test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is yours most memorable NPC in STO?

124»

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    I must say I miss Egg'en too :( I mean, if there ever was an Egg'en. I don't miss the Undine that posed as him of course ;)

And K'Valk is one of the best Klingon NPC's in the game imo. Although his suicide may have been a bit pointless (never really understood how throwing your life away and take the easy way out is honourable) he, at least, is more than 'Honour! Rawrr!'.
    And I like that new Federation Ambassador in the latest episode (who's wearing clothes with the Klingon sign btw - a bit weird). But that has less to do with the NPC himself ;)

K'valk intended to destroy the planet killer without making "you" and the crew die with him. He could have asked for a beam-out, but to what end? He couldn't go home and he was still loyal to the Empire so seeking asylum with his enemies made no sense.

He significantly damaged it, and without him your hargh'pengs probably wouldn't have worked.
  • cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Most memorable NPC: Eraun. For one reason and one reason only, "Did you believe I would come here with out protection?" How he says "protection" makes this line the funniest in the entire game, I laugh every time I hear it.
    Funniest: Eraun, see above.
    Despise: Sela, simply a horribad character that rubs me the wrong way, don't get me started about the voice acting. Just beat out Angry Joe the Kremin.
    Truest to canon: The Ferengi in the early stages of the Klingon story line. As an added bonus you get to slap the tar out of him to get him to shut up.
    Favorite: Toss up, Obisek, S'taass (I love how you can still hear the sounds of the Gorn language in the background every time he talks), Shon, K'Valk, Jarok and Spock Voice Over.
    Auto Mute: All Ferengi, Defari, Zombies, Talaxians, most bajorans, mirror Kira and Cooper. All of them have just irritating to listen voices and attitudes.

Cirran
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I really liked Ramir and House Pegh in general. It's nice to have Klingons in the story who are not all about "Blood! Death! Honor! Shouting!".

The Most memorable is probably Mister Bonny-Kin, though. That mission pretty much kept me from uninstalling the game back then.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    "Eppohs! Cuddly friendly eppohs!"

Seriously though, Robert Picardo as the holo Doc. It's like he was never away, he stepped right back into character without missing a beat.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    ulukayx wrote: »

The Most memorable is probably Mister Bonny-Kin, though. That mission pretty much kept me from uninstalling the game back then.

Yeah i liked bonnie-kin sometimes i run that mission because of the dark style and creepy nature of it, wish cryptic still made missions like those.

Most Memorable : Mr Bonnie-Kin , Eraun (just because of protection), Tovan Khev (his lines in the LoR expantion were actually good), Sela (just love to hate her ), obisek, Temer, K'Valk, Cmdr Doran, D'tan, Spock (Nimoy need i say more?).

Most annoying : Slamek, Noye , Hakeev (his name sounds like a large sneeze), Epoh Lady, the annoying screaming ferengi at the klingon warehouse during the klingon tutorial arc, zaale (sure divide at impera is gone but SHE is still at starbase 39), Kagran (i swear to god if any says the troop transports are making their way to the planet one more time I SWEAR!!), Mirror Leeta (her voice is like finger nails on a chalk board), Lorris AND Kara'Ukan.

Notable : Kumaarke (idk i liked her hope we see her again soon) , The Doctor , Harry Kim (Garret wang knocked it out of the park but cryptic as usual dropped the ball), T'Ket ( Very good VO work , but i doubt we see her again, to bad was hoping for a final confrontation with her).
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    I did chuckle a bit when during the climatic battle over Earth in "Midnight" someone threw in the "...Kurland here... [static]" as a joke.

Top three NPC's though? So many fairly memorable characters in STO it's hard to choose. Without any of the "star" guests they've had for VO I'd pick:
    1) Obisek, I wish Cryptic would bring this character back his VO work is always great "and now we come to the heart of the matter... little spy"
    2) T'Ket, the pure and utter hatred in her voice is great. Every word is practically spat at you with utter disdain for every living thing that she holds responsible for the destruction of Iconia.
    3) The Orion receptionist from Time in a Bottle, one of the more distinct NPC VO's we've had in a while I think. The generic ones tend to sound somewhat the same you can even tell when they're done by the same actor but different.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Q IS THE MOST WONDERFUL BEING I HAVE EVER KNOWN!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Q IS THE MOST WONDERFUL BEING I HAVE EVER KNOWN!

AND HE'S HANDSOME TOO!
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    to be honest i love the Kurland VO work (yes Bort I do seriously ). The issue that players find annoying isn't the quality of the VO's or the Character's , its the triggered Repetitious responses these characters have in missions ,
    my other top VOs is Va'Kel Shon and Hakeev and Gaius Selan .
    of coarse im happy to hear VO from all the star trek guests thats appeared so far .
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Kurland - His alter ego hates science.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    quepan wrote: »
    to be honest i love the Kurland VO work (yes Bort I do seriously ). The issue that players find annoying isn't the quality of the VO's or the Character's , its the triggered Repetitious responses these characters have in missions

Yes, I'm so glad post-Sphere of Influence we had full VO rather that small extracts. It really improved things and if Kurland et al had been full VO... well he'd be far less well known.

Speaking of which, what's the least memorable NPC. Scrap that, stupid question, obviously can't think of them. What's a really under-used NPC that could have been far better? One comes to mind for me would be Damar Kahn - his/her episode was really interesting and he/she just popped back for a 5 minute taxi ride. Seems a bit of a shame.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Speaking of which, what's the least memorable NPC. Scrap that, stupid question, obviously can't think of them. What's a really under-used NPC that could have been far better? One comes to mind for me would be Damar Kahn - his/her episode was really interesting and he/she just popped back for a 5 minute taxi ride. Seems a bit of a shame.

I'm hoping we get to see Slamek again, if only so we can choose whether to show mercy or take him down in revenge.

Hassan the Undying would be cool to encounter again, but of course many players chose to kill him at the end of "The Undying" so it probably won't happen.

And Ja'rod ... is he even still in the game? The devs kept teasing a confrontation between him and J'mpok for the Chancellor's seat, but that never ended up happening. Shame, he seemed to be the most "authentic" Klingon in the game other than Worf.

Not quite a character, but the Fek'Ihri in general. The legions of hell are flooding into our reality, and we kick them out, and they never come back? And we never find out exactly what they really were but don't ever mention them again? I want some answers, dammit!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    General Klag, Ganalda Station. Great name...very Klingon. I like Ganalda Station. Good eats...good drinks...and it's Klingon.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    The ferengi that thinks Q is handsome. Hes the tops all day.