test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NEW SERIES: Star Trek Continues

rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
Star_Trek_Continues_Opening_Title_Card.png

I have been inspired by the fan made series; Star Trek Continues to create stories of the same premise in Star Trek Online Foundry.
For anyone interested, follow this link to see the internet series youtube channel; STC Youtube Channel

Whilst the show takes place onboard the starship Enterprise during the fifth year of it's mission, my stories will take place aboard the players own ship (assuming it is a TOS-era ship), but with Original Series theme, stories and setting.

Launched
  • Episode One - A Single Moment - You locate a man thrown into the past, but what effects could altering your timeline have on his own future?
  • Episode Two - Infancy - When an unknown virus infects the computer, you soon realise that your ship has become a new lifeform.
  • Episode Three - Unto the Breach - The Klingon Empire is beginning a massive rearming initiative. Starfleet Command needs to know more.
  • Episode Four - Head Of A Needle - Discovering a nano-virus devouring a world you soon realise the only way to stop it; is to let it infect your ship.
  • Episode Five - The Duality of Men - After a Transporter Malfunction you begin to perceive your own morality as two individuals. Time to know yourself.
  • Episode Six - Redemption Earned - Visiting the facility where they hold marvels like the Planet Killer and the M5 Computer, you must beat the 'Trolls' to the punch and rid the galaxy of the Planet Killer.
  • Episode Seven - Shattered Universe - You discover a Federation starship wrecked on Andor, you are horrified to discover it is the Mirror-Counterpart to your ship and crew.
  • Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition - Finding an exploration team killed, you and your team must descend into the depths of an ocean to discover why.
  • Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers - During a routine ship inspection you become trapped inside the cargo bay as your crew fight without you. What is happening out there and can you keep the Chief alive?
  • Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star - Upon discovering an impossible Black Dwarf Star you become stuck in a 600,000 year old trap. Is this the end?
  • Episode Eleven - It's OK, It won't hurt - You discover a derelict sleeper ship from the Delta Quadrant. A Joint story with @helixfungus
  • Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer - When the first Commanding Officer of your starship decides to fight the age restrictions and remain in Starfleet, he asks you to step up and defend him. Can trainee lawyer Satie help you both restore moral balance to the organisation?.
  • Episode Thirteen - Somewhen - You are ordered to the Tholian Pyramid, a region of space where ships have never returned and the laws of physics go the way of the Dodo. Can you save the U.S.S Yorktown IN time?
  • Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived - Ship moral is at an all time high when the Doctors Daughter visits, but things take a turn for the worse when an alien race arrests him on charges of genocide.
  • Episode Fifthteen - Empathy - Starfleet needs you to take command of a field hospital on the front line of a far flung world where Starfleet Cadets have found themselves fighting for their lifes. Combat Intentive.

Under Construction
  • Through The Looking Glass - As your crew celebrate the end to your five year mission, you must face your greatest enemy; Depression.

Design and Development
  • Devil Amongst Men - Your ship is now in dry-dock for refit so Starfleet puts you in charge of hosting a peace conference. During the event, a diplomat is murdered and Starfleet leaves it to you to uncover the truth. How do you find out who did it when everyone has a motive?
  • Lost In Yesterday - Before you can adjust to your new job at Starfleet Acadamy you are injured in an accident. Now you must reflect on the events in your life, but is this real or are you dreaming?
  • Klingon Episode I - When colonies begin to starve you are tasked to wipe out the Tribble Homeworld, but how did they spread so quickly and could this mean the quick end to an unstable alliance between Empires?
  • Romulan Episode- The Praetor has placed you in charge of an operation to steal a new Klingon Ship, but naturally the Humans have an annoying habit of turning up when you least want then too.

Star Trek Phase II - I will then begin a short series of TMP themed episodes to finalise the journey.
Star Trek Federation - I will then begin a series of ENT themed episodes.

I will keep reposting as I complete and update.
Any ideas for stories you want me to tell or use, message me in-game at @rickysmith1. Please bare in-mind that I have a pretty full schedule.

52fbc16a3fe51905f37b4edaeb7b40a95844e21b.jpg
STAR TREK CONTINUES
Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
Post edited by rickysmith1 on

Comments

• rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Episode One: In a Single Moment
    - Published -

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep1
    ID: ST-HNEU8LOFS
    Author: @rickysmith1
    Level: Any Level

Description:
    It is Stardate 5943.9, the year is 2269; The Original Series Era.

During a routine mission along the Klingon border you rescue a fellow officer lost in time, missing from a war that has yet to happen.
    What effects could his absence have not on your future, but the future of the Federation?

Head to Deep Space K7 within the Aldebaran Sector.
    Post edited by rickysmith1 on
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • lordbrowaruslordbrowarus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I played it yesterday and I can recomend it - its very good mission.

Honestly, I've been waiting for something like that. As TOS has it's own dedicated interior, one can feel like character of real TOS episode, because most of the mission is in interior of your ship. (cool)

There are no fancy maps design or super triggers, but it really doesn't need them to make me feel like captain of Conne on 5 years mission.

Great job, thanks for authoring. I'm looking for more.
    I played it yesterday and I can recomend it - its very good mission.

Great job, thanks for authoring. I'm looking for more.

Thank you lordbrowarus. That was just the thing I needed to hear, I had realised I was spending too much time on exotic maps or complex stories, to just tell a simple story in short time in TOS style was just what I intended.
    I am already writting up the next storyboard and I will try and get Ep2 done for Monday; I am intended to do one Episode a weekend. Thank you again.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    You have some good plot ideas there but your descriptions are full of typos. Take care with the proofreading.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
    edited October 2015
    You have some good plot ideas there but your descriptions are full of typos. Take care with the proofreading.

I honestly couldn't care less about proof reading on a Forum. I stopped caring when I kept spending days doing it to my foundry missions only to have Americans say "You Spelt this wrong" and then giving me low stars based on that small differance or 'error'. Either I could become bitter and state "You mean I spelt that wrong" or I could stop caring.
    :tongue:
    That being said... I will check it later when I do my next update/edit of this post :smiley: And I love your Avatar.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    Typos are the hardest thing to nail down in the foundry.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Need anything besides the the TOS uniforms and weapons to fully immerse in that era? I wanna do this right. :smiley:

By the way, for anyone who hasn't caught the online episodes of ST Continues......get off yer butt. They. Are. Brilliant.

Five completed episodes and counting.

Scotty is played spot-the-eff-on by James Doohan's own son. He nails it so good, he has a lead credit. Even his dad didn't have lead.
    khreg wrote: »
    Need anything besides the the TOS uniforms and weapons to fully immerse in that era? I wanna do this right. :smiley:

By the way, for anyone who hasn't caught the online episodes of ST Continues......get off yer butt. They. Are. Brilliant.
    Five completed episodes and counting.

Well the Constitution Class ship would be fitting. I will be doing one episode later on when you will temporally be the Mirror Version of yourself. :open_mouth:

Yes I know right, The actor that plays Kirk (Vik) hinted that the next episode (6) will have something to do with Zombies, The reponse hasn't been best but I think he did that onpurpose so that people would expect the worse. I mean technically the Borg are Star Trek Zombies so thats proof that it can work.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Yes I know right, The actor that plays Kirk (Vik) hinted that the next episode (6) will have something to do with Zombies, The reponse hasn't been best but I think he did that onpurpose so that people would expect the worse. I mean technically the Borg are Star Trek Zombies so thats proof that it can work.

I have no worries. These guys make quality stuff, so as tired as I am of the zombie fad, I'll be waiting anxiously for #6.

I'll work on getting that Connie.

• johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    I avoid spelling problems by doing all my work in Word and setting it for American spelling. It will highlight any differences in the English.
    I avoid spelling problems by doing all my work in Word and setting it for American spelling. It will highlight any differences in the English.

That is what I used to do too, but then my Microsoft Word ran out and I can't afford a new copy.
    Plus, there are still those English-Trolls that find something anyway... 'Well excuse my accent OK, I grew up in the countryside' lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2015

That is what I used to do too, but then my Microsoft Word ran out and I can't afford a new copy.

Here you go!
    http://www.libreoffice.org/

It's a free, open source office suite that I use whenever one of my computers doesn't come with MS:O. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!

Here you go!
    http://www.libreoffice.org/

It's a free, open source office suite that I use whenever one of my computers doesn't come with MS:O. :)

Great, now I have no excuses :smiley:
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

Great, now I have no excuses :smiley:

lol, I'm sorry. :)

What I've adopted recently is more of a hybrid style of writing foundry missions. I'll write in foundry (because the format there lets me play around a bit with options, characters, reactions, and so on) but for longer text blocks (ie. more than an easily reviewed sentence) I'll copy and paste that into the Libre office word processor. That'll highlight any simple spelling and grammatical errors, and let me see the text in a different style which tends to make other typos stand out more.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited November 2015
    - NEWS -

For those out there that have sent me support and interest in this series I am sorry that Ep 2 is delayed due to Foundry maintaince.
    However, I can share with you that the series will have one tribble episode, two episodes dealing in time travel and three with sentient computers.

Time Travel Eps: As there has been alot of this story telling in STO I will tell two storys (One of which is Ep1), niether of them involve the character travelling through time. The second time travelling episode will be a tribute or shadow to Doctor Who. the inspiration being just how many cross-over comics there are now. Had to be done.

Sentient Computer Eps: The first of which will be the delayed Episode 2. The second will come a few episodes later and the third will tie both A.I's together. There will NOT be a Borg link.

Tribble Episode: Whilst the Time Travel issue has been debated with heat, I still feel the Tribbles are no-go zone for Foundry Authors given their comical nature. To that effect, I will be turning it on the head and showing the darker side of the cause and effects of their distribution.

What do you think?

Please feel free to join the Star Trek Online - The Original Series group on Facebook. The link is in my signature.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    - NEWS -

Star Trek Continues Episode One has been edited and republished.
    Work on Episode Two is underway.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode Two: Infancy
    - Published -

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep2
    ID: ST-HDYCNOTHJ

Description:
    It is Stardate 5951.8, the year is 2269; The Original Series Era.

On route to repair a cargo drone ship, your ships computers are infected with an unknown virus, strange malfunctions begin to occur that show signs of intelligence, but what does it want?

Head to the Donatu System within the Donatu Sector.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode Three: Unto The Breach
    - Published -

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep3
    ID: ST-HNIHKLW4U

Description:
    It is Stardate 6001.2, the year is 2269; The Original Series Era.

The Organian Treaty has been voided and both sides are gearing up for a war they thought would never come. As Starfleet try's to answer the mystery behind the Organians, you are tasked with an infiltration mission deep into the Klingon Empire.

Head to Deep Space K7 within the Aldebaran Sector.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    It took me a little longer to publish this one, due mainly to work-related reasons, but I have been asked to do a more combat orientated story for this one.
    I have also tired something new with the shuttles to help equal out the massive spec differance between the Tier 1 TOS Constitution and the Tier 3 Klingon D7 (K't'inga). Please let me know what you think.

Thank you.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode Four: Head Of A Needle
    - Published -

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep4
    ID: ST-HE652363E
    Level: 16+

Description:
    It is Stardate 6006.6, the year is 2269; The Original Series Era.

There is a swarm of small robots invisible to the eye and able to enter human cells killing life on whole planets. The only way to destroy this artificial disease is to allow it to infect your ship.

Head to the Hromi Cluster within the Xarantine Sector.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    https://youtu.be/wE0PARmn6x0

So they have announced an Original Era Character and Campaign slots... talk about timing.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited May 2016

So they have announced an Original Era Character and Campaign slots... talk about timing.

Just bought the TOS bundle too along with a Connie about three weeks ago. Gonna be busy this summer! :D

And holy TRIBBLE......half the cast of STC has been brought in! That's Vic doing the trailer VO!

Just bought the TOS bundle too along with a Connie about three weeks ago. Gonna be busy this summer! :D

And holy TRIBBLE......half the cast of STC has been brought in! That's Vic doing the trailer VO!

I thought it was. I am likely going to be doing a massive update of this series when it is released.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES

I thought it was. I am likely going to be doing a massive update of this series when it is released.

Should I wait? I got plenty to do in the meantime.

Should I wait? I got plenty to do in the meantime.

Naa, the changes will only be textual; dependent on what new Foundry materials are given and a slight change in dialogue so that it will fit with the new TOS Faction... if you can do that.

I imagine these new additions/options won't be available until some months after the season release. Int he meantime, I am 80% done on Ep5 and 40% on Ep6.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Oh, TRIBBLE. I just remember what happened the last time I equipped just one of those TOS Phasers on my ship. My ears were ringing for days after just a few hours of play. And now were all going to have ships fully equipped with 6 or 8 of those noisy buggers?
    Eel%20in%20the%20ear%2001.jpg
    Chekhov is getting annoyed just at the thought of it.

Don't get me wrong, TOS additions will be great, but I may just have to turn down my Sound FX to 15 percent or less for a while.

Edit - You know I really didn't curse there. Silly censor. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    Oh, TRIBBLE. I just remember what happened the last time I equipped just one of those TOS Phasers on my ship. My ears were ringing for days after just a few hours of play. And now were all going to have ships fully equipped with 6 or 8 of those noisy buggers?

That is why I have two saved sets for my TOS Constitution. What I don't get is why in the new season, the Constituion Class, the pinacle of Federation Ships, is only a Tier 1 in the new series? And why there isn't an upgrade to bring it to par with the Tier 3 D7 Class... a ship that is suppose to be inferior.
    OH, and the Daedulaes class (no spell check, AGH) will be a higher tier than the Constition class. My head hurts.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode Five: The Duality of Men
    - Published -

Name: Star Trek Continues - Ep5
    ID: ST-HNJWLWSKR

Description:
    It is Stardate 6143.9, the year is 2269; The Original Series Era.

After a Transporter Malfunction you begin to perceive your own morality as two individuals. Time to know yourself.

Head to Drozana System within the Donatu Sector
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Been meaning to run through these, but now I *HAVE* to...
    @rickysmith1 Would there be any dialogue/continuity issues that might break immersion if I did this in a Ranger class instead of Constitution?
    newstosiggy.png
    gawainviii wrote: »
    Been meaning to run through these, but now I *HAVE* to...
    @rickysmith1 Would there be any dialogue/continuity issues that might break immersion if I did this in a Ranger class instead of Constitution?

There shouldn't be, but by now I am sure you have already played through. :)
    I really want to crack on with making more but I am also waiting for the devs too place more TOS goodies into the Foundry.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES