test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next give away item speculation

Comments

• fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    I do not like the new Sarr Thein as a model. I would like to break off that long arm in the first place. It would made the ship look much better. If this ship was build in reality that is one of the first things that would happen. The breen ships are good in performance and fun to fly, but their progressive unrealistic look, each ship looks more fantastic, makes me ditch them. Good for the new admirality feature.

I would seriously consider paying money for advanced customization options for these ships.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    For the winter we've seen a destroyer, raider and carrier. Anyone else who thinks that a science dreadnought with hangar and secondary (breen) deflector is likely?​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Well I do like the new Sarr Theln. It's only problem is its scaled way too small, so it looks ridiculous when launching Plesh Breks that are bigger than the carrier.

Still, I wouldn't object to the option of using the old model, either.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Breen ships do look great...but the whole idea of the Breen always stuck in my throat. They were supposed to use organic ships, they have no blood and yet in DS9, Weyoun said that their homeworld was quite clement! Instead of the Breen, it should have been say the Zenkethi, with such radical designs.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    For the winter we've seen a destroyer, raider and carrier. Anyone else who thinks that a science dreadnought with hangar and secondary (breen) deflector is likely?​​
    Nope. From the looks of the Admiralty card, it's an eng/carrier.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Instead of more and more ships, I really wish that we could just have cool equipment to use on our existing ships...the Breen Warp Core has been the closest thing, but why not an amazing console?

The Breen Energy Dissipaters were always meant to be installable on Dominion ships...Jem'Hadar, Cardy, etc. You know how Stasis Field works on ground combat? Maybe there could be some sort of space Breen Freeze Beam.

I've always never understood why when the rewards are always ships, why there are no space battles during the Summer and Winter events...
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    Instead of more and more ships, I really wish that we could just have cool equipment to use on our existing ships...the Breen Warp Core has been the closest thing, but why not an amazing console?

The Breen Energy Dissipaters were always meant to be installable on Dominion ships...Jem'Hadar, Cardy, etc. You know how Stasis Field works on ground combat? Maybe there could be some sort of space Breen Freeze Beam.

I've always never understood why when the rewards are always ships, why there are no space battles during the Summer and Winter events...

cause Q.

or cause this is star trek and we like pretty/ugly spaceships.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    nightken wrote: »
    kayajay wrote: »

cause Q.

or cause this is star trek and we like pretty/ugly spaceships.

you have got the breen epic consoles that came with the first 3 ships and form the Hypercooled Technology set and the Breen Absolute Zero set.

[Polarized Parabolic Deflector Mk XI] - from “Cold Call”
    [Supercooled Combat Impulse Engine Mk XI] - from “Cold Case”
    [Dielectric Oscillation Resilient Shields Mk XI] - from “Cold Storage”
    [Cryoplasma-Infused Warp Core Mk XII] or [Cryoplasma-Infused Singularity Core Mk XII] - from Q's Winter Wonderland vendor.

also theres plenty of other sets floating around that you can pick up anytime, winter/summer events its tradition to get a ship.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

Aye Gurumba!!! I thought the give away had ended yesterday, but our friendly German preview tells a different story.

http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9618953-eine-woche-voller-geschenke
    Das heutige sechste Geschenk sind drei kostenlose K5-Schiffe (Excelsior [K5], Ar'kif – Nachrüstung [K5], Marauder-Patrouillenkreuzer [K5])!
    ​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited October 2015
    Aye Gurumba!!! I thought the give away had ended yesterday, but our friendly German preview tells a different story.

http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9618953-eine-woche-voller-geschenke
    Das heutige sechste Geschenk sind drei kostenlose K5-Schiffe (Excelsior [K5], Ar'kif – Nachrüstung [K5], Marauder-Patrouillenkreuzer [K5])!
    ​​

sweet, I have never been so happy to be wrong.

"Today's sixth gift are three free-T5 ships (Excelsior [T5], Ar'kif - retrofitting [T5] Marauder Patrol Cruiser [T5])"

• zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2015

​​

If they are right, which they have been all week, this will be the best giveaway event in a long time. The free items were great, especially the spec points for me at least, but I figured with the admiralty system we would never see free ships again. Fingers crossed. :)

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Hmm, I may not yet have the Excelsior, but I won't mind if the Germans are wrong this time and the giveaways are over.

PS: I love the NPC Sarr Theln model and I don't like the Player model. I'm still hopelessly expecting we might once get the possibility to use the NPC model.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    toiva wrote: »
    Hmm, I may not yet have the Excelsior, but I won't mind if the Germans are wrong this time and the giveaways are over.

PS: I love the NPC Sarr Theln model and I don't like the Player model. I'm still hopelessly expecting we might once get the possibility to use the NPC model.

In the main topic it is mentioned that salami (or was it sausage or bratwurst) who confirmed there was one more day ahead.
    News has been posted on German and French news sites already.​​
    edited October 2015

even if you don't like or use the ships they will come in handy for the Admiralty system, you can discharge them after you get the Admiralty card for them.
    once claimed and discharged you can always reclaim them later if you feel the need.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    zarato4218 wrote: »

​​

If they are right, which they have been all week, this will be the best giveaway event in a long time. The free items were great, especially the spec points for me at least, but I figured with the admiralty system we would never see free ships again. Fingers crossed. :)

Yeah, I can't even remember when they last give T5 ships. And two of those I don't even have yet. Pure awesome!
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    zarato4218 wrote: »

​​

Yeah, I can't even remember when they last give T5 ships. And two of those I don't even have yet. Pure awesome!

I think the last time was before Delta Rising. Feds got the Ambassador Retrofit T5 (Which can't be upgraded, as only the Fleet version can.), KDF got the Varanus (Which I remember because they were mad they didn't get the Ambassador's counterpart the Kamarang T5, but at least the Varanus was upgradeable), and Roms didn't get a ship at all, except Fed Roms who could aquire the T5 Ambassador. (Which for a short time, before T5-U and T6 dropped, was quite fun because it let Roms use a Fed ship at endgame with the RRW visable on the hull :p .)

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User

In the main topic it is mentioned that salami (or was it sausage or bratwurst) who confirmed there was one more day ahead.
    News has been posted on German and French news sites already.​​
    Well, now it's official. I'm impressed.

even if you don't like or use the ships they will come in handy for the Admiralty system, you can discharge them after you get the Admiralty card for them.
    once claimed and discharged you can always reclaim them later if you feel the need.

Oh, believe me, I've got dozens of ships I don't use or really like (and many of them - not sure if dozens - that I never used). My indifference came from having two of the ships already and maybe even the third (still not sure about the Excelsior). But it is no doubt a very nice and fairly useful giveaway for many players. Overall this week of giveaways was a very pleasant surprise.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Well, three T5 ships is indeed a nice surprise pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Well, three T5 ships is indeed a nice surprise pig-1.gif​​

Three fully upgradeable T5 ships too at that!

Not like the Ambassador they gave away a few times. So now anyone who got the upgrade token has a free T5-U ship.
    SulMatuul.png
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    I already have the T5 Excelsior, and it's a nice ship, if not a little too catered for Engineering. Wouldn't mind the Resolute setup, but I'm not paying 3k zen for that.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'm not exactly complaining. But didn't they already give away the Marauder? Should't we have got the Kamarag instead?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mixiplix777mixiplix777 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I knew they would save the best for last
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I'm not exactly complaining. But didn't they already give away the Marauder? Should't we have got the Kamarag instead?​​

Yes, they did. I have the ship and I would never buy it. Now I am an Orion enthusiast and what would be more fun than playing a species and flying their ships? So I got over the absolute idiot design and fly it, lol. It performs pretty good and I am liking it. Let say, a man can change his mind.
    fovrel wrote: »
    I'm not exactly complaining. But didn't they already give away the Marauder? Should't we have got the Kamarag instead?

Yes, they did. I have the ship and I would never buy it. Now I am an Orion enthusiast and what would be more fun than playing a species and flying their ships? So I got over the absolute idiot design and fly it, lol. It performs pretty good and I am liking it. Let say, a man can change his mind.

Yeah, those Orion designs tend to grow on you​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    fovrel wrote: »
    I'm not exactly complaining. But didn't they already give away the Marauder? Should't we have got the Kamarag instead?
    Yeah, those Orion designs tend to grow on you​​
    I want Hassan's Warbarge. :p Maybe an alt-skin for a T6 version?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I like the Orion designs fine. I'd just prefer a ship that hasn't been given away before.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I like the Orion designs fine. I'd just prefer a ship that hasn't been given away before.

I agree, but then again I really won't complain about the Excelsior, I even thought about getting one a few months ago. The Romulan ship looks not too terrible but I'm always a little reluctant with non-canon designs. But it looks like a slightly squisched D'D.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Very happy to see ships being given away, makes up for the lack of a T5 vessel in the new lockbox. If this were to become a regular thing I'm all for it.

I'm especially happy with the Ar'kif, and glad I saved that upgrade token. My Reman has a proper endgame ship now.​​
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin
    Thread Necro.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
This discussion has been closed.