test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 192: "No holes picked!"

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 192: "No holes picked!" has been published on Holosuite Media, you can download and stream it from: http://bit.ly/1SCkbOx

Captain MidNite Shadow discusses all the news from Star Trek Online and Star Trek with the crew of the USS Tribble where this week we discuss:
  • Lifetime Subscription Sale,
  • Dilithium Weekend Event,
  • Mirror Invasion Event,
  • Sunrise Rewards – Week 2,
  • Fleet Projects Rerun,
  • Dry Dock on Tribble,
  • TV Show Giveaway,
  • New Star Trek Series coming in January 2017 from CBS,
  • Petition to "Cancel the New Star CBS Star Trek Series Now!",
  • New Tier 6 Defiant,
  • the new Role Playing Blog,
  • Chase Masterson Interview,
  • STO Release Notes,
  • Internity,
  • 5th Passenger,
  • Star Trek Renegades,
  • Star Trek: Captain Pike,
  • OzTrek 12,
  • and more!

Please help friend of the show and fellow Star Trek Online player and podcaster Mav with donations to support his recovery with his current health situation here: http://www.gofundme.com/tomsrecovery.

Comments

• alex1geralex1ger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Fasten your seatbelts, next week's feedback is gonna get ugly.

I thought it would be nice to give you a warning in advance... Now back to the show at hand.

My comments during the show:
    Yes, most of them were refering to something that had been talked about a couple of minutes before. Like that statement about possible compensation? That was indeed referring to the mac client issues.
    And the "buy a Fed ship to get KDF/Rom admiralty cards"? That was in response to MidNite's suggestion about admiralty cards for KDF/Rom whenever a Fed ship gets released. I mean, you cannot bundle them, because it would "force" them to buy a ship they won't use just to get the cards. But if you just give every KDF/Rom those cards and the Feds have to buy the ship to get the card... Doesn't sound too fair, either.

New Star Trek series:
    Like I said during the show, as long as you keep Kurtzman as far away from the scripts as possible, it might work. I'm just wondering how/when non-US citizens will get access to it.

Utopia Planitia roleplaying blog #3:
    I didn't say anything during the show and frankly, I don't really know what to say now. I'm not too fond of it. Too many little tidbits that just threw me off.

"Fan productions":
    Okay, since the Horizon trailer didn't look too bad, I decided to watch a few more trailers.

Star Trek: Captain Pike
    I'm not sure what's the problem, but something didn't feel right. Maybe another trailer will do the job.

Internity
    Oh boy, where do I even begin? I watched two of their promos. That humor is not for me. I mean, I think it was supposed to be humorous, but uhm... yeah. Or rather no. And they kept talking about how this would be a great show with characters that have never been seen before. Okay... Maybe you should not have introduced it as "Scrubs met ER and they went to ComicCon together".
    Because all I saw afterwards was: Okay, that guy is clearly JD. I mean he is even supposed to have "flashbacks"... And he is just as much of a pain in the neck as JD. How is this original?
    And that guy is probably Dr. Cox. Man, I haven't watched Scrubs in ages... Maybe because I really hated JD.

I don't think their promos should have evoked those feelings. Yet they did. Good luck, but I'm really not impressed. You know, it might have been better if they had acted out a scene from the script. Sure, they don't have the sets and all that, but a taste of their show would have been way more interesting to me than... whatever this was supposed to be. O_o

Post War Roleplaying Blog #3:
    I admit, I didn't watch Enterprise. I mean, an episode here and there, but not the whole thing. So... nice blog, I guess?

Season 11 content:
    I really like the admiralty system (although science requirements of 150+ are really challenging...).

Cardassian arc:
    Well, definitely way better than before. I mean, this whole "True Way + Alpha Jem'Hadar + Alpha Changelings (+Laas) + Mirror Universe" mumbo jumbo is still hard to swallow, but the presentation is so much better now.
    Btw. unique looking cardassians. When WoW upgrades an NPC species to look better, guess what happens "soon" after...

Which brings me to my upcoming rant... Play the cardassian story arc as much as you like. And then listen. Listen to the voices. Listen carefully. And then tell me how many female characters that have at least one spoken line in this arc are voiced by the person that already did: T'Nae/Taris/M'Tara (I only noticed it on Iconia during Midnight, the rest of the time the voice modulation was much stronger)/that bajoran ship thief on Paris' task force/a few more people.

Can you guess where I'm going with this? Yes, voice acting. I want you to think about some of your favorite games/animated shows/dubbed movies, etc. About good voice acting, bad voice acting and what either does to you/your enjoyment of the product.

Next feedback, I will go on a rant about voice actors/voice acting. Be afraid, be very afraid.

PS: And I forgot to mention the news about the retirement of Q's glossy autograph thingies. Maybe because it's the same thing that happened before the summer event. So who's surprised? Because I'm not.
    And I'll go one step beyond: I foresee that something terrible will happen to anniversary Qmendations. :p