test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PODCAST] Priority One Podcast 243 | Dawn of the Dreadnoughts

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
edited October 2015 in Starfleet Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals! You’re listening to EPISODE 242 OF PRIORITY ONE PODCAST, the premier Star Trek Online podcast! This episode was recorded LIVE on Thursday, October 8th, 2015 and made available for download or streaming on Monday, October 12th, 2015 at PriorityOnePodcast.com!

In this week’s Trek It Out, some of NASA’s “real life Martians” answer Reddit’s questions. In Star Trek Online news, we’re looking at the stats of the new Tier 6 Dreadnoughts, just released. We’re also taking a first look at the new Badlands space battlezone, and giving you the heads up on some extended downtime this week.

And as always, before we wrap things up, we’ll open Hailing Frequencies for your incoming messages.

TOPICS DISCUSSED
    Tracking the Devs

This week’s Community Question:
    What do YOU think of the new Tier 6 dreadnoughts? And will you be picking one up?

Let us know YOUR thoughts on this week’s episode by commenting below!

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE PREMIER STAR TREK ONLINE PODCAST!

Priority One Productions is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well-known outlet for your work. If you have a skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by THIS LINK and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We’re on Facebook! Head over to WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIORITYONEPODCAST and say, “Hi!” Or, Check us out on Twitter via @stopriorityone for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below or CONTACT US via our handy web form! Enjoy the show!

STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
    Web: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po243
    iTunes: Priority One Podcast

SUBSCRIBE:
    OUR RSS FEED

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
    STOPriorityONE​​
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
    Post edited by winters83 on

Comments

• Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      The Kara makes me want a Tier 6 Ha'nom and a Tier 6 Ha'feh.

The Kara sure looks good, but the Ha'Nom and Ha'feh can also look very good with the new (and old) parts. And of course, the Ha'nom as Science Warbird could use an update (and maybe a full upgrade to science vessel tweaks. I'd be fine if they ditch Subsystem Targeting to compensate for Singularity Powers).
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
      The Kara makes me want a Tier 6 Ha'nom and a Tier 6 Ha'feh.

The Kara sure looks good, but the Ha'Nom and Ha'feh can also look very good with the new (and old) parts. And of course, the Ha'nom as Science Warbird could use an update (and maybe a full upgrade to science vessel tweaks. I'd be fine if they ditch Subsystem Targeting to compensate for Singularity Powers).

Yeah the subsystem targeting has been one of those things that is even worse than the battle cloak/standard cloak issue. Its always been like the old system where it was a beam subsystem target that took 2 minutes to recharge where it eventually just took something away from what you could use for tactical.

One possible solution among possibly many would be is integrate that system into the ship mastery to where it upgrades to the next tier and reworked so it has same cool down as if you were slotting it in a tactical station. The other part too is that it shouldn't be used off of ship weapons so that you can have the layout you want with cannons and still use this just have a beam of its own that fires. Which sort of off the topic but if you look at a lot of battles beams and cannons were used sometimes at same time but because of game mechanics that aspect kind of is taken away because you have to pick and choose to the point that when you take lots of things like this subsystem targeting it sort of drives the game away from the brand the more it deviates from canon itself.

As far as these ships and stuff that has been labeled that will be discussed it would be nice if they took the table and confronted the issue of the many alts some of us have to the point if you have so many characters which some may use a common ship so say for example every character I would say would have a sovy and a defiant if I have 30 characters I have to level first to max out levels 30 times then each of these 2 ships each plus the grind on specializations, reputations, special events, crafting, and however ppl make their dilithium on top of that. It is so overwhelming I just had to put the game down till it gets more simplified and I haven't really seen anything being discussed that addresses it just look at what we are selling or what is rumored to be coming. I just can't see this game moving forward if they can't bring us players who left to come back and actually have fun and not get so overwhelmed(yeah wall of text its just I loved this game but now I can't play it).