test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DS9 beam in issues NEED FIX URGENT

borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
Cryptic ever since Season 11 the load in times for beaming down to DS9 are become a joke
its taking minutes to load in, on any character
please fix ASAP! :/:#
Sto%20Final.png

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It's not just DS9, it's everywhere. Would also be nice to get rid of the double loading screen that's existed since season 10.
  • vesyndaivesyndai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I've experienced loading times in excess of 10 minutes for ESD and DS9, when beaming down from the system map to the ground map.
  • tfcivtfciv Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Click the button at the top right of the loading screen or otherwise make the game into windowed mode when you get the stall, fixes the stall at the loading screen for me.
  • goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    tfciv wrote: »
    Click the button at the top right of the loading screen or otherwise make the game into windowed mode when you get the stall, fixes the stall at the loading screen for me.

Thank you! I had been in the loading screen for over 20 minutes when I came here looking to report. Your suggestion worked immediately.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    I try this, doesn't always work.
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    sov42 wrote: »
    It's not just DS9, it's everywhere. Would also be nice to get rid of the double loading screen that's existed since season 10.

The double load on social zones has definitively been an annoyance since S10. Add in the map transition freeze that started a couple of weeks before S11 and it's a pain.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Shameful comments removed by me. Hate it when i post and angry at the same time.
    Post edited by tarran61 on
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    It also takes forever to login at ESD in windowed or full screen mode.
  • tfcivtfciv Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Just to clarify my solution in more detail, it's not being in fullscreen or windowed mode, it's the act of changing to one or the other during the stall that moves it along. For me anyways.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    For me that crashes the application no matter where I am going when the load screen stalls.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • rectiirectii Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I suspect it's the new mission requiring us to goto DS9...I've had 20 minutes waits, but only on DS9. Prolly a quarter of a million people trying to get into DS9 at the same time...hoping it clears up as more and more people get that mission completed...
    The Game itself is nothing. The playing of it...? Everything !!
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    This problem is more apparent to DS9. We never had these issues the last DS9 was a focal point for a featured episode arc. What's the deal here?
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    The stall IMO, seems like it tries to drop a player in an already full instance, than just forgets it did this as usually for me, the game client becomes unresponsive according to the task manager!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I think it might be a graphics issue. I can't access my main computer for now and was using an old laptop. It's strong enough to run STO, but barely. It gives me a warning about needing to use the lowest possible setting, so I allowed it to do that.

To my shock, all of the zones that have been having loading problems - DS9, ESD, and New Romulus Staging Area (the absolute worst of the lot) - are having no issues at all. Everything loads perfectly fine, although obviously it looks pixelated.
    I think it might be a graphics issue. I can't access my main computer for now and was using an old laptop. It's strong enough to run STO, but barely. It gives me a warning about needing to use the lowest possible setting, so I allowed it to do that.

To my shock, all of the zones that have been having loading problems - DS9, ESD, and New Romulus Staging Area (the absolute worst of the lot) - are having no issues at all. Everything loads perfectly fine, although obviously it looks pixelated.

People have already tested dropping to the lowest settings. It doesn't fix anything. This problem is entirely on cryptic's end.
    edited November 2015

People have already tested dropping to the lowest settings. It doesn't fix anything. This problem is entirely on cryptic's end.

I'm on the lowest possible setting, and it's completely resolved. When starting up, it says that driver doesn't meet system recommendations and asks if I want to start with lowered settings. Doing that has completely resolved the load time issues on my end.

Edit: I suppose I could now be below the lowest, if you're talking about just in game settings. I have no idea exactly what settings that warning applies.
    Post edited by blazeritter on

I'm on the lowest possible setting, and it's completely resolved. When starting up, it says that driver doesn't meet system recommendations and asks if I want to start with lowered settings. Doing that has completely resolved the load time issues on my end.

Edit: I suppose I could now be below the lowest, if you're talking about just in game settings. I have no idea exactly what settings that warning applies.

What we're talking about isn't a graphics issue. For example, my system specs are well above the recommended specs for the game and I shouldn't be having any loading or FPS issues. I only started experiencing problems when season 10.5 launched. No amount of fiddling with in-game settings fixes the issue. It only got worse when season 11 launched.

It's already been confirmed by a bug-hunter in another thread, anyway, so at least it's hopefully going to get on the ever-growing to-do list.
    edited November 2015
    What we're talking about isn't a graphics issue. For example, my system specs are well above the recommended specs for the game and I shouldn't be having any loading or FPS issues. I only started experiencing problems when season 10.5 launched. No amount of fiddling with in-game settings fixes the issue. It only got worse when season 11 launched.

It's already been confirmed by a bug-hunter in another thread, anyway, so at least it's hopefully going to get on the ever-growing to-do list.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying, which means others probably aren't either. In the hopes that this will be helpful to whomever has to actually try to fix this, I'll try to explain better.

I'm not (at least explicitly) doing anything with in-game settings. I'm getting messages from Windows XP on trying to load, and letting the computer reset with it's own "lowered settings."

Like a lot of people here probably, I have a top of the line computer with all the bells and whistles. No matter what I do, I have extremely long load times on that computer in certain areas - DS9, ESD, and New Romulus adventure zone (not embassy or command center).

While I'm recovering from surgery, I can't access that computer and decided to see if I could kill time with STO on a 10-yr old laptop. To my amazement, it actually runs, but before the game even loads XP gives me a warning about failing to meet system specs:

Fm5UDK3.jpg

When I click "Yes, with lowered settings" I get in game just fine, and all of those problem zones load without the lag times. I've tried this multiple times, on multiple days, with multiple characters. The game looks crummy and pixelated, but I can get in and out of everywhere with no issues (save the double load screen that pops up for about 5 seconds). I finally managed to turn in those stupid eppohs I've been collecting.
    When I click "Yes, with lowered settings" I get in game just fine, and all of those problem zones load without the lag times. I've tried this multiple times, on multiple days, with multiple characters. The game looks crummy and pixelated, but I can get in and out of everywhere with no issues (save the double load screen that pops up for about 5 seconds). I finally managed to turn in those stupid eppohs I've been collecting.

There-in lies my point. One shouldn't have to run the game on TRIBBLE settings for it to actually work properly. From what I gather, from so many other similar problems, it's probably related to Direct X 11 and STO's incompatibility with it. They're using an antiquated engine for the game that just wasn't meant to work well with DX11. The problem isn't with our systems, it's with cryptic's programming.
  • maelstromvortexmaelstromvortex Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    It also may be related to Cryptic's proxies. See my tracert from the white screen thread. 800 MS ping on the last hop to the proxy. Try changing proxies and see if it helps any.
    One shouldn't have to run the game on TRIBBLE settings for it to actually work properly.

And there I will 100% agree with you. What's the point of beautiful maps and retextures if loading them locks you out of key areas of the game?
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Been having this too and it is increasingly frustrating. Heck I posted about this back when the bug reared its ugly head; and of course now its practically showstopper-status.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    huh I just disabled on demand update and now it's loading 3.5 g of files
    Spock.jpg

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    this is extremely frustrating
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    Problem still exists. If I remember correctly we had the same issue with DS9 the last time there was an end-game story arc centered there (Omega gear). There simply aren't enough instances of DS9 to support the demand.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    instances are automatically created as needed. That's not the problem.

• knightnbluknightnblu Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    This is a very annoying problem. DS9 is now like a trap ever since they revamped the Cardassian missions. You go there to pick them up because you were force fed them and then you are trapped waiting on the load screen from hell. When will this be fixed?
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User

I'm lead to believe there are a limited number of instances that can be created for each map. Numbers are high for places like ESD or special events, but numbers are low for other maps, like fleet bases. This is why you often have to wait a few moments for a fleet base map to load, the server is literally waiting for an instance to close before it can open one for you.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    dsaris wrote: »

I'm lead to believe there are a limited number of instances that can be created for each map. Numbers are high for places like ESD or special events, but numbers are low for other maps, like fleet bases. This is why you often have to wait a few moments for a fleet base map to load, the server is literally waiting for an instance to close before it can open one for you.

You would think this, but many zones have had as many as 100+ instances, so unless they limit certain ones whiles others are virtually infinite, would seem pretty lame IMO.

Personally, I just think it is a communication issue between the player(s), and the server when under heavy loads!

Basically a server diregarding people at times, so it can deal with other issues at hand!
    Post edited by shadowwraith77 on
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I agree that this needs a fix ASAP.
    Waiting for DS9 to load since 10mins as I type this...

Edit: It also happens on occasion with other maps too. Stuck in K7 loading screen ATM.
    Post edited by sf911 on