It's better this way. The Phoenix-X was an old vessel, even if it did help usher in transwarp technology. I'm sorry to report, but your crew is being reassigned as well."

Seifer wiped the sweat from his brow. "Oh, finally. They were the literal worst."

"Uh," Barnes just looked at him, in shock.

Recovering, Seifer finished, "The worst at being horrible! I mean, I'm going to miss them. Heh. Heh! Well, I have to go hijack the Phoe-- err, I mean, say goodbye to the Phoenix-X. Turns out the bottle smashing ceremony works both ways."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    The Lexington checks in before warping out for the Romulan Neutral Zone for survey duty.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

The Reman MACO replies in thought.

I know, and I would help you, but the shuttle bays are still swarming with MACOs. That said, I know of another way off the ship. You see...

He stops for a moment.

...they're trying to find us. Starfleet. Sarah's probably working with them. If we could get her out here... she could probably get the Firestorm's crew to turn against the admiral. Why? Well, let's just say she was part of the crew once... and between the death and the admiral being a traitor, I think that would be enough for her to persuade them.

The problem is getting out a transmission to them without being detected. Oh, of course. We have an emergency transmitter here in sickbay.

He goes over to a wall, opening a panel and preparing to send a brief, text and coordinate-only transmission to the U.S.S. Sally. 8 of 14 goes over to investigate, as T'Kek stops him.

"You and I both know there has been too much death for today. This needs to stop. At least look the other way long enough for me to send the transmission.

8 of 14 looks at T'Kek, looking kinda saddened. "Fine."

T'Kek sends the transmission. It reads:

"Captain Walker, these are the coordinates of the currently cloaked U.S.S. Firestorm. Intercept and board ASAP."

After that, it's just coordinates of the Firestorm's location. The ship, at the moment, is stationary so the engineers can run checks on the engines after the prisoners were running around.

U.S.S. Sally, bridge

The transmission arrives. The ops officer sees it, and beams down to ESD to meet up with Sarah, as she had gone back there from the Philadelphia.

Earth Spacedock, Operations

Captain Dennison looks at Admiral Quinn.

"Admiral, you do realize there is a reason Admiral Nat put me in command of the Philadelphia, right? It's for the reasons of ensuring whoever is on ship is competent enough to catch Elihu should he return. Your removing me from command of the ship completely undoes the purpose of such."

Captain Sarah runs into ops, completely ignoring security. "Admiral Nat!? What is it now--"
    She sees Captain Dennison, and glares at him. "It's you, huh? Mind explaining what you're up to now!?"

Captain Dennison turns to Sarah. "Captain, that's classified, and in case you haven't noticed, I don't answer to you. You may have been the admiral's first officer until that... incident with the transporter and your separation, but that was before. This is now."

He turns to Admiral Quinn, a stern look in his eye. "Allow me to retain command of the Philadelphia, even if the ship is only in spacedock for repairs. Believe me, you wouldn't like what could happen if you don't."

Captain Sarah looks closer at Dennison, her right hand down, ready to grab her phaser, just as the Sally hired her.

"Captain, we've got intel on the Firestorm's location, we--"

Dennison pulls out his phaser and shoots Sarah, directly at her combadge. The combadge is destroyed and the transmission is cut off, and Sarah injured. Dennison turns back to Admiral Quinn.

"I guess it's too late for that now, isn't it?" He quickly pulls an odd, blueish metallic sphere out of his pocket, pressing a few buttons on the metal extensions around the sphere. Suddenly, he vanishes into a puff of purple smoke. At that moment, it becomes undeniable:

The Iconians are involved. Somehow. Maybe T'Ket and her Heralds are working with Admiral Nat. Maybe the admiral just got his hands on an Iconian Gate and installed it somewhere, under he and his allies' control. As it is now, no one is certain of anything.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited May 2016
    Captain Aeris - Earth Spacedock, Admiral's Office

Aeris and Reeve bolted up the stairs to the level where Quinn's windowed office was. They barely caught what was last said and Captain Dennison disappearing in purple smoke. Aeris ran over to check on Captain Sarah.

"Damn! Where was security?" Aeris complained to mostly herself.

Reeve replied. "Light duty to compensate that Undine invasion. Your orders."

"Ah, that," she recalled. "Reeve, go to Ops, check on the U.S.S. Sally and scan the system for any signs of Iconian ships. Lock Spacedock down and screen everyone for Iconian technology."

As he left, Aeris was suddenly joined by a medic, who began running a dermal regenerator over Sarah. "Lieutenant Cetra. I'm also a science officer. Reeve assigned me to investigate your problem."

"Oh, thanks," Aeris replied in shock and appreciation for the timing. She then looked down to Sarah. "Are you alright?" Then to both Quinn and her, she added, "I'd like to join the hunt for the Firestorm. I don't know what they're up to, but I do know they stole that Undine defector from us. If there's a threat to the Federation, we have to stop it."

Quinn stood up. "Fine. Do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of this. But you'll need a plan to take on Firestorm and whoever they're with. Dismissed."
    edited May 2016
    “The Philadelphia Experiment”

Lydia M'Konel, Earth Spacedock, Operations

Lydia sighed. “Well. That wasn't at all TRIBBLE predictable...”

Quinn tapped a button on his desk, broadcasting his voice to all of Spacedock and every starship within range. “This is Admiral Quinn to all personnel! We are under Alert Condition Red! No vessel is to even move without my authorization! Nobody is to do anything without my direct approval! If anyone locates Admiral Nat or Captain Dennison, they are to be apprehended at once! If they resist, shoot to kill! They are traitors of the Federation, and indeed, the galaxy! Quinn out!”

“Sir...” Lydia started.

Interjecting, Quinn snapped, “M'Konel! I don't wanna hear it right now! I've got two renegades to deal with, including The Infamous himself! So unless you have something constructive –”

Lydia yelled, “The Philadelphia Experiment is in full effect!”

“I thought Starfleet Intelligence scrapped that project months ago.”

“The ship's command codes are in a constant state of flux, Admiral. Since the death of Ensign Roseblade, neither Lieutenant M'Konel nor myself have actually been in command of the ship.”

At that moment, Rear Admiral Tuvok entered the office flanked by two Section 31 operatives. “It is true, Admiral. Starfleet Intelligence has complete control of the Philadelphia, and whether he knows it or not, so does Elihu M'Konel...”

Six Days Later...

Lydia M'Konel, U.S.S. Philadelphia, Counselor's Office

“Alive?” asked Vaughn Vincent, astonished. “How? She was vaporized, wasn't she?”

Lydia shook her head sadly, putting her hands to her face. “She was transported into the ship's pattern buffer. I altered H'Rekthar's favorite phaser rifle to fire a transporter beam that appeared to be a phaser blast. I am an engineer. It's what I do.”

“Wow... But how...?"

"She was not aware of her existence until I activated her by rerouting her pattern through the ship's computer core and into the command sub-processors. Nel helped. The Philadelphia did not need a captain or first officer or even a pilot anymore.”

Vaughn looked around with fear. “Is she...?”

“No,” said Lydia. “She's...no longer on this ship. But she is still alive. And Elihu cannot find out. He would do anything to get her back.”

“I can't say I blame him,” said Vaughn. “So why did you do it?”

Lydia answered, “I was ordered to do it by Drake and Toreth, before they both betrayed us. See, the way I see it is Starfleet Intelligence wanted to merge human intelligence with the computer on a ship, but they could not figure out a way to do it without harming the human. Admiral Tuvok told me to forget about it, but Drake and Toreth, who were working for Tuvok at the time, didn't want to give up. They wanted it done, and they threatened my family, including Elihu, to persuade me to do it. And they wanted to keep the results of the experiment for themselves. Toreth betrayed Drake and the Fleet of the Cursed by reporting our position in the Badlands to the Tal'Shiar. The Tal'Shiar came after us to capture the Philadelphia and destroyed our fleet. Only the Philadelphia escaped, barely, with a stolen Romulan cloaking device. Toreth soon after took over the Tal'Shiar. But Elihu had a plan to locate the legendary Donatra. He believed that only she could sway the Romulan people, as well as the Remans, to join her cause against both Toreth's intelligence state and Sela's imperial government.”

“I see.” Vaughn eyed his PADD before he said, “None of that happened though. Sela is dead, yes, but Toreth is on the run and the Romulan Empire and Republic has been fractured into half a dozen factions, each vying for control over the 'Green Sectors'. So what now?”

Lydia shook her head. “I have no idea.”

Present

USS Firestorm, sickbay

The Undine spoke with Kidna's voice, “Pardon me if I do not have complete faith in your transmission. I believe I can utilize the Vorta's physiological and psychological power, in conjunction with my own telepathic ability, to send a message directly to Elihu M'Konel. I am not sure if he will be able to come himself, for the Vorta's memories show him in great physical and mental duress. We have no way of knowing when – or even if – he will arrive. But there must be a way to keep the prisoners and me safe from the admiral and others.”

Elihu M'Konel, T.I.S. Zipporah, what passes for a sickbay on a dreadnaught of death and agony

Dexa hummed to herself as she conducted medical diagnoses out of Elihu's line of sight. The four-part hybrid awoke from his deep slumber to find...no pain. He was so relieved, he almost started crying. Rapidly blinking the moisture away, he glanced around at the large medical room to find that it seemed to be primarily Romulan in design, combined with a great deal of Klingon, Federation, Cardassian, and several other alien architecture.

He cleared his throat to get the woman's attention as he slowly sat up.

“You're not supposed to be awake yet,” Dexa said with a bed-side smile. She scanned him with a tricorder.

When Elihu spoke, his voice was hoarse. “Help...friends...”

Dexa shook her head. “Donatra's nowhere near as vicious as The Infamous, but she is still in control of the ship and has no intention of leaving Earth Spacedock's vicinity. She wants the Philadelphia.”

“Tell me...” he rasped, “about...this ship...”

As she opened her mouth to answer, Donatra entered the infirmary flanked by Kilana and Sakonna. “She will do no such thing,” Donatra said. “Leave,” she ordered the Talaxian, who promptly obeyed.

When the Romulan approached, Elihu laughed at her and her comrades. “The pointy-eared club.”

Sakonna almost smiled.

Donatra said, “The Infamous will not disclose any information regarding the Philadelphia. Sakonna's mind melds do not work on him, and I assume they will not work on you either.”

Elihu nodded weakly, lying back down on the bed. “You assume correctly.”

“You offered The Infamous the Philadelphia in exchange for the death of one man.”

“You cannot give me what I want,” said Elihu, staring to the left at nothing in particular.

“Who do you wish to kill?” Kilana asked.

Elihu replied, “Tell me about the ship I'm on.”

Donatra sighed, and answered reluctantly, in a limited capacity. “The Infamous Ship Zipporah is a moon-sized dreadnaught comprised of the best starship technology from every major power in the galaxy. We could destroy Qo'Nos from here if we wanted to.”

After a brief moment's thought, Elihu sat up and leaned toward the Romulan officer. “Make me first officer, show me what this ship can do, and take me where I need to go. And I will give you what I promised The Infamous. I will give you the Federation, the Klingon Empire, Cardassia, the Romulan Republic, the Dominion's Gamma Quadrant, Undine fluidic space, the Delta Quadrant, and the Breen Confederation.”

“You cannot give what you do not have,” Donatra laughed.

“I know how to get it, but you have to trust me.”

Donatra eyed the man suspiciously before nodding slowly. “With one addition: the Philadelphia.”

Elihu groaned, rubbing the back of his neck. “Fine. But I want the warlord's armadas.”

“Do you really think we will need ten thousand ships to eliminate one individual?”

Elihu shrugged. “I dunno yet, but you will need them to keep resistance down once you take over the galaxy.”

Nodding, Donatra turned to depart the infirmary with her pointy-eared pals. She stopped and smirked over her shoulder at the careworn young man. “Oh, and please shower, change your uniform, and shave before reporting to duty on the bridge.”

Post edited by the0infamous on
    edited May 2016

Captain Sarah gets up. "I should be fine."

She looks at the empty space where Dennison vanished from, concerned.

"This makes less and less sense all the time. First, the admiral's just some well known admiral that basically won the Iconian War through time travel. Then rumors spread about him becoming a temporal agent. Then he's here giving out some mission against a Herald Sphere. Then Admiral Nat takes the Undine, and Elihu's supporters from the Philadelphia, and then vanishes into no where. Now, we learn the Iconians have been--

Oh no. He never intended on us actually attacking the sphere. It was a trap all along, wasn't it? He's seen the future. He knew that there was something special about Krystal, and that I was going to become a threat to him..."

In a moment, the lights went out entirely. Moments later, they flickered back on. The consoles all over the station were all locked out; an Iconian computer virus. While one can't do anything now to stop the virus from taking control of the station, it becomes evident that it's trying to access critical systems, with the potential to destroy ESD entirely.

And just when we thought it couldn't get any worse; a gateway opened in operations, opposite of Admiral Quinn's office. T'Ket emerges from the gateway. One couldn't help but notice that her previously damaged arm has been repaired, somehow. Almost shows signs of Federation technology, but that wouldn't make any sense, now would it?

T'Ket raises her hand, all the unnamed security in the room glowing blue and hovering in the air. They disintegrate entirely, and T'Ket looks Quinn in the eyes.

"Do not try to find us, or we will destroy you. You have been warned."

"NO!" Sarah shouted, not even thinking. "We're not just going to stand down to some threat, T'Ket! We will find you, and we'll make sure you never bring war to anyone else again!"

"You're so rebellious." T'Ket replied. "So willing to defy your superior. It's no wonder the admiral was so willing to betray you."

In another moment, T'Ket turned around and disappeared into the gateway as it closed behind her.

Sarah sits down in a nearby chair, shocked by this. Was the admiral working with the Iconians all along? The mission to the Herald Sphere really was a trap, wasn't it? What can we do now?

The U.S.S. Sally's tactical officer, Lieutenant Cameron, beamed down and walked over to Sarah. "Captain, what happened? We--" He sees her combadge was destroyed. "Oh. Well, we've got intel about the Firestorm's location. Should we--"

"Let's go find the damn ship then!" Sarah gets up. "Anyone else want to come with me?"

T'Kek looks at the Undine. "I really don't know if we can even do that. Don't worry though, I know the admiral needs to have some of you alive if he's going to get Elihu. With how few of you there are left, I think he's done killing people now."

U.S.S. Firestorm, bridge

The Firestorm's standing operations officer turns to Admiral Nat.

"Admiral, we just got a message from Captain Dennison from the Natara Dyson Sphere. Apparently our location has been discovered. Also, he said that he had to escape using an Iconian Gateway, and that T'Ket said she was going to visit Earth Spacedock to deliver a message, but I--"

"WHAT!?" the admiral shouted as he walked over to the ensign. "They've... that's all classified, ensign. Forget you ever saw this."

"But admiral, have been working with--"

The ensign's sentence ended abruptly as he was shot by the admiral, who's bent on ensuring no one found out about his allies that weren't supposed to know about them. "Damned ensigns looking around where they shouldn't." He turns to Sek, then to Burt and Scott, then sees another nameless ensign that can't know anything. He shoots her too. He then turns to Sek.

"Sek, I think the crew is starting to get out of line. If they... Sarah... come here for us, I'd hate to think of how many of the crew would be willing to act against us. Prepare our escape plan, and gather anyone you feel is completely loyal to me there. I've got some loose ends to tie up here."

Sek walked out to carry out the admiral's orders. The admiral went up to engineering console, and wiped the computers of any and all data regarding his suspicious allies, and the prisoners, the Undine, etc. He then walked out, headed for main engineering.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

USS Firestorm, sickbay

"T'Kek," Kidna said, "it's not just about surviving. If the admiral wants to take over the universe, that is his business. I honestly do not care." It was at this point the Reman would realize that the Vorta's consciousness had taken over the Undine. "My concern is for my friends alone. I do not know why he is so bent on finding Elihu M'Konel; all he did was plant some anti-Undine devices on spacedock and shoot his aunt --" Suddenly, her blue eyes went wide. "What if Elihu has access to anti-Iconinan devices? They would be on the Philadelphia." She closed her eyes, feeling for the admiral and his loyalists. "They are erasing everything in the computers and plan to leave the ship. It does not matter. We know all we need to know now. We should let them go and take the ship back to ESD. If the Phili does have anti-Iconian devices, then together the two ships may be powerful enough to defeat the Iconian alliance that the admiral has formed."

Lydia M'Konel, Earth spacedock, ops

"No!" barked Quinn. "My orders stand! Nobody is to leave until we get M'Konel back. If what Tuvok says is true, we will need his ship."

Tuvok nodded, perking a brow. "Captain Walker, I believe the admiral wishes for us to confront him so that he can have a reason to destroy us. It would be unwise to leave this vicinity. The spacedock has approximately three dozen Federation starships docked or surrounding it. Additionally, The Infamous is also here, presumably aboard a cloaked vessel. He would be a great ally in this conflict if we could locate and convince him."

Lydia scoffed, "Good luck with that, Admiral. That Irish TRIBBLE only cares about himself, and giving himself as much power as possible."

The Vulcan gave the Romulan a knowing, ironic look. "Exactly true, Sub-Commander."

"You... you don't understand. The admiral... he's seen the future. He knows exactly what we plan to do. I seriously doubt he would--" T'Kek suddenly realizes something. "He would know leaving the ship would be a waste of resources, and that we would take the ship for ourselves. Somebody is going to take the ship over, and the admiral doesn't want to be around when that happens."

He thinks for a moment. Suddenly, a look of fear comes to him, as he tells the Undine "he would know if we ended up trying to use anti-Iconian devices against him! He would find a way to take those devices to prevent us from using them. We need to alert Earth Spacedock now!"

Captain Walker looks to Admiral Quinn. "Admiral, we don't have time for this. The Firestorm could relocate at any time! If they do, any intel on their location will be worthless!"

She waits for a moment, turning to Lieutenant Cameron. "We have to--"

Suddenly, Sarah sees the U.S.S. Philadelphia departing from Earth Spacedock on low impulse.

"Admiral, the Philadelphia! It's leaving! Who the hell is flying that thing?"

An officer reports "no one, captain. It's fully automated."

Sarah looks over to them. "An Iconian computer virus, perhaps?"

In the distance, an Iconian gateway opens. A squadron of Quas Cruisers emerge. All but one of them distract the surrounding ships while the one locks a tractor beam on the Philadelphia and disappears with her into the gateway, the other cruisers following them inside and the gateway closing behind them.

Sarah turns to Admiral Quinn. "Admiral, in case you haven't noticed, the Iconians just stole the Philadelphia. I told you, the admiral knows about the future! He knows there's something important about that ship! We need to capture him!"

Lieutenant Cameron taps his combadge. "Sally, two to beam up. Set course for the Firestorm's coordinates, maximum speed."

They disappear as they are beamed to the U.S.S. Sally, who leaves the system and warps out, shrugging off any attempts to stop them from getting away.

U.S.S. Firestorm, Shortly after the Borg Invasion of Defera had begun, sometime last year

The ship was more powerful than they thought. The Borg assimilated Breen Chel Grett cruiser, despite everything, managed to defeat them. The squadron of Sao Paulo class escorts supporting the Firestorm were all destroyed, the Firestorm weakened. The now Borg vessel had already assimilated an entire Federation colony, and had managed to assimilate the Firestorm's chief engineer and first officer, Commander Sarah Walker, now no more than 11 of 14.

This time attacking the vessel was different, however. Breen, without blood, proved virtually unassimilate-able using the usual nano-probes, and thus the Borg had to actually capture and restrain each and every Breen, assimilating them the old fashioned way. Two of the Breen, Sek and Gydl, had managed to remain unassimilated, and were hiding in a particularly unused part of the ship, and thus went unnoticed. They had managed to contact the Firestorm, albeit briefly, sending the simple message:

"Systems go down 2800, Breen military time."

The vice admiral commanding the Firestorm, Nat, found it confusing as to how 2800 Breen time converted to 447 standard military time, but he didn't care. He and his crew had discovered that 11 of 14 had become the "lead drone", as it were, coordinating all the Borg activity throughout the ship, and that they could confuse the Borg momentarily enough to disable the ship permanently if they could get 11 of 14 off the ship and disable her.

They were trying to do that now. Despite the Firestorm's transporters, 11 of 14 was proving very resistant, and thus difficult to beam aboard. The transporter officer called up to the Vice Admiral. "Admiral, we're having a lot of trouble beaming Sarah aboard. She's...

...splitting the transporter signature in two? Admiral, we can't beam her aboard like this! It could kill her!"

"Do it anyway!" the Vice Admiral replied. Sure, the Borg had already beamed over a medical drone and two tactical drones, and Sek and Gydl, nearly cornered by the Borg, beamed over to the Firestorm themselves, all during their time trying to beam Sarah over, but Sarah, or rather 11 of 14, had to be removed from the Borg ship once and for all, else the Borg would adapt and the Firestorm likely destroyed.

The transporter officer complied. The assimilated engineer and first officer beamed over, but not like they expected. The transporter signature had indeed split them in two. The human half, Sarah, fell to the floor, the Borg half, 11 of 14, immediately attacking the security in the transporter room, being disabled by them.

The Firestorm's doctor and medical staff all dead when sickbay was destroyed in an "explosion", one wold think there was no one to treat the injured (now liberated) Borg and others. Luckily for the them, when the medical drone, 8 of 14, came to, he didn't put up any fight, instead doing what he's always done best; treating injured people.

Sure, the Borgified vessel ended up escaping, but the crew would never be the same. Sarah, having lost all her engineering skills to the Borg half of her, opted to finally accept a command of her own, the U.S.S. Sally. 11 of 14 and the other Borg proved resistant, but eventually agreed to help the Firestorm's crew prevent more Borg assimilation, joining the crew. The Firestorm's tactical officer, Jim Dennison, became the first officer, Sek taking his place as tactical and security officer.

U.S.S. Firestorm, the bridge, today

The admiral sat in his captain's chair on the bridge, looking at the broken viewscreen. He thought to himself.

I know you're coming. I know you're going to take over the ship, but I'll give you one hell of a fight before you succeed.

And with that, he decided to call down to Sek to check on his progress. "Sek, you almost done down there?"

"Admiral, I've got the gateway online and have anyone I'm certain is loyal to you down here, but that only adds up to 23 of us, not counting you, Burt, or Scott."

"Understood. I'll be there shortly." The admiral turns to Burt and Scott on the bridge. "You know what you must do. You know how the outcome will end with the Sally, and you'll follow through with it, right?"

"But admiral, the entire ship--"

"Just do it! I don't care if it's a ship of hundreds, even over a thousand crew. You and I both know we can't change the future like that!"

"Yes, admiral." Scott replied, taking the captain's chair as the admiral walked out, headed to "the gateway".

U.S.S. Lexington, out wherever on their survey mission

No one saw it coming. The survey mission was going as planned, until a gateway opened, and the U.S.S. Philadelphia emerged. Scans would show that the ship had be stripped down, presumably by the Iconians, although much closer scans on ship reveal traces of Tholian EVA suits having been walking on the floor.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Report," Krystal ordered after coming out of her ready room.
    "Its... the Philidelphia sir," an officer reported. "She just came out of an Iconian Gate..."

Krystal narrowed her eyes.
    "Lifesigns?" she asked.
    "Indeterminate."
    "Contact Starfleet Command, advise them of our situation and request instructions. In the meantime, lets secure that ship. Lock a tractor beam and prepare a full security team. I'm going over there."

A brunette Trill intercepted Krystal at the turbolift.
    "Sure that's a good idea Krys?" she asked.
    "I'm not sure of anything right now Amelei. Wanna tag along? Might need your hacking skills."
    "Got nothing better to do. Why were we doing a survey of this area anyways?"
    "I'll tell you on the way. Lets go get Kayla and Dee. Tala, you have the Conn."

With that, both women entered the turbolift.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Indeed, as the Iconians/possible Tholians were very thorough, there are no lifesigns on the Philadelphia. If there were before, they've been captured and are probably held hostage somewhere.

U.S.S. Sally, intercepting the U.S.S. Firestorm

Captain Sarah looked at the apparent empty space on the viewscreen, as they neared the Firestorm's location.

"Are you sure the Firestorm is here, lieutenant?" Sarah asked to the ops officer. "According to the transmission we received, they should be here. They--"

The officer was interrupted as the Firestorm decloaked and hit the Sally with a volley of quantum torpedoes before they could raise shields. The Sally's warp core takes significant damage, and is about to breach. The Firestorm, despite it's obviously empowered position, doesn't raise shields.

"Transporter room, beam me and Cameron to the Firestorm, quickly!" the captain instructed via new combadge, not even thinking. They were beamed to the Firestorm just as she blasted the Sally with more torpedo fire.

She turns to Cameron. "Ok, so I wasn't really thinking, but hey, we're on the ship now. We can probably rally the crew and--"

The comms sent out "return to yellow alert. All crew and officers, return to yellow alert."

Sarah questioned this, wondering why the Firestorm would revert to yellow alert, but then looked out a window...

...and saw the U.S.S. Sally explode. The entire crew, Sarah and Cameron aside, went down with the ship.

"No..." she fell down to the floor, practically in tears. "Why did we have to come here now? We could've listened to the admirals on ESD, but no, we had to catch the Firestorm and capture Admiral Nat! I'm so stupid, I just..."

"We can still capture the admiral" Cameron said, interrupting Sarah. "Most of the Firestorm's crew knows you, and they'll be most willing to betray the admiral now more than ever. We have to go."

Sarah got up and they walked through the ship, recruiting nameless crew members along the way, until they encountered Commander Burt, standing guard in the middle of the hallway, in full Omega gear, minus the helmet.

"I'm sorry captain, but your efforts to take over the ship are... wait... you've already been getting the crew to help you? How did you manage that?"

"Burt, you have to agree that the admiral is a traitor, and that he has caused too much death to be allowed to get away. We won't let him escape."

"Sarah, it's already too late. As we speak, the admiral and his loyalists are escaping through an Iconian Gateway in main--"

Cameron shoots Burt, his weapon set to stun. "We have to get to main engineering, now!"

They rushed down, recruiting a few more of the crew along the way. Scott, still on the Firestorm's bridge, did nothing to try to stop them. In fact, he was actually helping them, directing a half dozen Omega Operatives in the wrong direction. The other operatives were all loyal to Admiral Nat, and were with him, guarding the gateway as Sarah and crew walked into main engineering. 11 of 14 ordered the 8 Omega Operatives there to hold their fire, looking at Sarah.

"Get off my ship, ever so loved human counterpart, you. Get off before I kill you!"

Sarah instructed her newfound supports to hold their fire as well. By now, the admiral and his other supports had all escaped via the gateway to somewhere, but since they presumed The Alliance would've moved the Natara Dyson Sphere to another location, they set the gate's destination to a little known, remote, abandoned Cardassian station, hoping to find a ship there.

Sarah walked towards 11 of 14, determined that she could convince her to give up on the admiral's plan and join their side.

"11 of 14... Sarah, why couldn't you--"

11 of 14 practically grabs Sarah, somewhat angrily. "Never call me that. I am 11 of 14, not you, nor will I ever be you. Give up on me before your trying to "save me" gets you killed." With that, she tossed Sarah aside, who was caught by some of the crew as 11 of 14 walked through the gateway, closing the gate and setting off an explosion that destroyed the gate, and it's controls entirely.

"You... I... what..." Sarah took a moment to realize what happened, turning to the crew. "I guess the admiral's gone now, right? If his loyalists all went with him, the bridge is probably clear to take over."

She was right. Almost. Lieutenant Commander Scott, the Firestorm's chief science officer, was still in command of the bridge. He turns around, looking at Sarah.

"You can have the ship. I'm tired of all the death here, but there's one last problem. Patar... didn't leave with them. He was too sure he could get the prisoners to tell him what he wanted to know, and his desperation to win practically took him over, so the admiral left him behind."

He pressed a few buttons at the nearby console, remotely instructing the MACOs in the brig to lower the forcefields and let the prisoners go. They complied.

U.S.S. Firestorm, brig

The MACOs lowered the forcefields, and free the prisoners. Knowing they'll probably want to kill Patar, and that Patar will probably die soon enough anyway, they walk out, leaving Patar to his fate.

Cardassian Deep Space Station, Empok Nor

It had been quite a long time since anyone had been to the station. It was dusty, and was mostly empty, except for some emergency supplies that the Cardassians had left behind when they were leaving, and for some reason, a single Cardassian Rasilak Class Destroyer, docked with the station.

An Iconian gateway opens, Admiral Nat and his loyalists walking onto the station, as the gateway closes behind them just as 11 of 14 walks through. The admiral turns to them.

"We have to find a way out of here. We, oh wait, there's a Cardassian Destroyer docked out there. Get any supplies, weapons, etc. we might find useful, and load them onto the ship. We better get underway before somebody figures out we came here."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Several teams from the Lexington beam aboard the Philidelphia, armed too the teeth. They weren't taking any chances. Krystal's team, consisting of herself, her Chief Science Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Engineer, and several security officers beamed directly to the Philidelphia's bridge.

"Amelei. Dee. See what you can get from the main computer," Krystal said. The brunette Trill and a Brunette Human went to work.

"Why does this feel like a ghost ship?" Krystal asked herself as she went over to the helm to try and bring up some data herself.
    The computers had been wiped by the Iconians; they too didn't take any chances, aside from returning the ship for unknown reasons.

Empok Nor

Searching through the station proved valueable. Sure, the only ship was a mere Nova Class Cardassian Destroyer, but the station had quite a few supplies. Food. Personal gear. Weapons. Thanks to the Jem'Hadar that were here with the True War Cardassians long before, even a stash of Ketracel White that would last the admiral's three Jem'Hadar loyalists, Varat'etan, Molita'itan, and Evet'oran for at least a month. The admiral's Vorta supporter, Salora, who was also the Jem'Hadar's Vorta overseer, sets it aside, filling their usual Vorta role.

Further from the station, a pair of Federation Saber Class escorts, the U.S.S. Toronto and the U.S.S. Ottawa, warped in. They were patrolling the area, periodically checking to make sure the True Way didn't come back to the station, and would reach the station itself in 3 hours. The admiral saw them on the stations sensors, and said aloud on the comm systems in the station, alerting his loyalists.

"I just picked up a pair of Saber Class escorts patrolling the system. You've got 2 and a half hours before we leave. Gather anything of value and load it onto the Rasilak Destroyer. 11 of 14, take 4 of 7, Alex, Noskene, and Katat, and get the ship up and running, maybe upgrade it if you can." A sense of urgency filled the loyalists on the station.

The admiral, too, was a little anxious. Chances were, The Alliance relocated their base, the Natara Dyson Sphere, to a randomly selected location, so they wouldn't be able to find it. Their own destination was semi-random, so their allies wouldn't be able to find them either. They were on their own, and had to make sure they weren't caught by the Federation. Luckily, since SI's search for Gul Kentar has probably been thrown off by The Alliance relocating their base, so the entire search for them, and Elihu, is now pretty unnecessary. Their problem now is never letting the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic get as little as a hint of their existence.

The admiral decided they would have to go into hiding and take random jobs from pirates and Ferengi and who knows what, acting as mercenaries for hire so no one takes notice of them. He names the Cardassian Destroyer the C.U.V. Natulak, so that no one could identify the vessel as a stolen Cardassian ship, assuming anyone would notice them at all.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited May 2016
    Captain Oroku Seifer - Earth Spacedock, Shipyard Docking Port 25, Corridor

Through the windows peering into the internal shipyard of Spacedock, Seifer could see the damaged U.S.S. Phoenix-X. Workbees and suited engineers were performing repairs all over the outer hull, but the Captain knew its operation was in far less condition.

"If you're wondering whether it'll fly again, the answer is maybe," came the nearby comment of a female Engineer. "Lieutenant Winry," she introduced herself. "I'm on the team assisting with the Phoenix-X's mothballing."

Seifer dropped his shoulders in disappointment. "Damn. Any chance I can take it out for one last spin? Maybe pit it against a few Na'Khul?"

"If we weren't on lockdown, you probably could, and the ship isn't going to be completely decomissioned, but I wouldn't recommend it. The underlying charge from the Breen dissipator is embedded into its systems. Overuse of the ship could destroy it."

The Captain leaned against the window. "She was a good ship, with a good crew. I'll keep her in drydock for as long as Starfleet will let me."

"They'll want to keep it as a test subject for sustaining Breen weaponry. That, and several Academy Engineering courses will want to field trip it as a 'how not to run a ship' lesson. Did I mention, the Corps Engineers were sending pictures of your ship to each other on their lunch break? Anyway, think you'll get another one?"

Seifer sighed. "Plenty of letters left in the alphabet."

"Uh, not really. If the Phoenix is at X, there are only two."

He turned to address her. "Oh, good point. Well, they ran through like twenty four Phoenix-named ships in a short time, in a desperate attempt at perfecting transwarp technology. Anyhow, would you mind smashing this bottle of Chateau Picard on its hull for me?"

"I don't think you do that for mothballing."

Seifer looked at the bottle, before taking it with him. "Yeah, never mind. I'll drink it later."
    Empok Nor - Saber ETA: 21 Minutes

The C.U.V. Natulak was now loaded full of various supplies and things from the station, and had been prepared for launch. The ship itself wasn't too impressive, but 11 of 14 was sure she could improve the ship's capabilities drastically. One of the admiral's so called loyalists, a Nausicaan called Karegon, who really just came along because he didn't want the Federation to discover his somewhat illegal contacts, assured the admiral that he had "a source" that had all sorts of technology that would make improving the Natulak a lot easier. A load of Exocomps, 10 for engineering and 10 for pretty much anything, a few disruptor induction coils to drastically increase the ship's Spiral-Wave Disruptors' damage output, a Hyper Impulse Drive, and of all things, a full, destroyer scale Metaphasic Shield array. He wouldn't tell the admiral what this source was, aside from the fact that they're definitely not Starfleet approved, but the admiral didn't care at this point. He just needed a ship that could remain unnoticed and yet be able to fight off anyone that might try to capture them, assuming they managed to find them.

U.S.S. Firestorm, near the brig

The ship, despite the admiral leaving and Sarah taking over, was not calm at all. Many of the crew were actually pretty loyal to the admiral, and were determined to make sure that the "traitors" didn't control the ship. The rest of the crew tried to stop them from taking over, and the ship broke out into a civil war. Sarah, Cameron, the crew they recruited, and the MACOs on the one side, with the rest of the crew and the last 7 Omega Operatives on the other side. No one was safe.

A pair of the Omegas were headed for the brig to recapture the now free prisoners, but as they rounded a corner, headed for the brig, they were blasted away by a massive Herald Antiproton beam. A Herald Harbinger of T'Ket then went around that same corner, headed for the brig themselves. Evidently, The Alliance decided anyone knowing that T'Ket and her Heralds being involved with the admiral must die, and sent out Heralds to the Firestorm to do just that.

Empok Nor - Saber ETA: 3 Minutes

Without taking a moment to wait, the C.U.V. Natulak departed from Empok Nor, headed beyond the known Cardassian Space into the Risa Sector, dodging Federation patrols throughout as they headed into the Briar Patch, where Karegon claimed his source had their base.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Any word from Starfleet?" Krystal asked as she slumped down in the Captain's Chair of the Philidelphia.
    "Nothing yet," Amelei reported. "I don't get it... its almost like someone had this ship for weeks and... we saw her at Sol more recently than that. The Computer's been wiped clean. The only evidence of what happened are indications of Tholian EV suits. Other than that... its like someone just dunked this ship in bleach. She is literally a clean slate."
    "So why bring her out here to us?" Krystal replied. "What are we missing?"
    C.U.V. Natulak, bridge

Admiral Nat, now wearing some evidently comfortable civilian clothes, sits in the captain's chair on the bridge. The crew seems to be doing fairly well with the ship, and 11 of 14 managed to increase the ship's efficiency drastically, boosting the ship's stats across the board. The admiral, however, was sure that wouldn't be enough. Hence why they were now in the Briar Patch, expertly maneuvering around the clustered metreon gas clouds that could easily tear their ship to pieces. They detected a Ferengi ship, the S.S. Lucky 7, which Karegon claimed to be their source. They hailed the Lucky 7, the Ferengi captain, Tomok, appearing on the viewscreen.

"Hello! This is Tomok of the S.S. Lucky 7! We have all kinds for unique merchandise that might interesting you... for the right price!"

The admiral turned to Karegon on the bridge, who nodded to him. He then turned to the Ferengi on the viewscreen.

"So I hear you have some very unique technologies and equipment we could use. Exocomps, Disruptor Induction Coils, Hyper Impulse Drives, and even a destroyer-scale Metaphasic Shield Array. We want them all. What kind of price would you have in mind?"

The admiral, of course, didn't have enough money. Heck, he didn't have any money at all. But the Ferengi had another offer in mind...

"I have a job needing somebody like you. Do the job right, and I'll pay you. In those things you wanted, of course."

The admiral seems a little puzzled. "You're too honest for a Ferengi. What's the catch?"

"The catch?" the Ferengi said with a smile. "You're going to loooove the job I have in mind for you!"

U.S.S. Lexington, nearby

As the Lexington's crew worked away on the Philadelphia, everything in space was pretty calm. The calm, of course, didn't last as a gateway opened nearby, and an Iconian Quas Cruiser emerged, weapons charged and targeting the Philadelphia's bridge; almost precisely at Krystal Jade herself.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

The USS Lexington gets between the Quas and the Philidelphia, unleashing a devastating broadside.
    edited May 2016
    U.S.S. Lexington, the battle with the Quas Cruiser

The Quas Cruiser takes the fire, their shields weakening, while returning fire with a fury of Herald Antiproton Beams and Transphasic torpedoes. Soon enough, an energy gateway opens nearby, regenerating the Quas' shields.

C.U.V. Natulak, escorting a freighter smuggling contraband across the Klingon border

I knew the mission was going to be serious the admiral thought to himself. The Klingons better not see us coming.

Just then, a Klingon Bird of Prey decloaked, requesting identification. Tomok's orders were clear on this however, and the ship was to be destroyed immediately. The C.U.V. Natulak thus opened fire on the Bird of Prey, and after a bit of a fight, destroyed it. Eventually, the Natulak and the freighter arrived at an Orion Syndicate station, where the Lucky 7 was already waiting for them, hailing them.

"Good work, C.U.V. Natulak! I've already transported your Hyper Impulse Drive and Disruptor Induction Coils to the station, so you can get them, and I'll be leaving--"

The admiral had the Natulak lock the Lucky 7 into a tractor beam, locking weapons on them, while beaming over the Hyper Impulse Drive and Disruptor Induction Coils from the station.

"Don't forget about that Metaphasic Shield Array you promised us! Oh, and the Exocomps too. You will follow through with the contract, right?"

The Lucky 7 cut off the transmission, firing a phaser at the Natulak to break the tractor beam, and another shot to disable their engines. The Natulak returns fire with a tachyon beam to destabilize their shields, firing into the newly made hole with several Spiral-Wave Disruptor beams, disabling the Lucky 7's weapons, engines, and shields, all in a single volley.

"It's not your choice, you little traitor!" The admiral turns to 1 of 6, the Natulak's chief operations officer. "Beam the Exocomps and Metaphasic Shield Array aboard."

They comply, beaming the items in question aboard, 11 of 14 manages to quickly bring the Natulak's engines back online, the vessel escaping the system with everything they had been previously promised, without even waiting for Tomok to respond.

"Well, that was easy enough." He taps his combadge. "11 of 14, we've got that new equipment we were promised. You mind putting it all to use?"

"Not at all, admiral" she replied, as her and the engineering crew got to work doing so, bringing the Exocomps online and getting them to help with the repairs, so they could focus on getting the Disruptor Induction Coils, Hyper Impulse Drive, and Metaphasic Shield Array all installed and working aboard the C.U.V. Natulak.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

The Lexington counters by destroying the energy gateway then swooping passed the Quas, dumping Warp Plasma and a set of Nukara Web Mines before swinging around for a Torpedo Spread.
    The battle with the U.S.S. Lexington

The Quas Cruiser tries to escape the warp plasma, but fails, being hit with the Nukara Mines. Despite the Lexington's obvious attempts to distract them from their true target, the Quas targets the Philadelphia again, determined to destroy the vessel (with Krystal and the crew still on board) before the Lexington destroys the Quas.

C.U.V. Natulak, bridge

11 of 14 and the engineers succeeded, installing the various new equipment without any problems. Of course, these weren't the only changes they had made to the ship thus far, considering their improving the efficiency and altering a couple of quarters for their 2 Breen crew members, Sek and Gydl, and their only Tholian, Noskene.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

The Lexington again gets between the Quas and the Philidelphia and unleashes another devastating broadside and continues to fire until the enemy ship is destroyed.
    The battle

The Quas Cruiser explodes. For the moment, no new ships appear to replace the vessel.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.