test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are best tactical kit modules?

I am looking for some new kit modules. I like ambush, cryogenic grenade, and crystalline spike grenade. What other modules do you use?

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    I am looking for some new kit modules. I like ambush, cryogenic grenade, and crystalline spike grenade. What other modules do you use?

As a tactical officer, you obviously want stuff that'll boost damage overall. I personally like Plasma Grenades though, for that area coverage for damage.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    I like Motivation, Battle Strategies, Polaron Bombardment, Lunge, Ambush, Graviton Spike (as an alternative when using rapid fire weapons).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I use the Neutronic grenades and they're pretty potent. But plasma may be better.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    I use the Neutronic grenades and they're pretty potent. But plasma may be better.

Not really. Your BOffs will run through the plasma fire every damn chance they get to do that. You'll not have to rezz them too often because of it, but it tends to get me aggro'ed IRL due to clumsy AI.

Anyways, eff those plasma bombs. Word to the TRIBBLE.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    indyshark wrote: »

It depends a lot on your play style, for example I do like plasma grenades, but I wont use them for missions such as Infected ground, because they cause the Borg to scatter as they attempt to back away from the AoE effect (if you happen to have a science character that's running the Electro gravitic fields buffed by certain doff's then it doesn't prove too much of a problem). Which means the team that I normally run with that use Melee have to go chasing after them. Going back to play styles, what suits me in my preferred usually means getting killed if my fleet mate who's using a sword runs the same. So he'll switch out different modules to suit his build. It's always worth experimenting with new and different kit modules and maybe your ground doff's.

For example I recently trialed a kit module that provides a buff to both myself and the team as a whole, but the down side is it stops me from sprinting. So given the run and gun nature of the ground missions this made using that particular module a no go until the run issue addressed (And yes there's nothing in the description to state that it prevents characters from running).

It's one thing to have someone hand you a build and for you to copy and paste that, but because you've not developed that build yourself your not going to understand the underlying reasoning why those modules work together. For example I've given my build to a fleet mate, although it's a exact replica of mine, he hits for a lot less than I do. I took the time to look at the activation and duration times and worked out the best order in which to activate each power in turn should they all be available together. Or a might get a smaller grouping of those modules. Now I do have a couple of that are activated as soon as they come off cool down so given certain conditions they can be running with almost a constant up time.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I really love deadly intent (secondary fire cd reset on primary fire) and trajectory bending (you do flanking damage no matter where you shoot). Works great with rom navy set and plasma shotgun and/or romulan piercing rifle. For AoE attacks i use polaron bombardment and mass gravimetric detonation. Add some buffed AoE secondary fire to that and it will get you through nearly every pack of trash mobs on elite ground stfs. Not that effective agains borg or elachi tho. Sweeping strikes with biotech siphon, motivation and launge makes a good melee build esp if you use melee doffs, gambling device and 2pc undine rep set to boost your crit and dmg but imo melee builds become way less effective against mobile mobs. Still works great against borgs and nearly every boss out there and you won't even need a weapon most of the time.
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Graviton Spike is definitely amazing. It does AOE damage with practically no windup and it pulls enemies towards it, which is very nice if you can follow up with a grenade in time. I tend to have pretty poor luck catching enemies with grenades since the throwing motion is pretty long and either my Boffs have already killed the target or everything has moved by the time it goes off.

I also like Suppressing Fire, Battle Tactics, and Overwatch as things that help the whole party out. The Plasma Cascade module from "Uneasy Allies" is a universal module that can do a lot of damage if you're the type to charge in and draw fire.

By the way, some of the things people are mentioning come out of lockboxes. Don't feel you have to drop a lot of EC on something that may or may not work for you.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    ajalenajalen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Sweeping Strikes + Lunge = fun mode , make most Borg fights lot easier
    Cryo Grenades = any fight is a bit easier , because they slow ANY Npc in game

but ....use what u want , all tac modules are good , except Draw Fire of course .......

mzspQIG.jpg

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    The ones you can afford to buy.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    sqwished wrote: »
    It's one thing to have someone hand you a build and for you to copy and paste that, but because you've not developed that build yourself your not going to understand the underlying reasoning why those modules work together. For example I've given my build to a fleet mate, although it's a exact replica of mine, he hits for a lot less than I do. I took the time to look at the activation and duration times and worked out the best order in which to activate each power in turn should they all be available together. Or a might get a smaller grouping of those modules. Now I do have a couple of that are activated as soon as they come off cool down so given certain conditions they can be running with almost a constant up time.​​
    ^ This. I know some people turned nose on my build, without understanding how it works, and I was just like 'Don't, you have zero clues how it works'. Many people just copy-paste styles and builds, without inherently understanding what they're intended to accomplish or how they work.

Imho, when trying to get gear, the thing you should be thinking is 'What do I want to do? What my build/gearing is supposed to accomplish' & work down the line with this in mind. The whole mindset of 'What is the best' is just not the good way of thinking.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Rally Cry - Overwatch - Photonic Overcharge - Cryo Grenade - Chroniton Jolt (helps spam security team) - Crystalline Spike (switching it with overwatch)
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)