test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NEW SERIES: Star Trek Continues

Comments

• rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    - NEWS -

I have edited/updated my missions so far and added a Q&A with the Author to the end of my first Episode.
    Since I started the series I have been asked alot of questions and figured I would post them with my reponses. Just my way of connecting with the players themselves. Enjoy.

Note: Next two Episodes coming shortly. Just doing final revisions to make more TOS themed. :wink:
    Post edited by rickysmith1 on
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
    edited September 2016
    Episode Six: Redemption Earned
    - Published -

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep6
    ID: ST-HSL46MAQJ
    Author: @rickysmith1
    Level: 11+

Description:
    It is Stardate 6190.0, the year is 2269; The Original Series Era.

Visiting the facility where they hold marvels like the Planet Killer and the M5 Computer, you must beat the 'Trolls' to the punch and rid the galaxy of the Planet Killer before it falls into the wrong hands. Will an old enemy be willing to help you in this task and can you trust it?

Head to Briar Patch within the Risa Sector.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I don't any T0S ships and gear on my main, so could I do the missions from a time traveller's perspective?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      I don't any T0S ships and gear on my main, so could I do the missions from a time traveller's perspective?

I don't see why not, in the description of each mission I do say that if you have not got the right kit or ship, then just use your imagination. :wink: Just bare in mind that the combat has been adjusted to match that of the weaker TOS ships and weapons.
      STAR TREK CONTINUES
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User

I don't see why not, in the description of each mission I do say that if you have not got the right kit or ship, then just use your imagination. :wink: Just bare in mind that the combat has been adjusted to match that of the weaker TOS ships and weapons.

I'm pretty sure I can use my TOS uniforms for undercover work at least then
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
        Episode Seven: Shattered Universe
        - Published -

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep7
        ID: ST-HTGL4TG5Z
        Level: 31+

Description:
        It is Stardate 6201.2, the year is 2269; The Original Series Era.

You discover a Federation starship wrecked on Andor, you are horrified to discover it is the Mirror-Counterpart to your own ship and her crew.

Head to Andoria System within the Vulcan Sector
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        edited July 2017
        Episode Eight: The Gepetto Condition
        - Published -

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep8
        ID: ST-HSGSEORFB
        Level: 51+

Description:
        It is Stardate 6673.5, the year is 2270; The Original Series Era.

Upon discovering a survey team is missing, you and your team must descend into the depths of a river to discover why.

Head to Eridan Belt within the Ponor Sector.
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        edited April 2017
        Episode Nine: One Room, Two Officers
        - Published-

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep9
        ID: ST-HDRDBHQK9

Description:
        It is Stardate 6688.1, the year is 2270; The Original Series Era.

During a routine ship inspection you become trapped inside the cargo bay as your crew fight without you. What is happening to this region of space and can you keep Chief Wallace alive?

Head to Arucanis Arm Cluster within the Celes Sector.
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        edited May 2017
        Episode Ten: Beyond The Farthest Star
        - Published-

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep10
        ID: ST-HCZGKCN8T

Description:
        It is stardate 6710.2, the year is 2270; The Original Series Era.

Upon discovering an impossible Black Dwarf Star you become stuck in a 600,000 year old trap. Is this the end?

Head to Delta Volanis Cluster within the Vulcan Sector.
        ###NOT SPELLCHECKED###
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        edited July 2017
        Episode Eleven: It's OK, It Won't Hurt - Part One
        - Published-

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep11
        ID: ST-HCJ9UWHK2
        Level: 21+

Description:
        It is stardate 6766.4, the year is 2270; The Original Series Era.

Discovering a derelict sleeper ship thrown from the Delta Quadrant, you unknowingly discover the ancestors of the Federations greatest enemy. Can you save these innocent travellers from their own enemy or will you fall victim just as they have.

Head to Lackey System within the Orion Sector.
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
      • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
        huh?
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
        thay8472 wrote: »
        huh?

What is up my Ask'kaar TRIBBLE? :smile:
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        There was a comment in here before mine with several dozen other links and a message so bizarre I thought it was one of my reviews.

Sorry - It appears to have gone.
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
        There was a comment in here before mine with several dozen other links and a message so bizarre I thought it was one of my reviews.

Sorry - It appears to have gone.

That is fine, your comment put my Thread at the top of the list again. Cheers :smiley:
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        Episode Twelve: A Portracted Officer
        - Published-

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep12
        ID: ST-HJZMMCEO8
        Level: Any

Description:
        It is stardate 6825.7, the year is 2270; The Original Series Era.

When the first Commanding Officer of your starship decides to fight the age restrictions and remain in Starfleet, he asks you to step up and defend him. Can trainee lawyer Satie help you both restore moral balance to the organisation?

Head to Terra Nova System within the Deneb Sector.
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        edited August 2017
        I just wanted to say a well done to David Ivery (@Captain_Farrior) for creating this video on YouTube.
        When I found out he was using this Foundry series for clips/scenes I was humbled, but when I saw the finished result for myself I became as amazed as I was honored.

Here it is people, please enjoy: Frontier of Yesterday
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
      • farrior2farrior2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
        You are honored as am I for you to acknowledge my work for using some of your foundry material. Thank you.
        Admiral Warrick Farrior
        farrior2 wrote: »
        You are honored as am I for you to acknowledge my work for using some of your foundry material. Thank you.

Farrior!!!!

I didn't know you made foundry missions ... reveal the names of your missions to me!!! XD
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
      • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
        Because I finally pick up the Agents of Yesterday pack, I'm able to play these missions with period ships. :smiley:

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
        Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
        Because I finally pick up the Agents of Yesterday pack, I'm able to play these missions with period ships. :smiley:

Oh ok, Ye Olde Imagination is not good enough for you then. :wink:
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        edited September 2017

Oh ok, Ye Olde Imagination is not good enough for you then. :wink:

As much as I enjoy warping around in my Federation Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit...
        maxresdefault.jpg

...it's much nicer in a Ranger ( a pretty good ship ).
        STO1.png

Be even nicer in a Connie, but - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Reliant's not bad either, I just wish the Devs offered an TOS version. :p
        star-trek-online-miranda01.jpg

Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
      • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
        Just found these! Wow! I've played Ep01 and Ep02. Completely enjoyed both of them. Highly recommend these for any Fed player looking for a positive TOS vibe. Using TOS ships, gear, and uniforms just makes them that much more fun to do. However, 24th Century Starfleet does not seem too big an immersion detractor.
        A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
        Just found these! Wow! I've played Ep01 and Ep02. Completely enjoyed both of them. Highly recommend these for any Fed player looking for a positive TOS vibe. Using TOS ships, gear, and uniforms just makes them that much more fun to do. However, 24th Century Starfleet does not seem too big an immersion detractor.

Thank you both, comments like yours keep me pushing forward.
        YES, I wish they would do a ToS Miranda, you can see what it would look like in the fan episode; Star Trek Phase 2: "Blood and Fire" .
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
      • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

Thank you both, comments like yours keep me pushing forward.
        YES, I wish they would do a ToS Miranda, you can see what it would look like in the fan episode; Star Trek Phase 2: "Blood and Fire" .

Like this?
        sgQID0L.jpg
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
        Like this?

That is the one.
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        What about a TOS Kelvin? :P

e949d72bb706e8ad7b7121f2d7dc5292--star-trek-models-star-trek-ships.jpg
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
        What about a TOS Kelvin? :P

Get out.
        STAR TREK CONTINUES
        Whenever you get away from a duel warp nacelle design, things tend to get a little silly. IMHO

saladin_v_nelson.jpg

But the Kelvin design makes little sence in any universe. Again, just my opinion.
        Whenever you get away from a duel warp nacelle design, things tend to get a little silly. IMHO
        But the Kelvin design makes little sence in any universe. Again, just my opinion.

I agree, when you can not even obey the laws layed down in a fictional universe you loose the immersion and therefore the viewers.
        I have a few ideas on how to fix the incontinuitys of the Kelvin-verse, but unfortunately I am not a producer lol :wink:

STAR TREK CONTINUES

I agree, when you can not even obey the laws layed down in a fictional universe you loose the immersion and therefore the viewers.
        I have a few ideas on how to fix the incontinuitys of the Kelvin-verse, but unfortunately I am not a producer lol :wink:

Is it anything like this?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axTdv68wIvk