test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enemies can tear your ship apart in solo missions within seconds...

Well, my rustbucket cruiser had some difficulties fighting d'deridex warbirds and their sudden plasma torpedo salvos, but this time i had problem with heavy warbird that spammed cannon barrages and landed a deadly crits on me with it's photon torpedoes. But most insane and op weapon is it's tractor mine trap. Every mine does continuous damage and every hit were critical(!) for 600 points. And damage goes trough shield, and there is a cannons and torpedoes... And this is a "normal" difficulty.

Comments

• Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    Well, my rustbucket cruiser had some difficulties fighting d'deridex warbirds and their sudden plasma torpedo salvos, but this time i had problem with heavy warbird that spammed cannon barrages and landed a deadly crits on me with it's photon torpedoes. But most insane and op weapon is it's tractor mine trap. Every mine does continuous damage and every hit were critical(!) for 600 points. And damage goes trough shield, and there is a cannons and torpedoes... And this is a "normal" difficulty.

did you redo your skills? sound like you had none and so you were weak bcuz of that.

have not been able to go into battle as of yet bcuz of the server being stupid and I can not get back into game after I did my skills so I can not compare anything hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User

did you redo your skills? sound like you had none and so you were weak bcuz of that.

have not been able to go into battle as of yet bcuz of the server being stupid and I can not get back into game after I did my skills so I can not compare anything hope it gets fixed soon.

I have full engi tree on my cruiser, plus traits and that means i should endure at least, but no. It seems that this bug affects only certain ship types though, because rest was normal, they didn't even managed to breach my shields... I had to fight with two heavy warbirds in next mission, and won only because immortal NPC soaked damage for me.

• Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User

I have full engi tree on my cruiser, plus traits and that means i should endure at least, but no. It seems that this bug affects only certain ship types though, because rest was normal, they didn't even managed to breach my shields... I had to fight with two heavy warbirds in next mission, and won only because immortal NPC soaked damage for me.

well goodluck hope the issue gets resolved
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    D'deridex class ships and Romulan mines in general are pretty powerful NPC's. I've always made a case of it to stay at at least 5km distance (since they won't be able to use a tractor beam at that distance and proceed to spam their plasma torpedoes).

If you're using a less well geared character, I'm not surprised that your ship seems vulnerable. That's always been the case for me on alts.
  • Options
    voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    D'deridex class ships and Romulan mines in general are pretty powerful NPC's. I've always made a case of it to stay at at least 5km distance (since they won't be able to use a tractor beam at that distance and proceed to spam their plasma torpedoes).

If you're using a less well geared character, I'm not surprised that your ship seems vulnerable. That's always been the case for me on alts.
    Problem is that D'deridex was ok, my cruiser is much faster and have a really nice power reserves after skill tree update. Can do damage too, so it was a good fight.
    But Mogai heavy warbird wasn't that powerful before update. It never used it's high yield torpedo skill, and was actually a pushover. Now it's a death machine with some insane crit buff. While tractor mines is powerful, continuous critical damage that passes shields is something totally OP.