test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The mission reward Polaron Omni Beam blows.

It has a TRIBBLE proc and a TRIBBLE chance of a TRIBBLE proc. At VR it only has 2 mod [Arc] [Acc] so you're already behind the curve. I know that we often get docked a mod for weapon sets but I have to ask: why is that the case?

The proc rate should be at LEAST 5%. and 15% bleedthrough is hardly noticeable.

Yeah it's free and its part of a set. Otherwise it blows.

/just my opinion.
T93uSC8.jpg

Comments

• farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The two piece is easy get. Is losing a damage mod on an array worth 8 Aux?

Shield pen is of dubious worth if you're not going for a build that's trying to bypass shields from the start. Still, Beam Arrays with 360 arcs are worth it for that alone.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    apologies for my ignorance, but what mission/chain is this a reward for? I have a toon who has completed them all, I thought, and I don't remember seeing this...
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    apologies for my ignorance, but what mission/chain is this a reward for? I have a toon who has completed them all, I thought, and I don't remember seeing this...

Current FE, Times and Tide​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • meatiomeatio Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    farshore wrote: »
    The two piece is easy get. Is losing a damage mod on an array worth 8 Aux?

Shield pen is of dubious worth if you're not going for a build that's trying to bypass shields from the start. Still, Beam Arrays with 360 arcs are worth it for that alone.

Equipping three pieces of the set gives a nice bonus to exotic and energy weapons damage. When I equipped them in system space, they were +32% for exotic and +16% for energy weapons, however these bonuses are on an activated ability that is only on for 15 sec (30 sec with the four piece set) out of 2 minutes.

I'm not overly excited about the set bonuses or the loss of procs on the beam weapons either. However, another 360 beam is nice, and I am impressed with the tactical console; it is worth equipping even by itself.