test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new to fundry

I was told that any kills made in foundry count for the accolades, I am trying to make one for fed players, to kill klingon rebels.
is this correct?
that said, how do i differentiate klingons and klingon rebels?
im very new to fundry.

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    There are two different NPC groups: Klingons, Fed-allied Klingons, and rogue Klingons. Just use the third one and they'll count.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    ah good, I thought you would have to actually assign a faction name to them or something like in the world builders in other games.
    how would i set it up that after killing all the klingons the game/mission ends?
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Pretty simple, you make mission objectives to kill each group of Klingons, and place them on the Storyline; when the player has used up all the objectives that are on the Storyline the mission ends. But if you don't know that, then you're probably in need of a look at the basic Foundry Walkthrough instructions or one of Kirkfat's Foundry Tutorial videos. These basic instructions are not as easy to find as they should be, though StarswordC's "Useful Links" thread at the top of this forum is a good place to start looking. Here they are:

Walkthrough page
    Kirkfat's YouTube channel - there's one called "Introduction to Star Trek Online's Foundry, part 1" near the top.
    After looking at those you should have a much better idea of how the Foundry basically works and what tools you have available to use. Good luck!
  • Options
    spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    cool thanks, i did do a quick search before but didnt find much useful info.
    is there a way to share missions before putting it in game?
  • Options
    theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    In order to share your mission, you have to publish it; however, if you are not ready to have the general public play it, put something like "Testing only. Please do not play or rate." in the mission description.

It's generally a good idea to publish your mission and test it that way, as a number of things change when it goes live; for example, the pathing for your NPC Groups isn't calculated until the mission is published.
  • Options
    lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Or you can make the test mission unfinishable f.e. by creating an interact with object with something the player can't reach (for example an object with Y=400). But there will still be a rating window when aborting the mission.
    You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg