test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tank skill revamp discussion

cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
The current build bothers me mostly with the new unlock threat being so high in tactical unlock 10 would be fine but at 15. I can't spec that heavy in tactical and have good resistance + maneuverability + self healing etc. Needed for building a tank, while dps is great for tanking having to put points into torpedoes or shield piercing etc. Which aren't as helpful for a tank.

However I am glad they made the threatening stance. It needs to be at a reasonable easy to get, otherwise we will sacrifice too many point to tactical skills that may or not be helpful to our tank builds.

Comments

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I agree i think this should be moved to the first or second unlock like before. Those skills are the ones most needed by non-tactical builds. The hangar one should be lower as well for the same reason, maybe 15 for example. All those people that asked him to change it were extremely wrong.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I would appreciate this as the first unlock. But I know that not only the position of this skill but a number of others is going to make some one unhappy no matter where they are.

Maybe instead of the abilities at each unlock point, we should get a point to chose the one we want from the career pool (ultimate's excluded, maybe reduce the requirement's for those by one though). Choice is always good and this would divert a lot of the winging and moaning. Don't know if there is time to implement this sort of change though.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    That's how the ultimate abilities work... you choose form a pool with each unlock. I think it's a pretty good idea.
  • eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I would appreciate this as the first unlock. But I know that not only the position of this skill but a number of others is going to make some one unhappy no matter where they are.

Maybe instead of the abilities at each unlock point, we should get a point to chose the one we want from the career pool (ultimate's excluded, maybe reduce the requirement's for those by one though). Choice is always good and this would divert a lot of the winging and moaning. Don't know if there is time to implement this sort of change though.
    A POOL OF SKILLS WOULD BE AMAZING! Stop making me pick torpedo stuff if I don't want it! Stop making me pick pet things if I don't need it. A generalized pool of passive skills that I can pick from being certain tiers in a tree would just be amazing. +1 to this. Cryptic plz can I haz?