test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New mission "New Link" can't be completed

bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
Right at the end of the redesigned mission the New Link you are meant to fly to a point in space, problem is that once there you have nothing to interact with, you can see and hear the beacon pulse but even sitting right on top of it you still have no interact dialogue.

Playing this on a delta recruit Romulan allied to the KDF.​​

Comments

  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Found the problem, the interact is outside the marked area.

    Found something else though, I got the exact same voice over at the end of the mission as I got at the start of it.​​
  • marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Doing that mission and i'm stuck at the end too with the warning beacon....can't find it
  • quantummeerkatquantummeerkat Member Posts: 39 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2015
    marcel314 wrote: »
    Doing that mission and i'm stack at the end too with the warning beacon....can't find it

    The waypoint appears to be in the wrong place. We will fix it ASAP but if you fly towards the blinking nav beacon you should be able to find it.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Hitting the V Key on your Keyboard should also activate the "Scan" Function and give you an arrow in the right direction in most cases.
  • marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    I tried, but my scimitar is quiet a big ship^^
    Saw that blinking light on my first try, but it didn't worked.
  • quantummeerkatquantummeerkat Member Posts: 39 Cryptic Developer
    marcel314 wrote: »
    I tried, but my scimitar is quiet a big ship^^
    Saw that blinking light on my first try, but it didn't worked.

    I apologize, we will get this fixed ASAP.

  • marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Okay, tried it again. After 10 minutes banging my head against the wall i finally found. It was acutally in the middle of the circle for some reason now.
  • quantummeerkatquantummeerkat Member Posts: 39 Cryptic Developer
    marcel314 wrote: »
    Okay, tried it again. After 10 minutes banging my head against the wall i finally found. It was acutally in the middle of the circle for some reason now.

    Huh. Sorry about that, glad you were able to complete it.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »
    Hitting the V Key on your Keyboard should also activate the "Scan" Function and give you an arrow in the right direction in most cases.

    It does not. It helps you find some magnasite ore. After that's been piked up, all it tells you is that there are 0 anomalies.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    marcel314 wrote: »
    Okay, tried it again. After 10 minutes banging my head against the wall i finally found. It was acutally in the middle of the circle for some reason now.

    Maybe you could be more specific? You know, so that not everyone has to bang their heads against the wall? ;) When you say "in the middle of the circle," at what level? IN it? (because I'm not finding it there. Above it or below it?
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Never mind. I found it. I had to bang my head against the wall for about ten minutes, too. Head towards the beacon on a strait line from the Jem Hadar ships. Slow down as you enter the green circle. You will get a "Launch Beacon" message Just slightly PAST the green circle. COME TO A COMPLETE STOP. I cannot stress this enough! Passing up this unmarked spot in a ship with a WIDE turn is INCREDIBLY frustrating. Then you should be able to launch that beacon.

    Totally fun-killing glitch!
  • posianposian Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ok, is anyone having an issue with the configuring the beacon where the it almost on responsive. I have tried to do it probably a dozen times and i have to the arrow a keys three or for times before any adjusments are reflect and the time runs super quick.
    note: I have even set the graphics to lowest settings possible and same issue
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 13,228 Arc User
    I hope the Devs fix this soon. That is one very annoying glitch.
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I ran into this twice...

    The point is, if you are looking at the mini map... just to the right of the "marked" circle... think about 3 or 4 o'clock position
  • delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Okay I'll try it I can't seem to get past this either
  • pascaldu76pascaldu76 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    At this date, the bug still here.

    But i have use the method in this post, and i have end the mission. It's necessary to fix this, because new player don't have the reflex to go in the forum to search this, and, it's bug so need to be fixed :p .
  • hc8hc8 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I am also having this problem with my temporal agent character.
  • hc8hc8 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I managed to complete the mission using the methods in this post but it took me a while as well.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 13,228 Arc User
    3...

    2...

    1...

    :: queue post moaning about zombie thread ::
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • quantum42#9720 quantum42 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    3...

    2...

    1...

    :: queue post moaning about zombie thread ::

    hehehe until you posted this I was thinking they were talking about one of them new temporal Agent
    Missions. Here I am reading this thread and I go to myself well this is odd I had this same issue
    on a mission involving the Alpha Dominion...turns out that IS the mission and yes it was still broken
    as of like 2 months ago.

  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 13,228 Arc User
    Well slap my TRIBBLE and call me, sally. No undead has appeared over night. Let's celebrate with a Monty Python Sketch.


    It does involve something dead, the said dead thing does not eat brains. :smiley:
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    This is still a problem ... it took me 10 minutes and searching the forum to finish this, and I still can't tell you how to find the end. I just happened to fly and finally get the "Launch beacon" pop-up .... This needs to be fixed so that the scan will find the spot......
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Well, apparently, this is still a problem, and you still have not fixed it. Not in the interaction area. Here's another problem with it: when you fight Laas, you apparently have to keep an eye on one Changeling in particular, because if "she" dies during it when Laas starts attacking everything at random, you can't complete that part of the mission. So please fix and QT this, instead of just putting it on half finished.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

    Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    I am also stuck on the Launch Beacon problem

    However, I get the pop-up for "Launch Beacon", however, when I click it, the bar goes about 2/10 of the way there and stops and the Launch Beacon button pops up again.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    I am also stuck on the Launch Beacon problem

    However, I get the pop-up for "Launch Beacon", however, when I click it, the bar goes about 2/10 of the way there and stops and the Launch Beacon button pops up again.

    You have to come to a full stop.
    lUjMqi4.jpg
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    D'oh! I had thought I tried that (I had parked next to the flashing light).

    But worked this time. Had to click 3 times for it to finally fill up the bar, but eventually it did. Thanks!
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,409 Arc User
    Methinks the kobali have moved to the forums looking for more dead to reanimate....
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
Sign In or Register to comment.