test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is yours most memorable NPC in STO?

As the topic says, there are lots of NPC in STO, some are easy to forget and some are hard to forget.
Of course are those with voice overs easier to remember since you get a better perspective on their personality.

My favorite NPC for years now in STO has always been Haakev, it was a real treat that they brought him back in New Romulus, and the voice over is just pure talent, you really get the feel of him.
21ajpqt.png

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    The one character that keeps appearing to me, is T'Nae...

And I don't even like the concept of her character...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hakeev (Dave Rivas) is definitely one of the best.

I also liked K'Valk from The Doomsday Device (Marc Biagi). Unlike Kahless the Monologger he had good reason to sing.

Most painfully memorable is whoever does the Guardian of Forever. So bad it hurts.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Hmm... this is not an easy one... there's many NPC's that I like.

Obisek and Lt. Selan for their voice overs. And perhaps Kurland for the same reason :p
    Worf, Spock and Tuvok because they're Worf, Spock and Tuvok. Same for all other characters from the shows, but these three are really some of my favorites among them.
    Simmons and Cooper because they're recurring characters, both with a tragic end. Same could be said for Donatra and that former Reman leader we fight in KAGA.
    Shon, Jarok and S'taass because you get to fight alongside them.
    Sela because she's one of the more complicated characters in the game. Though she was pretty annoying in the mission where she became Nero II, the mission which included her stupid actions against Vulcan.

Tbh, I really disliked Hakeev. Especially how he fled every time he was facing some opposition. That, and the fact that he's the Iconians puppet and allows the Elachi to abduct his own people make him really pathetic in my opinion. His pointless speeches where he tried to be badass don't really help, it only makes him look more like a clown. I've played Cutting the Cord a few times over just so I could kill him.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Though I must admit, it's more the character, specifically his actions, that are annoying. The voice overs for Hakeev are among the best in the game, no argument there.
    edited February 2016
    ^ Obisek (Eric Newsome), good call he's one of the best of the non-TV-cast voice actors.

Denise Crosby does a good job as Sela, not so good as Tasha Yar. I noticed playing Temporal Ambassador recently that they had changed a couple of her worst readings (the nags approaching the Enterprise) from spoken to text. That alone improved the episode :)
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Hakeev was an alright badguy originally. But with the Romulan content. Oh how it felt good to actually shoot him. Sela prior to the Romulan arc felt shallow and sad. Afterward I almost feel some sympathy for her.
    But for me the one that stands out is B'vat. Your first encounter he won just by trying to stop the conference. Even when you beat his ship he did win.
    His second message seems a bit weak but he did make his weapons and some of them did get deployed. Harpeng torpedoes anyone?
    When you finally meet young B'vat in the past and know his older self is in the next room. He had to know you were coming. He was going through the motions he already knew he had to in order to save his people and die an honourable death. And I left that arc wondering. Was he really a monster? Or just playing one to ensure the one that was to slay him would be there when he needed them to be?

(Oh and I still can't stand T'nae because of Divide et Imperia.)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    ...Kurland here...[static]
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Hmm... Most memorable? Probably Sela. She just keeps popping up throughout. I bet we'll see her again, too...

Favorite lines from one character? Well, technically, two characters. The "real" one says "Pigs are Earth mammals, they do not fly" but the Undine says "Hey, I love nature, I say if a pig wants to fly, let them."
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edrogen wrote: »
    ...Kurland here...[static]

Dammit you beat me to it!
    SulMatuul.png
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    I gotta say memorable would be Kurland.. for all the wrong reasons.. But memorable as far as like would be Commander Jarok, designed my Engineering captain after her.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Empress Sela, rightful leader of the Star Empire!

The Orion "Receptionist" in Time in a Bottle, whoever does her voice acting, that's one dialogue I can never skip.

I quite liked the Iconians and the Herald too, and their appearance and voice-overs. The encounter with the Herald at the Gateway entrance is another I find myself listening through to the end in the countless replays.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    I-its too, bright here"...
    Squint then dammit!
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
    I-its too, bright here"...
    Squint then dammit!

:) Slimey is in the top 3 for most hated, along with Towan Khar and Kurland Here

• seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Eraun, the Vorta. He looked the part and acted it too. His dialog read as it could have been Weyoun's.

The voice actor (sorry I don't know your name) also did a really good job speaking him. I hope we see him again one day!
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
    edited February 2016
    Eraun, the Vorta. He looked the part and acted it too. His dialog read as it could have been Weyoun's.

The voice actor (sorry I don't know your name) also did a really good job speaking him. I hope we see him again one day!

Yes, he was good. The wiki says Marc Biagi

I like Loriss from the 2800 too, though the voice actress was a little erratic on trying for the sweetness tone. It felt like they brought her back a week later for additional recording and didn't have her listen to her older lines to stay consistent. I realize she was sometimes intentionally imperious, angry, shocked etc. but others she should have been using her "sweet" voice.

• gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    As mentioned above, Sela-Hakeev used to be annoying mustachioed comic-book villains... Post LoR, they've become really great! I *want* to hate Hakeev, and Sela, poor Sela... always trying to do the right thing, always missing one critical piece of information causing her to make the wrong choices. Hakeev, I think beats Sela out for most memorable though.

My *least* liked... is D'Tan. I don't know if it's the VO's sub-par performance, or bad, one-dimensional writing on the part of the character, but D'Tan feels like a cardboard cutout puppet.
    newstosiggy.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Where's Sulu?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    OMG!!!!

I can't believe I forgot...

"Bonnie-kins!!!! Oh, Bonnie-kins!!!!"

An NPC that still gives me chills.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    OMG!!!!

I can't believe I forgot...

"Bonnie-kins!!!! Oh, Bonnie-kins!!!!"

An NPC that still gives me chills.
    I love that mission!
    newstosiggy.png
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I like Empress Sela, whom my Rommie is pleased to serve as a sleeper agent.

I also enjoy Loriss the incompetent Vorta.

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Tarkaram (Dyson commander in Step Between Stars). Big, fun personality that was conveyed very well (just two lines in combat against Undine really sold the character for me.)

I've brought him in to cameo in two of my foundry missions so far.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Hakeev: That one had amazing VOs, and he was something else. They really did great on him.
    Sela: Another one with amazing VOs. She made the part of the hate/kill role. I didn't know if I wanted her to live so I can hate her or kill her.
    Gaul: To me that guy was really something else. And his VOs matched his character well.
    Worf: I love his voice. I can hear it all day long. Bring him back for more!
    Tuvok: Another good voice, like to see more of him too.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    That B*tch T'ket.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    EPOH.. BUY a epoh friend.....i hate that every critsmass wanan kill with my phaser
    nexus.jpg

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    xayss wrote: »
    EPOH.. BUY a epoh friend.....i hate that every critsmass wanan kill with my phaser

Surprising many did. I never minded her at all, but instead that ferengi who kept repeating the same lines over and over I wish Q turned into a targ or something so I could listen to the WW soundtrack without interruption.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Spock, when the Enterprise comes to your aid. That gave me chills waaaaaaaay back when the game was new. That mission still resonates with me. Loved it.

I also dig Shon and the new crew of the Enterprise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Sela and Obisek were great. I don't like Hakeev; he's so over the top and dramatic it's impossible to take anything he says seriously. The fact that he runs away like a coward every time something doesn't go his way doesn't do much to sell his character either.

I'm probably gonna catch some heat over this, but hearing Ethan Phillips' voice when me meet Neelix in DR gave me chills. Never thought I'd be happy to hear that voice again. :P

NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Sela

1) Denise crosby knocked it out of the park

Seriosuly one of the best VO NPC in the game well done :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Hmm... Most memorable? Probably Sela. She just keeps popping up throughout. I bet we'll see her again, too...

Favorite lines from one character? Well, technically, two characters. The "real" one says "Pigs are Earth mammals, they do not fly" but the Undine says "Hey, I love nature, I say if a pig wants to fly, let them."
    Why yes, I drink Jumja! :p

Hmm I liked Loriss, there was an odd sort of charm to her. I got the feeling she wasn't really a bad person, just trying to do her job.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg