What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NOOBS and PVE/STFs

124»

Comments

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Mods I think this thread needs to get closed as it's rapidly going downhill here as certain people have resorted to nasty name calling insults.

Guys take your disagreements elsewhere, the forum is not the place for this sort of behaviour.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Mods I think this thread needs to get closed as it's rapidly going downhill here as certain people have resorted to nasty name calling insults.

Guys take your disagreements elsewhere, the forum is not the place for this sort of behaviour.

Agreed. But then again, the title of this thread starts with 'noobs'. I wonder in how far a thread can go downhill if it never saw the top of that same hill...
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I assume the op means people who come in to an estf having never touched normal or advance and/or begin doing whatever they like in defiance of working as a team. Some do speak English and some have no desire to learn they just want the reward, they've said as such in chat. Normal and advance at least teach you most of what needs to be done on elite. The number of times people beam to ntte with no ev suit for example...or not cover an area and experienced person would know needed covering like ig and the triggers.

Even if someone who did want to learn the extra requirements for elite but didn't know English they should have basic common sense. I've been in largely German teams so didn't understand a word or a pre made that was on ts but I wasn't. Did I decide to go to the other isa transformer and aggro everything? No. I watched what my team did and deduced what they were doing without any trouble. I could say I'm a genius, best skills and all knowing but no it's simple common sense that I assume is common as the name states. I can only accept so many reasons but at the end of the day I see no reason for new or rusty players to warm up in normal and advance to the point they know to bring a flipping ev suit or the basic objective is to stop the nanites healing the transformer. I don't jump in to new missions on elite so I'm not above doing normal and advanced either so I don't see why others should assume they are. Not having bnp to get good weapons doesn't excuse you bringing stock ships when better gear is within easy reach like episode rewards or crafting or doffing or even exchange.

But this is an old problem that can't ever be truely solved by the game because it's in some peoples nature to do nothing for something. Some people just want the reward which is why events like cc and mi will always have leechers and idlers or people who don't work as a team but expect the team to clear up the mess.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »

Agreed. But then again, the title of this thread starts with 'noobs'. I wonder in how far a thread can go downhill if it never saw the top of that same hill...

You're right. With the name this thread was given, the tone was set for yet another edition of "n00b"-flaming, this was eventually going to happen. I'm as thrilled with this as you are :|
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »

You're right. With the name this thread was given, the tone was set for yet another edition of "n00b"-flaming, this was eventually going to happen. I'm as thrilled with this as you are :|

What really amuses me when people use the term "noobs" and then proceed to rip them to shreds is that they have obviously forgotten that every single player was new, inexperienced and prone to making mistakes at one time in their STO career.

Or, is there a secret facility somewhere which genetically engineers uber-gamers and sends them out into the internet to mock the inexperienced?

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    asuran14 wrote: »

lol Okay first stop making yourself look like pretentious little prick, unless your wife likes that kind of thing. Good for you for having a life there I mean not that hard even basement dwellers have one actually. Lets talk about that devolving into name calling in a convo when you don't like what you are hearing most people find it in really bad taste. An yeah I have a wife, who gave birth to my sun actually three months ago, been working as a chief for restaurant for about 10 years, with mmos being a happy media to enjoy my down time. Funny part of that is I met my wife in game been married for 10 years so far, so no need to help me there. I got a really active social life when I actually want to go out an be social instead of doing one of my hobbies like hiking, writing, gaming, or just relaxing with my wife an family. You sound like one of those people that looks at someone an thinks they know them in an out just by how they look, surprise most people could careless what you actually think an live happy lives based on what they enjoy so get over thinking you know someone else unless you actually know them.

I love these "I got a life, and no way you can have one since you are not me." types. They crack me up because they make having a life an succeeding at it sound like some grand thing that they should get a medal for, well sorry to tell ya having a life is pretty much the most basic thing an just like here you can't choose what constitutes a good life. Next time show your age and keep the insults and personal attacks out of it, as now your opinion an points are mute as they cann't stand up wihtout you focusing your attention on things you know nothing about.

Well, having a Scimitar and all Gold Gear in STO did not get me approved for that new car loan, did it?
    And thank you for agreeing with me. Based upon your post you have a life as well. Sounds like a decent one at that. Good on ya, Mate!

So why you are you in here defending the neckbeards?

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »

What really amuses me when people use the term "noobs" and then proceed to rip them to shreds is that they have obviously forgotten that every single player was new, inexperienced and prone to making mistakes at one time in their STO career.

Or, is there a secret facility somewhere which genetically engineers uber-gamers and sends them out into the internet to mock the inexperienced?

A fair question! =) My answer is this little place called DPSSnobs-R-Us.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    This thread has gone downhill waaaay too much.
    /Closed.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.