test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fleet members, the csv, and a mysql frontend

tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Fleet System and Holdings
so i have been thinking about members.csv and different ways of using this. there are a couple that immediately spring to mind:
  • static- simply look at each file individually. even if you took weekly csv dumps and imported them, the most you could do is look at each week separately and look for changes week-to-week. ie, @john had 5,500 donations last week, and has 6,500 donations this week, so he must have earnt 1,000 in donation this week.
  • dynamic- csv dumps are manually imported into mysql, then the data is presented in a more meaningful way. donations are appended and one can clearly see johns +1,000 donation, see any new members that have joined, clearly see any rank promotions that have occurred over the week, and so on
obviously a dynamic approach is more useful. has anybody done something like this yet? whether done locally, or on a php/sql fleet website, or some google app, etc? something that is more than a simple spreadsheet?
if so, which route did you take?​​
Post edited by tehbubbaloo on

Comments

• swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I dumped it into SQL Server (because that's what I have on my computer). It makes it really easy for me to track players contributions.
    select [Account Handle], sum([Contribution Total]) as contributions
    from [dbo].[MyFleet_20151119-054939]
    group by [Account Handle]
    order by contributions desc

It looks like we have 152 unique players, of which 88 have logged in this year. (More than I thought.) Also, once you've got a baseline, it should be fairly easy to track contributions over time, with either a table per csv file, or adding a timestamp column to your table that for when the csv file was generated.