test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About the power creepy stuff in the new Herald Lock Box:

peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
Anybody found anything?

No Recluse, no Inspirational Leader, no Plasmonic Leech, no Invincibility and no… Kemocite.

From first look the new Box appears to be what it is. A cool release with some interesting but hardly any game breaking or controversial stuff in it.

What do you guys think?

- Has Cryptic learned from past releases?
- Am I missing something?
- How do you like the new stuff and what do you plan on getting?

Please discuss and thanks for participating in advance. :)

Edit: Feel also free to include the new lobi stuff in the discussion.
animated.gif
Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
felisean wrote: »
teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
Post edited by peterconnorfirst on

Comments

• bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I don't know, the self-modulating shots trait is pretty awesome.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    I consider the vonph dreadnought as the one special item, especially since I haven't seen any on the exchange yesterday. Not sure how that will change in the future though but I guess that ship will remain pretty expensive, no matter what..
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Perhaps it's too early to tell. The community will need time to play with all the new toys and figure out what works with what.

I think all the Herald stuff looks silly (in my personal opinion) - looks more like something Jyggalag cooked up. So I don't plan to get anything, but to each their own.

Those free T5 ships were a very nice surprise however, so kudos to Cryptic for that.​​
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Like a romulan they just want you to think you are safe before they strike...
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Give it time....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I do love the probes...they're great fun.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    It's not in the lockbox but that new staff weapon on the lobi store looks insane, tried it out on Tribble and was beating the Changeling in Jabberwocky with ease, the cardies in the bad lands episode fell like bowling pins before an away team armed with them, I put them on a level 55 captain on holodeck and got the same result. That's a little power creepy, especially as I used the undine weapon on Midnight and got great results with that. And, yes, the staff works better.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    It's not in the lockbox but that new staff weapon on the lobi store looks insane, tried it out on Tribble and was beating the Changeling in Jabberwocky with ease, the cardies in the bad lands episode fell like bowling pins before an away team armed with them, I put them on a level 55 captain on holodeck and got the same result. That's a little power creepy, especially as I used the undine weapon on Midnight and got great results with that. And, yes, the staff works better.

Yea I had one pug with that thingy in the new ground queue yesterday. :)

Of course bring up new lobi stuff as well for this discussion. I was lazy not to ad it to the OP.
    animated.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Give it time....

Yeah.

And a 5/1 Raider is a new extreme we haven't seen before. Of course, since we have 5/3 ships it might seem irrelevant. But it's a ship that has a commander Tac and the rest of the slots are all universal - which is pretty much how probably anyone in the game would build an all-universal slots Bird of Prey, too.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Give it time....

This. I have no doubt that once the BFAW brigade optimise these ships for their preferred playstyle we'll be hearing about big DPS numbers.

Yeah, probably.
    Haven't seen the herald AP weapons as of now but a proc that enhances weapon damage for a couple seconds sounds pretty powerful, especially if it also buffs crits even more.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    There's lots of power creep in the new season, not just the box.
    Already heard some early reviews on the new Antiproton weapons in the DPS channel (someone already had epic versions of the beams :/ - must be nice to be space rich) his remark after posting the epic weapon - "These are so OP" - I believe it.

Seems like from what little I've actually looked at, there's a lot of +DMG stuff going on with the new gear etc.

We shall see how all this plays out, but my first impression on viewing some of the gear, was "Is all this Power/+DMG really necessary ?"

It's not, it's really not needed, but it's here, so I guess we try an adapt and make use of what we can.
    But yeah, my first impression, there seems to be ALOT of power creep here.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I was mildly interested in the Bantrim until I found out it only came with 6 guns. Now nothing in the box particularly interests me.

IMO my Nicor is still the best beam boat ever made. 8 guns, 5 tac consoles, room for APO3, BFAW3, EPtW3, two A2B1, and kemocite. I love it, I just wish I could get either the engineer seat or universal seat a pilot spec. What are you supposed to do with two ensign engineer powers???
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I was mildly interested in the Bantrim until I found out it only came with 6 guns. Now nothing in the box particularly interests me.

IMO my Nicor is still the best beam boat ever made. 8 guns, 5 tac consoles, room for APO3, BFAW3, EPtW3, two A2B1, and kemocite. I love it, I just wish I could get either the engineer seat or universal seat a pilot spec. What are you supposed to do with two ensign engineer powers???

A healing ability - either ET1 or EPtS1, or if you prefer EUWBI (Emit Unstable Warp Bubble).

Yeah I have ET1. I don't want to use another emergency power because it puts EPtW3 on a 15 second cooldown when I use it.

I think I looked at unstable warp bubble once and decided it was TRIBBLE. I will take another look at it, but I'm not convinced.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2015

That was my reaction at first as well.

The new raider still has some very interesting aspects for not- average BFAW boats. I could imagine cannons builds work perfectly with it and, like @mustrumridcully0 pointed out, looks incredibly flexible as far as the boff seats go. Heralds also seem to like intel boff powers.

As for your described Nicor, yea new releases really have big shoes to fill by now for further power creep or at least the progression of builds. At this time it makes the idea of the introduction of yet even better antiproton weapons as @seriousdave and @taylor1701d suggested even more noteworthy.
    animated.gif
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I was mildly interested in the Bantrim until I found out it only came with 6 guns.

It's a Raider, which means it can have 5 DHC or DBB front while Raider flanking on top of Intel Flanking.

To me it is the best thing to come out of this lockbox because it paves the way for a T6 BoP which won't be so tough with such an awesome weapons layout and BOFF hybrid seating but it will have battle cloak that's hopefully the enhanced type.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I was mildly interested in the Bantrim until I found out it only came with 6 guns.

It's a Raider, which means it can have 5 DHC or DBB front while Raider flanking on top of Intel Flanking.

To me it is the best thing to come out of this lockbox because it paves the way for a T6 BoP which won't be so tough with such an awesome weapons layout and BOFF hybrid seating but it will have battle cloak that's hopefully the enhanced type.

Yeah, that raider...... To release a T6 cross-faction lobi raider even before the klingons got their damn 1st T6 bop really is adding insult to injury.
    Makes me wonder when we finally see it's release.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    The universal module Solar Gateway is nice on ground ran a 5 - player mission with my fleet and those things do some work and the 30 second cooldown means you get em every mob
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Has anybody seen that staff on the Exchange or is it bind on pickup from the Lobi store?

Though right now what I want most is the Thrall outfit for my Reman, but I'm going to wait a bit because 30M on the Exchange is a bit rich for my blood, for a costume. Ideally I want to see the price at half that figure or better.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »

Has anybody seen that staff on the Exchange or is it bind on pickup from the Lobi store?

Though right now what I want most is the Thrall outfit for my Reman, but I'm going to wait a bit because 30M on the Exchange is a bit rich for my blood, for a costume. Ideally I want to see the price at half that figure or better.

Like all weapons and armor from the Lobi store, it's Bind on Pickup.

That staff is a pretty neat one, as I have it myself. Sadly, it has no Exploit attacks, but it has a good rate of fire and is basically an AoE machine with both the chain fire and the blast shot.

If you're not up to grabbing the super-staff from the Lobi store, there's a lot of regular version staves on the Exchange. Basically, they're just Herald staff weapon versions of all the regular weapon types, so those do come in Exploit attack varieties.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
    Interesting, I didn't realize there were multiple versions of the staves floating around. I'll have to weigh my options as to whether I want to get keys/Lobi and go for that one, or one with a traditional weapon type, as part of what I'm after a staff for is a visual for my Reman. it seems like with the right mixing and matching of costume components, I can make the Thrall outfit into a "Reman ceremonial" look, which the staff will help.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Yeah, I didn't think that the Herald ground weapons would also be staves, but then again I guess why wouldn't they?

The basic staves are essentially the ones you see the Constructs using.

The one from the Lobi store is the much fancier one you see Thralls and Heralds use.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
    I'll have to get a closer look next time I run Brotherhood of the Sword to try to spot the visual differences between the two. I never realized that there were two different versions used by the NPC's.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I'll have to get a closer look next time I run Brotherhood of the Sword to try to spot the visual differences between the two. I never realized that there were two different versions used by the NPC's.
    The construct staves are thinner and don't have the round thing on the end.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    The construct staves are thinner and don't have the round thing on the end.

Great, now one last question...what is the item description so I can get on the Exchange tonight and have a look at the stats?

• mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Oh brother here we go again, no one can't be happy. Sheshhh, if we have because we have and if we dont have because we dont have.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User

There's technically 3; the Herald Brutes has their hammer-staff, but we don't get it at all. A shame too; it would've been nice to have it as the Iconian equivalent of the regular Blast Assault weapons, if not as an alternate Lobi special weapon.
    Great, now one last question...what is the item description so I can get on the Exchange tonight and have a look at the stats?

There's Stun, Split-Beam, and High-Density versions of the Staff; just search "Herald" under Personal Weapons.