test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Easter Event: Horta Egg Hunt

One weekend. Scatter horta eggs around social zones and missions across the galaxy - no hint given as to where. Log it by account, not character so you have to use each faction to access specific zones and missions (encouraging travel like Omega but also replays). Trade in eggs for marks & a special horta combat pet. Short, simple, easy, a bit of fun. If you need a backstory, a Ferengi stole a bunch of eggs from Janus VI to sell on black market, selling them on or hiding them and you need to track them down and return them to the Horta mother (mission giver and where you turn in the eggs for marks).

Comments

• stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    That's a really cool idea.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    awesome idea ... but do we get a new baby horta pet as a reward?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    already got a horta non combat pet and a horta combat pet, I thought most players had them.
    also you would need to play 24 hrs both days of the weekend to cover all of the zones and missions in the game searching in all of the nooks and crannies where an egg could be hidden.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    already got a horta non combat pet and a horta combat pet, I thought most players had them.
    also you would need to play 24 hrs both days of the weekend to cover all of the zones and missions in the game searching in all of the nooks and crannies where an egg could be hidden.

My thought was that the reward would be gradual. You could go round 5 zones maybe and get some marks for that. Or you could fo round 40 zones and you'd get more. But there wouldn't be a minimum participation forcing you to grind day after day and no one would actually find every single one. One person might find a bunch in the main zones and some Breen missions. Another person might play through the whole Klingon War series and find a bunch on there. So each experience of it ends up being different.

edited March 2016
    the way I see it this would only work if we were given a complete list in game of all of the missions and zones that have an egg hidden in them then as each egg is found in any particular zone or mission it would be removed from the list, the objective being for all the players to work together to find every one of the hidden eggs so that every one of the locations is removed from the list.
    by doing it this way as players come in at different times of the day they could instantly see what areas have not been checked and could choose which of these maps to search to find the hidden egg.
    working together like this players could effectively find all of the eggs without having to search areas where the egg has already been found.
    each player who chooses to take part would be allowed to find no more the 3 eggs over the entire weekend so once they have found them they are excluded from taking part further.
    once all eggs are found or the weekend ends which ever comes first all the players who have taken part are rewarded a small amount for searching and finding no eggs and substantially greater amounts for finding 1 2 or 3 eggs.

I am thinking

10000 dilithium 0 eggs
    50000 dilithium 1 egg
    75000 dilithium 2 eggs
    100000 dilithium 3 eggs

players could pick up the mission to take part from a NPC and this NCP would also display the list of locations for unfound eggs, once the mission is taken it stays active for the entire weekend even if the player logs out.

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    That sounds adorable :).
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    cool idea.....Horta bridge officer would be a cool reward
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    cool idea.....Horta bridge officer would be a cool reward

funnily enough I did read one of the many star trek books called "Romulan Way" where a Horta was a star fleet officer, it was very clever the way they used him in the plot.