test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release notes - March 25, 2016

crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.60.20160319a.4.

General:
  • R&D Research Projects will no longer appear in your recipe list after attaining Level 20 within each School.
  • Strategist Specialization: Attrition Warfare
    • Recharge Time reduction when healed can now trigger once every 20 seconds.
    • Increased the potency of the recharge time reduction to 15/30%.
  • Updated Character Creation and the Tailor:
    • The trait list once again shows up during character creation.
    • Players have regained the ability to genetically modify their captains to be shorter or taller.
    • Dropdown menus in the tailor close when you click anywhere outside of them.

Skill Revamp:
  • Updated wording on Human Innate Traits, to match new functionality.
  • Updated descriptions on Attack Pattern Delta Prime to match updated functionality
  • Flamethrower Turret attacks now properly scale with Kit Performance skill.
  • Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields have again been updated to translate benefits previously given to Crew.
  • The following Rank III Training Manuals can now be crafted from the Officer Training R&D School, without needing to earn any special unlocks ahead of time:
    • ENGINEERING
      • Reroute Power to Shields
      • Weapons Malfunction
      • Extend Shields
      • Reverse Shield Polarity
    • SCIENCE
      • Stasis Field,
      • Tachyon Harmonic
      • Charged Particle Burst
      • Energy Siphon
      • Mask Energy Signature
      • Photonic Officer
      • Scramble Sensors
      • Tractor Beam Repulsors
    • TACTICAL
      • Draw Fire
      • Battle Strategies
      • Target Subsystem : Aux
      • Target Subsystem : Shields
      • Target Subsystem : Weapons
      • Target Subsystem : Engines

Known Issues:
  • The Skill System Revamp is still a work in progress:
    • There may be lingering mentions of “Crew” on reward packs and other items.
  • The Strategist Secondary Skill is still a work in progress.
  • The Romulan Republic Admiralty Campaign is still a work in progress.

Post edited by crypticspartan#0627 on

Comments

• Options
    ficasoczficasocz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Skill Revamp:
    • Updated wording on Human Innate Traits, to match new functionality.

Nice. But now, I don't know how much? (In combat? Out of combat?)

Resistance to subsystem offline duration?
    Did you mean Decrease of incoming subsystem offline duration? (How much?)
    or Increase chance to resist subsystem offline (trigger/not trigger)? (How much?)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

General:
    • R&D Research Projects will no longer appear in your recipe list after attaining Level 20 within each School.k in progress.
    Oh god, thank you. You wouldn't believe how often I accidentally used that already.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.70.8675309ei.N.

General:
    • Visiting your bridge will now allow you to tell your conn officer to pilot you around sector space. You may switch to External Ship View by interacting with your main viewscreen.
    • Your boffs are now placeable via a special Foundry mission called Bridge
      • "Categories" Such as Off-Duty, M.A.C.O. etc. Have been combined, you can now use things like boots and tops anywhere.
      • Faction-restricted outfits are no longer faction bound. You can now wear a Klingon's Belt on your Federation Character.

Known Issues:
    • Elite STF Accolade unattainable due to missing Elite STFs.

I actually rather like this update... . *watches through beer goggles*
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016

[*] The following Rank III Training Manuals can now be crafted from the Officer Training R&D School, without needing to earn any special unlocks ahead of time:
    • ENGINEERING
      • Reroute Power to Shields
      • Weapons Malfunction
      • Extend Shields
      • Reverse Shield Polarity
    • SCIENCE
      • Stasis Field,
      • Tachyon Harmonic
      • Charged Particle Burst
      • Energy Siphon
      • Mask Energy Signature
      • Photonic Officer
      • Scramble Sensors
      • Tractor Beam Repulsors
    • TACTICAL
      • Draw Fire
      • Battle Strategies
      • Target Subsystem : Aux
      • Target Subsystem : Shields
      • Target Subsystem : Weapons
      • Target Subsystem : Engines

Awesome!!!!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Also, due to the refresh bug that has been around since the beginning of Crafting, taking those Research Projects out of the list on reaching Level 20 also prevents wasted Projects because though you thought you were slotting one in X School, you actually got the one in the maxed Y (mostly Beams) instead.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    rahhmi wrote: »
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.70.8675309ei.N.

General:
    • Visiting your bridge will now allow you to tell your conn officer to pilot you around sector space. You may switch to External Ship View by interacting with your main viewscreen.
    • Your boffs are now placeable via a special Foundry mission called Bridge
      • "Categories" Such as Off-Duty, M.A.C.O. etc. Have been combined, you can now use things like boots and tops anywhere.
      • Faction-restricted outfits are no longer faction bound. You can now wear a Klingon's Belt on your Federation Character.

Known Issues:
    • Elite STF Accolade unattainable due to missing Elite STFs.

I actually rather like this update... . *watches through beer goggles*

Wait what? Where was this????
    ltminns wrote: »
    Also, due to the refresh bug that has been around since the beginning of Crafting, taking those Research Projects out of the list on reaching Level 20 also prevents wasted Projects because though you thought you were slotting one in X School, you actually got the one in the maxed Y (mostly Beams) instead.

My only regret is that I'm almost finished on all four of my original characters, at least my Delta recruit will be able to complete her schools in peace.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    kirkinaustinkirkinaustin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I really do hope you reconsider the fragmenting of all the training manuals across the various career trees. You should REALLY consider keeping all the career manuals in their respective career trees. Why would a maxed out TAC Captain not be able to train all his TAC underlings in ALL the MkIII abilities? Also for ground abilities, don't make us choose between one manual or the other, allow us to train both. Right now you can build a pretty decent Captain of any career path using the current live skill system AND still be able to train all the available career manuals. With the new system, you will loose half the MkIII ground manuals and depending on how you spread out your space points up to half of your career MkIII space skill manuals. And for those that are going to say it, you should NOT have to rely on one very oddly skilled alt per career path to get around this, because there is NO need to have to get around it in the first place. This was a very awkward decision on how to spread the training manuals across the new skill tree, and frankly, fixing it does not offer any unfair advantage to any career path.