test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good morning! Your SSL certificate has expired.

The certificate for crypticspace.com is no longer valid, generating error messages for xml connections.

Fingerprint of the certificate: 79:85:87:19:b4:f9:3d:79:d7:96:27:22:ca:18:a4:3a:03:23:31:2c

Expiration Date: Sun Jan 17 22:34:07 2016
Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.

Comments

• trailturtletrailturtle Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58
    Thanks for the report -- I checked with the Cryptic guys, they've got an email thread going.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Before you could tell Pidgin to ignore the error - for me at least, it's outright refusing to let me connect.

"Certificate for crypticspace.com could not be validated. The certificate chain presented is invalid."
    "SSL peer presented an invalid certificate."

The weird part is that not everyone is getting this error. And yes, I still have an active sub to a game.

Can someone please pay the bill to get it renewed?​​
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gravefatal1tygravefatal1ty Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Any updates on this. Decided to check with support and they say they aren't aware of the issue.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    With chat outright broken now today, I have a feeling that Cryptic not paying their bill has come to bite them in the rear as now in game chat is completely dead (as in game and external chat use the same server).

Nice work, Cryptic!​​
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Any news about this? pidgin is essential, but at the moment it is not very reliable.
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited February 2016
    Is there any update on this? XMPP clients are still unable to connect to the chat server if they cannot bypass the expired SSL certificate. It's been almost two weeks since the certificate expired, surely someone could have renewed the SSL certificate and installed it by now.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio