test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One guy shutting your service down sends me a loud and clear message

To not spend money or time on this game, or well, any of your games actually, since all of them get shut down - brilliant strategy by the way to tie all your games into one server- stellar IT I must say. Every time I come back... this issue forces me away. Again.

Fix it.

Comments

• Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    18 minutes to get to my first particle of the 3 I need for a daily.

Fail.
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    as much as I enjoy this game when I do play it, this is pretty true.. the service is pretty craptastic also hilarious/sad that as said, one pissed off guy can just cripple the servers... repeatidly at that
  • Options
    eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    To not spend money or time on this game, or well, any of your games actually, since all of them get shut down - brilliant strategy by the way to tie all your games into one server- stellar IT I must say. Every time I come back... this issue forces me away. Again.

Fix it.

You seem to think you know it all, fix it yourself...​​
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Fix it.

^^ This!

If PWE actually gave a d*mn
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Is "The Prick" at it again?
  • Options
    yohan#3393 yohan Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm frustrated right now but the team is too. Yeah, I put money on this game but I can always make more. I like this game too much to give up so, I ask that you guys don't either. Take care of this please.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter

Fix it.

Instead of venting at Cryptic because of some little TRIBBLE hat that's DDosing their servers. Try having a go at the guy that's doing it!​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    How am i going to play and not spend any money on said game if the game cannot be played?
    See the paradoxical nonsense here
  • Options

Fix it.

They can't. DDoS attacks are difficult, if not impossible, to deal with.

This little man-child has Cryptic/PWE by the balls on this one.

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    It's humorous to see the various insults people use to describe the person doing this, as if they think they can hurt his/her feelings :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Hrm. Well if thats the case then I guess theyre just TRIBBLE^ed. And so is the game. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
  • Options
    It's humorous to see the various insults people use to describe the person doing this, as if they think they can hurt his/her feelings :D

It's meant to be descriptive.

Personally, I don't give a f**k about his feelings, or those of his fanbois on twitter.

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Can I haz ur stuffs?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016

I don't really give two squirts and a holler about his feelings, but venting does make me feel better.
    o:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    aaawelp, I managed to get back in the game... let's see how long it lasts...
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »

I may not even bother. It's Friday. So, he may decide to go on a roll over the course of the night. Scumbags do love making up for lost time.

• Options
    edited February 2016

I may not even bother. It's Friday. So, he may decide to go on a roll over the course of the night. Scumbags do love making up for lost time.
    I'm also playing Vegas Solitaire, so if this game craps out, I've got a backup plan. LoL
    B)
  • Options
    yohan#3393 yohan Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    actually, I found that the dabo table still plays fine through this ordeal as long as you're not dropped from the server.

positive thinking.
  • Options

I'm also playing Vegas Solitaire, so if this game craps out, I've got a backup plan. LoL
    B)

Smart move.

I might dust off my console and play some Gran Turismo 6, since Battlefleet Gothic: Armada isn't out yet.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    There's no way that if this was pursued very aggressively they would not have tracked this person down by now and had him arrested. It would cost some hefty legal fees. I don't play at night so it really doesn't bother me. However, hearing about it now maybe at least 10 times I would think PWE would have hired a serious law firm with good government connections to put an end to the problem. It seems their strategy instead is to just suffer through it as it doesn't last very long and hope that the perpetrator tires of it. Maybe not a bad strategy in most cases. Most trolls would have tired of their game by now.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    If he's back at it... maybe he's pissed off this time because he didn't get the t6 defiant email...
  • Options
    tetonghost#5954 tetonghost Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Where's the link showing this evenings Cryptic server DDoS attack?
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I'll just create a small skinny character on WWE 2K16 and name it after this creep then send it to suplex city :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
      We're all venting because DDoS Prick is angering 3 communities with his dispute with Neverwinter. We here on the STO Forums seem to be a bit more vocal about it. I visited the Neverwinter forums and they don't explode as much as we do.

If he's at it again, batten down the hatches and ride it out.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
      Microsoft has their own cloud platform and server farm but can't keep Xbox Live from being taken offline by DDoS now and then, Same with Sony's PSN.

If it's reached the point for you that you don't want to play STO any more, that's your call (can I haz ur stuffs?). But it's ignorance to think that Cryptic is holding back on using some magic fix-it button just because they don't care.
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      Microsoft has their own cloud platform and server farm but can't keep Xbox Live from being taken offline by DDoS now and then, Same with Sony's PSN.

If it's reached the point for you that you don't want to play STO any more, that's your call (can I haz ur stuffs?). But it's ignorance to think that Cryptic is holding back on using some magic fix-it button just because they don't care.

Their servers techs must be thinking not this again
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
        I'd have to agree with @theraven2378
        They're just as frustrated as we are so no use getting angry at the people trying to fix it.
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      This discussion has been closed.