test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,756 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Ten Forward
Hi guys! I got a request to start a serious RP thread, so here it is. That last one got out of control, lol. So I guess we can keep the craziness over there. I'll add my first post here as soon as I can, but in the meantime feel free to start. (cc @the0infamous )

RP/fic any of your Fed/Rom Captains at Earth Spacedock:

800px-Earth_Spacedock_Main_Concourse.png?version=74e03354dfc821f81f89a5b1badc109d

Rules/tips:
  • No NSFW stuff.
  • Don't take over other people's RP characters (unless they're okay with it).
  • In general, 'conveniently omit' context that denotes your character as "the player/the one" from in-game, and, rather, generalize events, so as to maintain a shared semi-non-conflicting RP-thread continuity. [Notes: It is not to say your character didn't engage in specific episodes/events, but not to specify they did either.] [Exceptions: Large scale events, like fleet battles (i.e. The Iconian attack at Earth, or general Na'Khul alerts) are encouraged to mention, but may still require some generalization. Use your best judgement!] For major exceptions to this rule, see the discussion thread for an ongoing list of episode/event involvement.
  • The RP is in a perpetual state of the year 2410 (until the game moves forward).

List of Earth Spacedock department head NPCs:
  • Commander Allura, Operations, Executive officer; Aenar, female
  • Commander Barnes, Shipyard; Benzite, male
  • Commander Batou, Engineering; Human, male
  • Commander Reeve, Security; Human, male
  • Commander Lucrecia, counselor, female
  • Doctor Melzine, Infirmary; human, male
  • Ensign Otis (hands out reports/information)

Types of play (can combine more than one):
  • Integrated with story - Join other Captains in solving an issue
  • One off/or more than one off - Like a mini fanfic, make a short stop to replenish supplies, drop prisoners, etc.
  • Side story - Posts about stuff your Captain is dealing with. Can work well with "Integrated with story".
  • (That's all I can think of right now. There's probably more ways.)

External links:
- Earth Spacedock (RPG) wiki article at Star Trek Expanded Universe
- Earth Spacedock wiki article at Star Trek Expanded Universe
- Star Trek Online: Earth Spacedock archives at Blogspot.ca
Post edited by hawku001x on

Comments

• admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    (Fleet) Admiral Nat - Food Court

*Drinks coffee*
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    Captain Kenton - Requisitions

*Gets an order form for a new set of fighters for the U.S.S. Galileo*
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,756 Arc User
    Captain Aeris - Club 47, Synthbar

A human woman sits at the bar, sipping Romulan Ale. She stares deep into nothingness until an approaching Trill civilian knocks her concentration off.

"Excuse me, I've got directions to your heart, could you double check that they're correct?" the Trill asks.

Aeris barely even looks at him. "Take a walk."

"Okay, so that one was bad," the Trill says as he leaves her.

While her peers like Captain Seifer and Admiral Cid were out exploring the galaxy on various extra missions, her ship, the Soveriegn-class U.S.S. Zephyra was stuck at Spacedock, assisting in starbase repairs. It didn't even make sense to have a ship of such caliber stuck at home, but at least the Ale was working.

"Another round?" the El-Aurian bartender, Nelan asks, already knowing the answer.

Aeris nods. "The last. It's not going to be me that gets you in trouble for serving non-synth drinks."

"Heh. Fine. But I can handle myself. Don't let the hat fool you," he replies nodding up slightly to indicate the large purple headwear.

Aeris stops herself from one more sip, in shock, just noticing the hat for the first time.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    Captain Krystal Jade - food court

A female redhead Trill is enjoying some nachoes while going over something on her PADD.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    The USS Philadelphia, Miranda class docked
    Lieutenant Elihu M'Konel, Centurion Lydia M'Konel

"He's been in there all day," groused the twitchy, auburn-haired Romulan as she stood outside her acting captain's quarters, arms crossed over her chest. "What does he think he's going to accomplish?"

The Bajoran ensign shrugged his blue-clad shoulders. "I'm just a nurse, Centurion. The ship's counselor isn't due to arrive till Tuesday."

Centurion Lydia M'Konel scowled to hide the start of a smirk at the inside-joke. "Don't give me that 'till Tuesday' garbage, Ensign. I'm going to the station. Alert me when - if - my nephew grows up and comes out of his room."

In Lieutenant Elihu M'Konel's quarters, the man was sitting on the foot of his bed staring at the floor, his long black bangs hanging melodramatically in front of his eyes. "I can do this," he whispered to himself.

Elihu wore the red Starfleet uniform of command, though he would have preferred to be wearing gold. In his head, he knew what he had to do, but it was rare he ever did what his head told him - at least, lately. Elihu was a hybrid of four species, notably Betazoid and Vulcan. His Vulcan heritage told him that logic was the answer to all questions, but his natural empathic nature made him all too susceptible to emotional influence. And his empathy was amplified by his Vulcan telepathic abilities.

He stood up shakily and inhaled deeply. Then he exhaled even more deeply. Then he sat back down. “Lydia can take care of it.”
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Captain Krystal Jade - food court

A female redhead Trill is enjoying some nachoes while going over something on her PADD.

"I've never liked those. Too spicy for my tastes." A human male, wearing a Starfleet Command Uniform, with Commander pips on his collar, is standing across the table from her, smiling. "Mind if I join you, Captain?"
    "Go ahead," the Trill replied. "And... my nachos are rather plain. Meat, cheese, and sour cream."
    She sets her PADD down, revealing what looked like a comic or Manga.
    "Krystal Jade, Captain of the Lexington."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    "Go ahead," the Trill replied. "And... my nachos are rather plain. Meat, cheese, and sour cream."
    She sets her PADD down, revealing what looked like a comic or Manga.
    "Krystal Jade, Captain of the Lexington."

"Commander Ryan Allington, Captain of the Victorious." He sits down.
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Admiral Nat turns to Ryan and Krystal.

"The Lexington, huh? Our resident ship that gets all the weird assignments? I've read a few reports about some of the things you've had to deal with."

He takes a sip of his coffee.

"Nothing quite like fighting off the Dominion occupation of DS9, leading many of Omega Force's special task forces on missions from everything to the Borg assimilation of Starbase 82 to taking down the Borg Queen herself, or being the war hero of the Iconian War, but impressive none the less."

The admiral takes another drink of his coffee.

"I take it the Lexington is in for repairs?"
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
    edited July 2016
    "One Wrong Word"

Centurion Lydia M'Konel, food court

“I never understood why he listens to that ancient Earth music,” Lydia complained to her engineering colleague. “What on Earth are Lumineers anyway?”

Lieutenant Hektor Lang smiled as he closed his eyes and answered, “It's not 'ancient', Lyd.”

Clearly, the equivocally ethnic second-in-command of Philadelphia's engine room and the Centurion had known each other for some time; he was more than comfortable around the eccentric Romulan soldier, and she with him. However, despite his obvious youth, Lang exuded an ambiance of superiority in experience and wisdom, even over his older, learned comrade.

As Lydia gave him a mild glower, Lang leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest, almost mocking his friend's facade. “You of all people should know that.”

“Why?” Lydia said, “I'm not even human.”

“No, but you grew up with us, and you married a human historian.”

“I also divorced him,” she said glaringly. “We should talk about something else till the little brat shows up.”

Lang shrugged and leaned forward in his chair to pick up his burrito. “Whatever, Lyd. This ain't Rome. Now that is ancient history.” He grinned at her as he took a bite.

Hot sauce dribbled down his chin. Lydia burst out laughing and shook her head. “What does that mean, Hektor?”

The man lowered his half-eaten burrito back onto the plate and wiped his mouth with a napkin. Almost mid-swallow, he answered, “You can't just show up and 'do as the Romans' do, meaning you can't just act like everyone else just 'cause it's cool.”

Lydia's glare became more serious. “I know the quote, and you know me better than that.”

“Do I?” he asked, eyeing her carefully. “Being reunited with Elihu after you've been exiled for so long...” Lydia abruptly stood. He continued, “You've changed a little over the last few years.”

“Go to Remus, Hek.” She turned her back on him and walked away from the table. “I'll complete the mission myself.”

Hektor lowered his head in defeat and closed his eyes with regret. He knew she'd forgive him, and eventually see his side of things. She usually did, despite her stubbornness. They weren't like siblings for nothing.
    Post edited by the0infamous on
    "You'd be right," Krystal replied. "And we've seen our fair share of action too. The whole Breen thing in Deferi space, the Remans, the True Way... Even saw some action against the Iconians."
    "You'd be right," Krystal replied. "And we've seen our fair share of action too. The whole Breen thing in Deferi space, the Remans, the True Way... Even saw some action against the Iconians."

"I've had my fair share of run-ins with the True Way too. Got captured by them a few months ago while renegotiating the Treaty of Bajor." Ryan seems to cringe at the memory.
    "Ouch..." Krystal replied with a cringe. She then took a drink of her soda. "I was captured via transporter hyjack trying to get off this satellite in orbit of Nopada. Standard duty uniforms and desert planets don't mix very well."

She tugs a bit at her Sierra 1 uniform for emphesis.
    "Had to take this off just to stay cool. My Chief Science Officer and Chief Engineer spent days trying to figure out what happened."
    "Ouch..." Krystal replied with a cringe. She then took a drink of her soda. "I was captured via transporter hyjack trying to get off this satellite in orbit of Nopada. Standard duty uniforms and desert planets don't mix very well."

She tugs a bit at her Sierra 1 uniform for emphesis.
    "Had to take this off just to stay cool. My Chief Science Officer and Chief Engineer spent days trying to figure out what happened."

"You ever get the feeling that the Enterprise gets all the easy assignments?"
    "All the time," Krystal relplied with a smile. "Lexington gets all the weird ones. But... I wouldn't trade that for anything."
    "All the time," Krystal relplied with a smile. "Lexington gets all the weird ones. But... I wouldn't trade that for anything."

"My Chief Engineer would probably trade it for the Victorious' up-to-date technical manuals if she had the chance. We've had to make do with standard Ambassador-Class tech manuals for nearly a year now." Ryan shakes his head. "She and the Oxford's Chief Engineer ended up rewiring the entire navigational deflector array to provide hull polarisation after our shield generators were disabled only to find out in Spacedock that one of the ship's upgrades when she was Recommissioned included a built-in hull polarisation package anyway."
    Krystal suppresses a laugh and shakes her head.
    "Well... the Lexington isn't a Sovereign class on the inside anymore. Went through a Regent refit, then an Imperial and what my Chief Engineer calls the T5U. Also... my engineering crew tends to be involved whenever we come back for a repair or refit. With all the changes we've made it can throw off dock engineers."

She stretches a bit.
    "Out of all the ships I've been on... the only ship that truely felt like a home was the Lexington."
    Krystal suppresses a laugh and shakes her head.
    "Well... the Lexington isn't a Sovereign class on the inside anymore. Went through a Regent refit, then an Imperial and what my Chief Engineer calls the T5U. Also... my engineering crew tends to be involved whenever we come back for a repair or refit. With all the changes we've made it can throw off dock engineers."

She stretches a bit.
    "Out of all the ships I've been on... the only ship that truely felt like a home was the Lexington."

"I feel the same way with the Victorious. It would just be nice if we knew what Utopia Planetia did to her when she was recommissioned. She's an old vet: fought in the Klingon-Federation War of 2371, the Dominion War and conducted rescue operations after Hobus before she was decommissioned. SCE recommissioned her over a year ago as a tested ship for new technologies. And subsequently neglected to give the ship's crew her updated tech manuals." Ryan smiles as he shakes his head. "Sometimes I wonder what goes through SCE's heads."
    "Well... maybe they never got around to writing it?" Krystal suggested, brushing some of her hair out of her face.
    "Well... maybe they never got around to writing it?" Krystal suggested, brushing some of her hair out of her face.

"Somehow, that wouldn't surprise me." Ryan smiles, before overhearing a Spacedock announcement.

"Starship Oxford now arriving at Bay 4. Keep bay clear. Dock crews, report to your stations."

Ryan's face seems to light up as he stands. "If you'll excuse me, Captain?"
    Krystal nods and picks up her PADD again.
    "I'll be here if you wanna talk some more," she said, going back to her reading and her food.
    After a few minutes, Ryan reaches Bay 4, waiting in the corridor as the Nebula-Class U.S.S. Oxford's crew disembark, before catching a glimpse of a Trill Commander with short, brown hair in the crowd. "Daya!"

The young woman looks for the source of the call, spotting Ryan and smiling as she walks up to him. "Commander Allington."

"Captain Saph." The two smile as they begin walking towards the turbolift. "Back from another charting mission?"

"No, this time it was a recon op. Starfleet Intel wanted us to investigate reports of a new Klingon Listening Post in the Delta Volanus cluster."

"And?" They enter the turbolift. "Promenade."

Daya leans against the turbolift handrail as they move towards the Promenade. "Somehow, the Empire managed to sneak a cloaked Battlecruiser straight through Federation space and into the cluster. God knows how many high-profile communications they intercepted before we shut them down."

As the turbolift doors hiss open, Ryan leads Daya towards the dining area. "Lunch?"

"Love to."
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Fleet Admiral Chaos Strolls into club 47 with an especially smug grin on his face.
    " Have no Fear Chaos is here!" He announced to no one in particular. After not seeing anyone he knows, he wanders over to the bar and says " Barkeep! A glass of your most expensive Ale if you please!"
    The bartender, a pale blue middle aged Andorian called Blue by his regulars shakes his head, " Chaos, you know what happened last time you were here! I'm not supposed to serve you anything but cheap synthale, base commanders orders. Besides, you can't afford REAL ale, you know that!"
    " Come now my good blue friend, I am in a great mood today! Let's not kill my mood shall we?" States Chaos half seriously.
    Blue raises an eyebrow " Chaos, the universe gets scared when YOU"RE in a good mood. What happened this time? Starfleet forgo the court martial and just demote you back to Captain?"
    Chaos's grin gets wider. " Just the very opposite! Starfleet is giving ME a new ship! A brand spanken new, one of a kind, never been flown, FIRST of her kind cruiser!"
    Knowing how often the admiral brags about getting a new ship, Blue just rolls his eyes and says " Ow yeah? What's her class?"
    Chaos shrugs " No idea."
    " Is she a light cruiser? Heavy Cruiser? Battle Cruiser? Science cruiser? You have know SOMETHING!"
    Chaos looks around the bar, leans in and mysteriously says , " It's top secret. So classified even I can't know anything about it."
    Blue leans in, " Yet somehow you know you are getting command of this double super secret unknown class of cruiser?"
    Chaos gets a confused look on his face then smiles.
    " Who else would they give it too?"
    Blue's first reaction is to say ' I can think of about a dozen better Captains', but instead says " I'm sure the Federation will be SOOOO much safer with you in command. I mean it's been what, 2 years since you blew up any planets?"
    " THAT WASN'T MY FAULT! Besides, Starfleet Jag cleared me of all those charges."

* Paging Admiral Chaos. Admiral Chaos report to Starfleet headquarters*
    Chaos downs the last of his cheap synthale and slaps Blue on the shoulder. " Nice seeing ya again Blue!" As Chaos walks out of Club 47 head held high, given a wink to the ladies walking into the Club, Blue couldn't help but wonder what headlines Chaos would be generating in the next few months:
    " Fleet Admiral Chaos of Starfleet accidental detonates fusion bomb while attempting to save a kitten stuck in a tree."
    or " Fleet Admiral Chaos Strikes Again: Moon 7 orbiting Terra Nova 3 gets nudged out of orbit.

Blue chuckles to himself, shakes his head, and goes back to waiting on his few customers. Only then realizing,, once again, that Chaos hadn't paid for his drink...

( This is my first attempt at RP,, if I missed the mark, or its horrible, feel free to let me know I won't attempt anymore) B)

Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    *A Ferengi sits in the corner of the exchange with a smirk on his face as he watches a group of attractive female cadets pass through, but soon returns to counting his bribe money.*
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
    Elihu M'Konel – food court

Knowing that if he didn't join his aunt she could be put at risk, convinced Lieutenant Elihu M'Konel to finally come aboard the starbase. Anyone who noticed him would not do so for very long, unless they found him attractive, which he was. The Betazoid half-breed conveyed obscurity, but this was by choice. A man with the strength of a Vulcan and the ability to sense emotions and deception was possibly the most efficient security chief in the Fleet, and he'd long-since known that it was important that the average passerby completely ignore him, allowing him to do his job better.

So as he entered the food court, he did not stand at the entrance with his arms folded over his chest, nor did he sit in a corner and observe everyone suspiciously with his back to the wall. He didn't need to. The art of remaining unseen hinged on one essential factor: do not look like you want to remain unseen. Elihu strolled casually through the center of the food court and sat at the end of a table occupied by a couple command officers. His back was to the door, but that didn't matter because Elihu may as well have had eyes in the back of his head.

When Lieutenant Lang noticed him, he raised a glass, but the engineer did not have the heart to speak to him. Good, that was part of the plan. It was crucial that the M'Konels have a comrade in the food court to “answer honestly” when questioned, but had no idea what in the universe was actually going on. So the Empath had used his ability of emotional projection to get his aunt just a little upset, knowing that when she was angry, she unloaded on either Lang or Elihu. Since Elihu was on the ship, the logical choice to vent at would be Lang, and Lang was always morose after the two friends argued.

All this just to keep Lang from getting up and going over to the security chief, because that would bring too much attention.

Lieutenant M'Konel ran his fingers through his long black hair as he considered going to the replicator for a drink. But the most important thing he was doing at the moment was eavesdropping on the command officers at the table a few seats down.
    edited April 2016
    Captain Aeris - Food Court

Aeris struggled with a headache and a PADD as she entered through the doors of the Food Court. One sleep was definitely not enough to overcome the hangover of Romulan Ale. She approached the communal replicators and requested another drink-- one with less regret.

"Raktajino, please; extra strong," she said.

She was hoping to quickly forget the inappropriate smirks she received from that Ferengi near the Exchange and that very loud Fleet Admiral on her way here.

Aeris surveyed the area and saw it was moderately busy as usual. A patient Starfleet Captain with red hair, of Trill descent, caught her eye, as well as what she supposed was a half-Vulcan, also in Starfleet uniform; neither out of the ordinary.

"Captain! You wanted to speak to me?" said Commander Barnes, a Benzite male and officer at Spacedock. "Now, before you get started, you should know I have no say over what your mission roster is. Never have; never will-- Unless I get promoted."

She led them to a table where they both sat. "Yeah, I know; you're pretty much useless. Anyway, I wanted to talk about the Kitana's study of artifacts from the Verath system. There's no data at all on their survey or excavation procedures."

"That's because no Starfleet ship has ever been to the Verath system. Captain Terry obtained those artifacts from a Dosi merchant ship."

Aeris slapped her hand on the table. "I knew it! Terry is such a whacked-out cheat. I'm going to hurt him so bad next time I see him."

"Don't think you're going there either. You're stuck here for now, and I was told your excessive time at the bar at Club 47 hadn't gone unnoticed. They want to temporarily assign you to assist with station security."

The human woman shook her head in disbelief. "Are you kidding me? I can't even over-look my own crew's repair progress??"

"They say you can do both. By the way, here's the progress report from two days ago," Barnes dropped another PADD on the table as he stood. "You left it at the bar."

As he left, Aeris picked up the PADD and tried scratching the dried Ale off its edges. "Ugh. Well, this wasn't me," she said to herself, defensively, suddenly taking a second notice of the half-Vulcan, sitting in solitude. There was something non-descript about him, she observed. He was in a perfect, unobtrusive, ordinary state. Probably nothing.

"Security to Captain Aeris," came a voice over the comms.

She tapped her commbadge. "Aeris here."

"Report to Operations for re-assignment."

Aeris groaned. "Oh come on. Did you have to say it like that? Never mind. On my way." Verath would just have to be someone else's interest.
    Krystal watched everything going on in the food court over the edge of her PADD before going back to her reading.

“No Man”

Lydia M'Konel, Cargo Bay 14

Centurion M'Konel entered the cargo bay unobstructed. She expected as much. She was a liaison between a certain Romulan organization and the U.S.S. Philadelphia, and the Star Fleet comm-badge she wore denoted her affiliation with the Federation. Everything was perfectly normal, despite her inability to not look suspicious. It wasn't her fault she was twitchy. She believed her creator made her that way for a reason. Perhaps he found it endearing. Or maybe he just wanted people to be afraid of her, though she rarely got violent, physically or verbally. But pan-dimensional god-like entities aside, her life had not been an easy one, and her ticks and bad habits were the culmination of many years of hardship and exile. The isolation was a mutual thing: she didn't like anyone, and nobody liked her.

Lydia opened one of the crates in a far corner of the cargo bay. On the other side of the huge room, she eyed two gold-uniformed officers unpacking engineering supplies. She'd have to be quick and quiet. She was only good at one of those.

Once she'd hastily activated the hand-sized device, the subdued, dim lights that ringed it began to glow. One of the lights stopped glowing. She placed the object back into the crate of miscellaneous equipment that had been beamed aboard by some unknown ship, and then departed the cargo bay.

One of the engineers noticed the Romulan leave but shrugged it off. Probably nothing...

In the corridor, Lydia swiftly made her way to a turbolift. “Hold that please!”

Agh! A person! Words talking! Stop doing that, it's annoying!

Turning in the threshold of the lift, Lydia smiled at the young crewman who was fast-walking toward her. “Sorry. I'm in a hurry.”

She backed away and the doors hissed shut. Only a few meters from the turbolift, the man opened his mouth to protest, but she wouldn't hear it.

Two minutes later, she stepped out of the turbolift and headed into another cargo bay, where she planted yet another device. She did this six times, and the one time she was questioned about it, she tapped her comm-badge...

Elihu M'Konel, food court

Elihu M'Konel did not let on that he'd overheard the conversation between Aeris and Barnes, or the communique. Most of it did not concern him in the least...accept the part where she was going to be head of security. He would use this.

As she stepped away from her table, Elihu stood up and followed, almost making it uncomfortably obvious to her that he was tailing her. He bombarded her with the sensation that he was threatening. However, when she exited the food court, Elihu went the opposite way she did.

Before she would be able to do or say anything, the man would have disappeared into a crowd. He felt extremely thankful that he had, since his aunt called him only moments after.

“Centurion M'Konel to Lieutenant M'Konel.”

Elihu tapped his badge as he casually strolled. “Go ahead.” He rotated his head around on his shoulders, loosening the muscles in his neck. He knew he'd have to be extra charming if he was right about the tone in her voice.

“Base security wants I.D.”

Elihu sighed. “Sierra-Foxtrot-Indigo-X-ray-Romeo-Tango-Sierra... uh...007?”

He hoped it worked. Only part of the code was real, but it only meant something to a handful of people. He knew the guard would be checking in with his superiors in order to verify the code, so Elihu became a social chameleon as he entered the Club.

“Hey, Lyd,” he laughed, nodding with a huge smile at everyone who noticed him, and many did. “Remember that time Admiral Janeway told you she didn't drink coffee anymore? And you were like, 'Sorry, Sir, I thought you meant only in alternate realities in which I give a damn' ?”

Elihu blended in with a trio of cadets and the three of them laughed and laughed and laughed...

“We're good,” she said with an irritated groan. “Stop being annoying. I'll meet you in the Club in five.”

Almost as soon as he tapped his communicator to end the conversation, he ceased smiling and turned to walk away from the very confused group of cadets.

Captain Terry - Food Court

The human Starfleet Captain took his tray of breakfast from the replicators into the sea of tables. He noticed Captain Krystal Jade sitting alone, reading a PADD, and approached her.

"Hey, did we meet before? You look familiar."
    Krystal looks up from her PADD before setting it down, revealing what looks like a Manga.
    "Don't think so..." she replied. "Unless I bumped into you back in the Academy or something."