test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quality of life change suggestions for Hanger and separation pets.

asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
Was playing using a hanger and separation pet using ship today, and found afew things pass thru my mind, as little annoying things kept poping up while i played. Than several Ideas came to mind how to improve the hanger an separation pet system, alongside the UI, with afew that were more on improving the pet's themselves via sacrificing some of the main-ship's power thru a change in consoles that would give a split of the buff gained between the main-ship an hanger/separation pets (this would be for another thread in a different section though.). The two that i think fit in this section being ideas to improve or implement some quality of life additions to relieve some of the frustration in using these pets in the current state they are in Would lvoe to hear some feed-back from both other players, and Devs possibly on what they think of these an if we might see them implemented at some point. With the addition of the carrier i think a change to how pets are done would be a good idea to roll/fallow-up with it.
  • UI change: Now for me this is a change that would be two fold, as it would improve both the separation-pets alongside the hanger-pets. Now what i would do is implement separation-pets into the hanger-pet UI as than we can much easier know where an how it is doing, without taking the tedious time to place it as a focus-target that could be used on someone better. Than the second part is taking the already implemented an quite better ground-based boff UI system an apply this system, or aspects from this system, to the space-based Hanger-pet system allowing us more ability to micro-manage an control our pets more than the current hanger-pet UI allows. Reason this would be nice is that it would allow us to be rewarded for effective use of the system, also allowing us to help keep the fragile hanger-pet from dying so easy.
  • Attack patterns/weapon load-outs: Now this is kinda weird in that both beam array an cannon using pets will circle a target, which is more advantageous to the beam array using pet. As such i would not mind if we had either a Ui that allows us to determine the attack-pattern that your pets use with each being more or less effective for different weapon types, such as circling is good for beam arrays an single cannon yet a figure eight pattern is more useful on a dual cannon an dual beam bank using pet, This change would just make both type of weapon using pets more effective by using the corresponding effective attack-pattern with them, while also making it that beam pets are not going to be so far ahead because of just so much longer periods of firing on the target. The second is being able to choose using just beam or cannon type weapons on your pets even a mini-UI that you can equip them with the weapons you want them to use.