test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Kemocite Desaster

szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
Since this issue is now going into its second week without comment from Cryptic's side I would really like an official answer on this as well as increase awareness.

For people who don't know yet Kemocite has been nerfed into the ground and now does next to no damage anymore.

My questions are these:
1. Have you changed this intentionally?
2. If yes, is this change a permanent one and what was the reason for it?
3. If no, is there a fix being worked on?
4. Why haven't you informed the players?

Especially the fourth question is important since Kemocite manuals are still being sold for 100+ million EC on the exchange and obviously people who buy them are not aware that those are not worth that kind of money anymore.

Comments

• semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Nobody cared much when science got the nerfbat...why should I care that Tacs got one too? IMO it was long overdue (1 skills.should.nit boost dps by 40%) and I hope Alpha gets it next
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i suspect you already know that this wont be answered at any point. its best to ignore the kemocite until crryptic themselves get around to it, assuming they even care. when that day comes you can ask then.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Maybe they're still looking into it? There hasn't been any word on the bugged Paradox' starship trait yet either AFAIK, and most of the fixes today had to do with the episode so you shouldn't be too surprised that an ability that's a few months old now isn't fixed or investigated in less than one week.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I think people will still buy it for 100 mil+ Chase the dream.
    I got one copy during the lockbox replay for around 80. It has a bit of a punch with torpedo spread still I think. Maybe 20 million worth. But it's overly rare so the price will likely stay up over 80.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Maybe they're still looking into it? There hasn't been any word on the bugged Paradox' starship trait yet either AFAIK, and most of the fixes today had to do with the episode so you shouldn't be too surprised that an ability that's a few months old now isn't fixed or investigated in less than one week.

I don't expect a fix tomorrow. But I would like a statement like

"Yes we did this intentionally because..." or
    "No this is a bug that will get fixed in the future".

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in this.
    szim wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »

I don't expect a fix tomorrow. But I would like a statement like

"Yes we did this intentionally because..." or
    "No this is a bug that will get fixed in the future".

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in this.

No you're not unreasonable. Just saying that it probably has low priority, given that today's fixes were mostly Episode-related and that a bug related to the latest lobi-ship hasn't been acknowledged yet.
  • iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    Wasn't this always going to happen?
    Cryptic release a massively overpowered skill, but make it very hard to get. So lots and lots of people spend way too much cash/zen/dil/ec to buy them. So Cryptic makes a TRIBBLE load of cash from one lockbox.
    They don't nerf the skill while the lockbox is still going, even though everyone knows its stupidly OP.
    Then, after the lockbox is gone, after the hype has gone, after the cash intake is just normal instead of pouring in, then they nerf it. And they nerf the absolute TRIBBLE out of it, on multiple levels.
    They knew it was OP and needed to be nerfed, but there was no way they were doing it till after they made their money.
    Now all those that spent way too much cash on them are wondering why they aren't super overpowered anymore.
    Everyone knew this was coming, you had your OP spree, now everyone has to deal with it.

The funny thing is cryptic now knows people will buy the TRIBBLE out of a lockbox if there is something very very OP in it.
    So soon enough they will do it again. Release a new skill or trait that is crazy powerful. People will overbuy it, then once again complain when months later when the cash flow slows down, it gets nerfed.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Those skills and others really should be lobi items.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Since this issue is now going into its second week without comment from Cryptic's side I would really like an official answer on this as well as increase awareness.

For people who don't know yet Kemocite has been nerfed into the ground and now does next to no damage anymore.

My questions are these:
    1. Have you changed this intentionally?
    2. If yes, is this change a permanent one and what was the reason for it?
    3. If no, is there a fix being worked on?
    4. Why haven't you informed the players?

Especially the fourth question is important since Kemocite manuals are still being sold for 100+ million EC on the exchange and obviously people who buy them are not aware that those are not worth that kind of money anymore.

Did you miss the release notes from December? It was carefully done in the open and we ALL knew its day was coming:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9681823-star-trek-online:-release-notes:-december-3rd,-2015​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    iceeaglex wrote: »
    Cryptic release a massively overpowered skill, but make it very hard to get. So lots and lots of people spend way too much cash/zen/dil/ec to buy them. So Cryptic makes a TRIBBLE load of cash from one lockbox.
    They don't nerf the skill while the lockbox is still going, even though everyone knows its stupidly OP.
    Then, after the lockbox is gone, after the hype has gone, after the cash intake is just normal instead of pouring in, then they nerf it. And they nerf the absolute TRIBBLE out of it, on multiple levels.
    They knew it was OP and needed to be nerfed, but there was no way they were doing it till after they made their money.
    Now all those that spent way too much cash on them are wondering why they aren't super overpowered anymore.
    Everyone knew this was coming, you had your OP spree, now everyone has to deal with it.

The funny thing is cryptic now knows people will buy the TRIBBLE out of a lockbox if there is something very very OP in it.
    So soon enough they will do it again. Release a new skill or trait that is crazy powerful. People will overbuy it, then once again complain when months later when the cash flow slows down, it gets nerfed.

^^ 100% This!

And because PvP, a very small minority who just shouts real loud. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    What PvP!? Lol
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Meh...

I am just happy that the nerfbat is no longer exclusively picking on science.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

This guy get's it^^^^

Cryptic development 101..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited February 2016
    *Grabs popcorn and waits for the #Un-NerfMyKemo thread*

meimeitoo wrote: »

^^ 100% This!

And because PvP, a very small minority who just shouts real loud. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

It has nothing to do with PvP, as has been explained plenty of times. The ability wasn't performing as intended, so it was fixed. Ok, the fact that it appears to be next to useless now is more than fixing it, but that doesn't mean that the original intent of fixing KLW was wrong, nor do I think that the inclusion of the bug was part of a plan or anything.

Besides, and more importantly, there were also PvE'ers complaining in the various threads on KLW because this one ability, in combination with certain powers, allowed players to vaporise everything before they could lock their weapons.

You can keep blaming PvP'ers all you want, repeating the same nonsense over and over again doesn't make it the truth though. Things don't get fixed just because PvP'ers complain, no matter how much you keep telling yourself that. Like you said, PvP plays almost no role in the game, so even suggesting that it's PvP'ers who are to blame for nerfs is just... lame.
    And no, I don't PvP.
    >. < useless compared to what? Your mad cause your ensign level skill isn't adding 10k dps anymore? If you don't think that's worthy of a nerf and they need to rebuff it to that level again then I WANT my TBR and GW damage tripled!

• khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Well it was fun while it lasted. it wasn't all that unexpected :P
    semalda226 wrote: »
    >. < useless compared to what? Your mad cause your ensign level skill isn't adding 10k dps anymore? If you don't think that's worthy of a nerf and they need to rebuff it to that level again then I WANT my TBR and GW damage tripled!

Well apparantly it's next to useless now. I never used it, but someone posted a parse a couple of days ago here on the Forum.
    edited February 2016
    That showed a half of the damage with a 3rd of the hits compared to the first parse....

That showed a half of the damage with a 3rd of the hits compared to the first parse....

Yeah so it hits less often and it does less damage when it hits. Which is a good thing. Maybe not 'next to useless' though, you may be right there. I guess I chose those words because they seem to represent the feelings of those who do use KLW...

Anyway, the core of my earlier post was that it's contradictory to state that no one PvP's anymore and then to blame PvP'ers for fixes that were clearly needed. The latter being something we seem to agree on, so I'm not sure why we're arguing :p
    edited February 2016
    Oh not arguing just pointing out his parse was biased. If he had the same hits and less damage yes that would indicate a nerf. But he fired 1/3 of the shots of his 1st parse got about 1/4 of the Procs and half the damage. I don't see a nerf there...just bad RNG luck if anything.

Oh not arguing just pointing out his parse was biased. If he had the same hits and less damage yes that would indicate a nerf. But he fired 1/3 of the shots of his 1st parse got about 1/4 of the Procs and half the damage. I don't see a nerf there...just bad RNG luck if anything.

So... are you saying that it has yet to be nerfed? Any proposals how you would do that? :D

*Braces for impact*
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    1st "nerf" was after Kemo 1 worked like Kemo 3 (if you had both)
    2nd "nerf" was after combination kemo+spread+neutronic done insane damage loop

Compare kemo with f.e. focused assault, kemo is still better but now not too much. I understand why dps exploiters are angry, but it is only game. And we know 3 months, it's coming.
    If you do not want Kemo , I 'll take that for a reasonable price , say 20 M

No more "funny" videos CCA for 30 sec with 300k DPS...
  • semalda226 wrote: »

Sure go ahead and call me biased, its not like there is a ton of other parsing players out there that can show you that KLW is indeed proccing less then it was before, but thats actually totally besides the point i was trying to make on my Original thread where i showed those snapshots of 2 parses.

The point i tried to make, and that point still stands, is that it seems to be bugged, bugged in that regard that KLW is not affected by Flanking anymore and that it doesnt Crit anymore.

Nobody (atleast when he knows about previous KLW bugs) disputes that it did Proc too much, and that it has gotten a fix now.

But just like the OP of this thread i sure would like to have some answer to those issues and if they were intentional or just a Bug, and if or not they will be fixed.

Not like that is too much to ask for.

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Double post.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I paid a ridiculous amount for KLW1 and I'm happy with the nerf. The skill was overpowered. People whining about it need to adapt and move on.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I paid a ridiculous amount for KLW1 and I'm happy with the nerf. The skill was overpowered. People whining about it need to adapt and move on.

Yawn. This mantra is getting old.

All y'all don't get it: a nerf (or 'fix', or whatever) is not that bad per se; but what happens is, that Bort then does what he always does: go completely overboard and outright kills the ability. And that's just lame.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

But just like the OP of this thread i sure would like to have some answer to those issues and if they were intentional or just a Bug, and if or not they will be fixed.

Not like that is too much to ask for.

Understandable and agreed. Given how much people spend on these things, such information should be given. But like I said earlier, there hasn't been any information on a bug that's affecting the latest lobi ship either and such things, together with the anniversary related issues, will likely be taken care of first.