test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iconian Hunting

breetime13breetime13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I've ran into it twice. The first time I contacted support, and they gave me something to try (to replay the mission). What happened was, during the fight with the Iconian boss in the room with the 4 nodes, she fell into one of the two pits in the room and became not targetable. Thus, the 2 remaining nodes I could not access, because she needs to be defeated before you can progress to each one.

On my second attempt I thought I'd change tactics, and make her come to me near the door, so she couldn't get stuck. Her reinforcements appeared, only 2 of them were underneath the floor. They could fire on my team, yet the constructs were not targetable. This made my second attempt a total and complete waste of time.

Comments

• emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I just had the exact same 2 things happen to me...just in the reverse order. Reinforcements in wall...then M'Tara fell off the side. Attempt 3 incoming. Worked fine this time.

However, the next map had an issue. Scan ship. Escape pods. Next map. Conference. Finished. Beamed up and found myself back at the objective to Scan the ship. So, I did. Then escape pods. Then next map. And this time, the strangest thing I've seen in this game happened. The camera got stuck. It didn't follow my character at all. It stayed in the spot that it starts when the map loads. So, my character ran to the other end of the room and was a quarter inch tall on my screen. I couldn't maneuver into the next room, so I had to beam up.

So, next I clicked "Continue: Debrief". This time, I was able to finish it.

The strangest thing is that I did this same mission on another character yesterday. I died about 20x, but had no bugs. This time, it was very buggy, but I never died.
  • wvuscottwvuscott Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm having the same issues and have had the same issues. Played it last night and had to just quit and I didn't have the patience to start a fresh run but that's what I've had to do on all my other characters.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Train your Engineering BOFFs or carry the Kit Module.....that allows you to make Quantum Mortars.
    It may take more time....but players have found it will target things stuck in walls.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Quantum_Mortar_Fabrication
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • wvuscottwvuscott Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Maybe you have to get knocked out a few times for it to work correctly. Seems like when that happens it works alright.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    O-r-r-r-r you can wait for the program to load everything correctly and perfectly. Sure. LOL!

Quantum Mortar....basic BOFF ability....no lockbox, Exchange Ferengis, or Lobi involved....go over to the BOFF trainer, adjust your Away Team. :) I always have one Sci set for heals, one Tac and two Engineers with me.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin