test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which Klingon and Romulan Voice Actors would you want to see in STO?

staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
For understandable reasons, most of the voice actor focus has been on the Trek principles - which tends to mean Feds :). The obvious exceptions have been Michael Dorn and Denise Crosby, but it got me thinking who else would be a great Klingon guest star. We've seem supporting actors from various series used to great effect, so why not? A couple of names popped into my head:

Brian Thompson - Klag
(TNG: A Matter of Honour). Klag is memorable as one of the first Klingons to be portrayed sympathetically, and will be well-known to fans of the Pocket Books novels as the hero of the IKS Gorkon series. He's even in-game as the commander of Ganalda station. As a Klingon commander with a track record of empathy for humans, he'd be an ideal character for a cross-faction FE - you could even tie it into the Gorkon's role as a Klingon exploration ship. Thompson went on to play many other roles in Trek and has done conventions in more recent years, so he might be persuaded to play the part again.

Tony Todd - Kurn / Rodek - Worf's brother, Kurn, was portrayed by horror icon Tony Todd. Kurn survived his DS9 appearance, albeit under an implanted identity, and could easily reappear under either name. Todd's formidable, menacing voice would be a great addition. Ordinarily I'd say he was too big-league for STO, but he's already reprised Kurn for a game (Klingon Honour Guard) and is involved in the fan-film Axanar. So again, maybe a deal could be cut.

So who else would you like to see?

Comments

• Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    If he was still alive, Andreas Katsulas as Tomalak would be wonderful. Carolyn Seymour as Taris or Toreth would be welcome as well.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Heh, I think you covered my favorite voice actors already in your op. A third one would be J.G. Herzler.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    graleron wrote: »
    If he was still alive, Andreas Katsulas as Tomalak would be wonderful. Carolyn Seymour as Taris or Toreth would be welcome as well.

Had no idea Tomalak was dead. RIP. :(
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Yes Andreas Katsulas was awesome. I was sad when he passed. He played one of my favorite characters on Babylon 5! G'Kar!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    I second Tony Todd. Great voice.

Two of the most memorable Romulan actors I'd love to hear in STO are Stephen McHattie (Senator Vreenak, the feller in my avatar there), and John Fleck (Koval).
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Fun fact, many of the Bab 5 actors all died by the age of 60. (ok maybe its not a "fun" fact but its still fact)
    zack allen, gkar, Sinclair, dr franklin, zathras..(the shadow wars was hell on them apparently)

I would like to get the Klingon restaurant owner from ds9, for ds9, just random chattering in a hopeful map revamp.
    also, Dina Meyer she doesn't have to play Donatra she could be any other Romulan and im ok with that,

Id also like Laura Bailey, (im still pretty sure that is her that redid vanzyl in the last fe that had her in it) her voice acting is top notch from Blood Rayne to Kira Carsen. She could do any Klingon or Romulan npc work. (yes shes not been on trek, that's ok, she is still amazing vo work)

tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Wow, I never realised B5 was so jinxed...

I did think about J G Hertzler (Martok) and Robert Reilly (Gowron) - apparently they still do convention appearances in costume! - but from an STO perspective their character are a bit, well, dead. Would be great to have them in some sort of role though...

And yeah, Andreas Katsulas was outstanding. G'kar would be a great model for a more spiritual Klingon.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    Would be cool to have the Dahar Masters from DS9. But I think all 3 actors have passed on.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    how about another round of crosby? she's always fun, especially with the dialogue you can't skip.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Would be cool to have the Dahar Masters from DS9. But I think all 3 actors have passed on.

You are right .

Michael Ansara who played "Kang" died July 31, 2013 (aged 91).

William Campbell who played "Koloth" died April 28, 2011 (aged 87).

John Colicos who played "Kor" died March 6, 2000 (aged 71).

We were very lucky to have all three reprise their roles in Deep Space Nine and if I had one wish it would have been to have had Michael Dorn or even J. G. Hertzler who played "Martok" over Jadzia Dax, making it a Klingon only tale. But of course neither of the two actors were in DS9 (although I wonder if at least Michael Dorn was contacted to make a guest appearance for that episode, I guess we'll never know) so they probably had Dax there to move the story along.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    yes, its a real shame that the kang kor and koloth actors have gone to sto'va'kor R.I.P.​​
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    - Joanne Linville, the Romulan Commander from TOS "The Enterprise Incident" (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0513269/). If they could bring her in for anything, that would be straight-up awesome.

- Dina Meyer as Donatra, maybe in a plot where we're able to liberate her from the Borg. That would lead into a very interesting political situation in the Republic, and I'd love to hear her and D'Tan in a bunch of cutscenes.

- John Snyder as Bochra, given that he was one of the first Romulans to get real experience with, and seemingly appreciation for, Humans. I'd like to see what role he might play in 2410. "I have given them no information, Commander, but I have not been mistreated. In fact, this Human saved my life."

- Martha Hackett as T'Rul would be interesting, given her character's one-off appearance as the 'guard' of the Defiant's cloak-on-loan. I'd think she could've played a role in helping the Federation do cloaks on the Intel ships, and could be brought in for that capacity if / when Intel ships are featured as key in a New Dawn-era mission (Note: she also played Seska in Voyager).

- Maurice Roëves, as the unnamed Romulan Captain in TNG "The Chase." He was the one who contacted Picard after finding out most Alpha/Beta Quadrant races were genetically linked, saying "It would seem that we are not completely dissimilar after all; in our hopes, or in our fears." I can only imagine he's a leader in the RRF right next to Kererek, or a Republic diplomat to the Federation.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Carolyn Seymour who played "Toreth" and "Taris" in The Next Generation as a Romulan .
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind seeing Jeffery Combs. I loved his work as the Vorta on DS9 and the Andorian on Enterprise.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    I've wanted J.G. Hertzler back ever since I heard they got Micheal Dorn (which was about the time I started playing) and figured, "Hey, if they can get Micheal Dorn, surely they can get J.G. Hertzler!" It would seem I was mistaken. Even with Martok gone, another of his roles--Laas--is already in the game, and has been since before Season 8.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Vaughn Armstrong
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mintydogmintydog Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I know he's dead but I'd have loved Andreas Katsulas, aka Tomalok, to have been in it. He's brilliant.
    And of course J. G. Hertzler who played Martok in DS9.
    sirmayday wrote: »
    I've wanted J.G. Hertzler back ever since I heard they got Micheal Dorn (which was about the time I started playing) and figured, "Hey, if they can get Micheal Dorn, surely they can get J.G. Hertzler!" It would seem I was mistaken. Even with Martok gone, another of his roles--Laas--is already in the game, and has been since before Season 8.

wow. I never knew he was Laas. Don't think i've played much of Seaosn 8, or any really as Im quite far behind, so I've not met Laas in the game yet. But we need Martok back with his one eye, he was brilliant.

And Robert O'Riely who played Gowron (yes i know Worf killed him, but still, a hologram at least). But I doubt they have the ability in the game to make him do that thing with his eyes.

I'd also like to have Carolyn Seymour as Subcommander Taris again, or just any Romulan. She's evil in any role she plays.

And I know it's almost cheating but I'd like Marc Alaimo to be a Romulan again. Since he played the first ever Romulan on TNG :)

Oh and just for fun
    romulan-vreenak.jpg
    "It's a FAAAAAAAKE!"
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    Not a Klink or Rommie but, it would be cool to have Harris Yulin portray another Cardie, since he did such an amazing job as the fake Gul Darhe'el.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    farmallm wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing Jeffery Combs. I loved his work as the Vorta on DS9 and the Andorian on Enterprise.

Hear hear. The man was great in those roles. Brunt, not so much.
  • Options
    khreg wrote: »
    farmallm wrote: »

Hear hear. The man was great in those roles. Brunt, not so much.

Love Jeffrey Combs, as you can tell from my avatar! Weyoun is brilliant. Love it when he drinks the poison on DS9.
    Liquidator Brunt was good too. He was great as Shran on Enteprise too. He also played Tiron. The perverted alien who wanted a holoprogram of Major Kira.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    No love for the guy who played Antaak? Or for Christopher Lloyd (who played Kruge)?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Martok is THE Klingon we need him.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    In the current Romulon story there aren't really any Romulon characters that make sense.
  • Options
    mintydog wrote: »

And Robert O'Riely who played Gowron (yes i know Worf killed him, but still, a hologram at least). But I doubt they have the ability in the game to make him do that thing with his eyes.

Hell yeah ! Those googly eyes was the funniest thing about Gowron!
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm sure someone explained upthread that in the twisted pseudo-canon ST:O universe, J.G. Hertzlers character is dead. Perhaps he can voice a hirogen again! lol

We could get the various Alexanders to reprise their roles? Or are they dead, too?

How about a Mirror Key'lar (sp) - Worf's lover and Alexanders mum - I know Plaxon aint doing TRIBBLE...
    samt1996 wrote: »
    In the current Romulon story there aren't really any Romulon characters that make sense.

I vote for a Mirror Vreenak. I would pay REAL cash for him to say "It's REAL!!!!'
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    let me add what would be very cool for a klingon voice character, James Earl Jones! use him as narrator.

we need him pretty soon, he getting pretty old, might not able to travel far, recording team may have to travel and ask for permit to record his voice at his home or nearest studio in the area.
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    wylonus wrote: »
    let me add what would be very cool for a klingon voice character, James Earl Jones! use him as narrator.

"The Rebels (read House Torg) will not leave this system alive."
  • Options
    wylonus wrote: »

we need him pretty soon, he getting pretty old, might not able to travel far, recording team may have to travel and ask for permit to record his voice at his home or nearest studio in the area.

Agreed. James Earl Jones has a quality voice. Have him as a Romulan and you immediately distrust him becaues of his voice.
    Also yeah Kor was good, it's a shame he's gone. And slightly off topic, I was watching ToS last week and never knew that Kor was the same actor and character in one of the episodes there too, when the Klingons tried to take over some peaceful planet, I only ever knew him from DS9.

I know another Klingon I'd like to see. Captain Nu'Daq played by John Cothran. You probably won't recognise his name but you will recognise what he said "Biscuits? If that's what you believe, then go back to Cardassia, I will send you my mother's recipe."
    haha, always makes me laugh.

And the last one is Ron Canada. He played Ch'Pok in the DS9 episode Rules of Engagement. trying to set Worf up for destroying a Klingon ship. He's got a good voice.