test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wells vs Krenim Science Ship

staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
Who will win?.... FIGHT!!

Actually, this came around from me trying to decide whether my KDF Sci was better off in his long-serving Korath or in the new Krenim ship. Obviously the Korath wins on style as it's actually a Klingon ship, but it got me wondering.... which is better overall?

Wells:
Powerful unique console and access to other Temporal consoles
Ability to get multiple extra cooldown reductions (temporal backstep and inversion field, if you spend the lobi).
Better turn rate (to angle for arc-based powers)
More flexible BOff seating

Krenim Sci Ship:
+1Lt ability slot
Intel seating
Better hull and shields (marginally!)
Unique console and trait (debatable, since unlike the Wells', these can both be used on any ship).

IMO, the Krenim takes it thanks to the Intel seating, unless you invest in the Temporal Warfare set for the Wells... in which case the two are pretty even.

What do you all think?

Comments

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Well..your basically comparing a t5(u) ship to a t6..
    The Wells is an old workhorse.

The Krenim has the same boff/console layout as the Wells (minus the Intel spec and lt Eng seat)

While newer, the Krenim is twice the size and a bit slower than a wells (turn and top speed if you spec for that)

Consider this,if a wells is released as a T6 (granting it an additional boff seat) with Intel seating, it will out class the Krenim.Imho.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• captainmeow100captainmeow100 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I can understand this, however if I chose whichever one to use, I would prefer the Wells.
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    I have yet to encounter a Krenim sci that can compete with my particle-focused R'Mor in a PvP fight. The speed, turn rate and flexible boff seating of the "time ship" trump the Krenim's T6 advantages. For example, I can easily slot SIC3 on my R'Mor, whereas the best I can do on the Krenim is SIC2 (thanks to the lack of an LtCmdr eng option).

The Krenim is a good starter PvE science ship, especially given the "price." But there's a reason you still see so many elite PvPers flying Wells-class ships:

Experience has shown us there really is no equal. :)

RCK