test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question for the Mission 'Unexpected Friend'.

allfather777allfather777 Member Posts: 285 Arc User
Hi Sir,

I Have a Mission I Received from the Dyson Reputation called 'Unexpected Friend'. But I Didn't Complete this Mission right away, and now when I Come into the Bureau of Subcommander Kaol, he isn't there and his seat is empty ! Can someone please explain for what exactly the completion of this Mission rewards ? Is it entrance to the Next 'World' ? or maybe entrance to the next Tier of the Dyson Reputation ?

And is there a way to receive this invitation again from Subcommander Kaol if I Drop the Mission ? Because at this moment it's Bugged !

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Lord of Destruction
Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire

Comments

• Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    That mission rewards you a unique Voth bridge officer (he actually has a trait that's sometimes handy in ground combat.) I don't think it can be picked up again if dropped.

Anyway, it doesn't work quite the same way as other rep missions, IIRC you go to Kaol's office, but don't talk to him, and instead go to the door to the holo room (where you received secret messages from a Voth dissenter) view the cutscene, and then fly outside and need to find his shuttle, and that completes the mission.
  • Options
    hi sir,

And to where exactly I Fly outside please ? and where exactly can I Find his shuttle ? and where is the Holo Room on Dyson Joint Command ^please ? in the Subcommander Kaol's Office perhaps ?

thanks in advance for your answers !

Lord of Destruction
    Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I didn't do that mission in a while, but it should be exactly the same door object you used in all the previous Dyson reputation missions to view cutscenes. I couldn't find a video walkthrough, but this should work:

If you look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJR2eT8GNY (it's simply all those cutscene mission spliced together) starting at 10:34, you'd see why Kaol isn't at his desk, and a bit later the location of the shuttle.

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    If I remember right Unexpected friend is the Tier 1 mission. OP Whats your Dyson Tier?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    My Dyson Tier is Tier 2.

Lord of Destruction :smiley:
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    nebfab wrote: »
    That mission rewards you a unique Voth bridge officer (he actually has a trait that's sometimes handy in ground combat.) I don't think it can be picked up again if dropped.

Anyway, it doesn't work quite the same way as other rep missions, IIRC you go to Kaol's office, but don't talk to him, and instead go to the door to the holo room (where you received secret messages from a Voth dissenter) view the cutscene, and then fly outside and need to find his shuttle, and that completes the mission.

The version of the mission that has you fly out on the rescue mission is "Unsaid Thanks," the Tier 5 finale of the reputation's story chain. The rest of the answer above does pertain to what the OP is asking, though. You complete the mission by interacting with a glowing door in Kaol's office at the Dyson Sphere command building.

• Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    iirc, when you go to Kaol's office in Dyson Joint Command, there is a door at the far end (as mentioned previously) and to the left should be a console which allows you to access previous installments, you could try using this if it is "glowing"
  • Options
    Yea, I mixed those missions up, I'm really sorry. Was very sleepy when typing that.

The one I was talking about is Tier 5 mission. I don't remember how the first one actually goes (I just don't like Dyson sphere and try to keep out of it as much as possible, so I have Dyson rep on just one alt...) but I sort of remember that you need to talk to Kaol in that one, but he wasn't where I expected him to be.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    You *should* be able to find it under your "Available" tab if you dropped it.

Go to the door in Kaol's office and the console next to it should also give you the chance to replay the cutscenes.

Should.
    <3
  • Options
    Finally got around to grinding Dyson rep on another alt, and so far had no issue with finding Kaol.
    Did you manage to get it to work?