test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need more voice actors, Cryptic?

anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Ten Forward
...then I got just the thing: Mike Pollock, a very talented VA with such a versatile voice, that he can cook up more voices than you could throw Tribbles at Klingons.

He does all kinds of VO-work including but not limited to: cartoon voices, foreign accent voices, commercials, narration, e-books, ... You name it, he got it.

He is one of my favorite VAs of all time and his most famous role is that of Dr. Eggman in the Sonic the Hedgehog videogames. I would find it awesome if he ever would be hired to show up in STO or Neverwinter.

They say talk is cheap so here are some links to Mike's work:
https://soundcloud.com/itsamike

His website:
http://www.itsamike.com/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/itsamike

Mike is very accessible to his fans on FB, something that I find quite unique among people with any kind of fandom.

And Mike even got some singing talent too as this Sonic Boom parody illustrates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMEAh5rhsc

My favorite Mike quotes:
"Every gig is a precious gift."
"When you hire me, you become for that time, the center of my world."

So Trendy or whoever is in charge of the forums, I hope you will forward this post to the person in charge of VA-casting and maybe he can do some of his magic here.
Tyr shall give me strength!
For the glory of Tempus!
I am the hands of Shar!
Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
Oghma, grant me knowledge!
Lolth commands, and I obey!

Comments

• stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    Getting Patrick Stewart to voice act jean-luc picard would be very cool. Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner are 2 others that would be good.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    Getting Patrick Stewart to voice act jean-luc picard would be very cool. Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner are 2 others that would be good.
    Of course, personally I'd love to see John DeLancie make an appearance, but this is about Mike possibly becoming a VA for some of the regular characters in future episodes.
    Post edited by anothervisitor on
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    we need John DeLancie, imagine, an interactive Q, the sarcasm, it would break the game! oh and have him modify some of the lines, he did play Q
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    we need John DeLancie, imagine, an interactive Q, the sarcasm, it would break the game! oh and have him modify some of the lines, he did play Q

That is one Voice Actor I'd really love to see in Game or if not even the actor that played his son. There'd be some really great creative license to things that could happen with Q involved. The twists, sarcasm, or leaving many guessing to his true motivations--I believe Q Senior was far more helpful than hurtful for Humanity. Never-the-less I'd love to see a few missions involving someone from the Continuum even if it were the actor who played his son. Any story really could take place anywhere or anytime it need not be related to unfolding storylines either--you never knew when or where he'd appear...

Another interesting possibility could be the Traveller... :o

Or as I suggested to LaughingTrendy Sulu or Chekov for similar reason's you identified with John Delancie. Their vocal variety, characters, and unique voice could really make for a FUN Tribble with Klingon's Event mission in TOS era recreated on the Holodeck at Academies--one portrays a narrow but glourous Klingon's victory the other favor's the Federation depending on your version of history. I'd wish more event's made use of Holodeck's at the Federation or Klingon Academies, it offers great artistic freedom to recreate past simulations. Q is about the only other method to do that in grand fashion.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    ...then I got just the thing: Mike Pollock, a very talented VA with such a versatile voice, that he can cook up more voices than you could throw Tribbles at Klingons.

Heh, good to meet you, Mrs. Pollock. We can all see you're very proud of your son. :P
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Of course, personally I'd love to see John DeLancie make an appearance, but this is about Mike possibly becoming a VA for some of the regular characters in future episodes.

All of whom are far outside of Cryptic's budget range. Do you want content and fixes or money thrown at voice overs that do little to add to a game? Would I like to hear them in the game, yes. But I'm going to say they won't even give this game a glance if asked.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

Hm... two questions;
    One; by 'regular characters' do you mean already existing characters or new ones that might be created in the future for upcoming content?
    Two; Any particular characters you were thinking of him being the voice of?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    How about Cryptic works on the writing and coding for the game before hiring more overpriced VAs. I'm perfectly happy with leaving NPCs completely unvoiced if it means more of the budget goes to squashing bugs and avoiding plot holes.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    How about Cryptic works on the writing and coding for the game before hiring more overpriced VAs. I'm perfectly happy with leaving NPCs completely unvoiced if it means more of the budget goes to squashing bugs and avoiding plot holes.

Personally, part of me has always wondered about players being allowed to volunteer to voice characters - not necessarily their own, but NPCs in the game like Ganalda Station Ops or Earth Spacedock Traffic Control...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    valoreah wrote: »
    Curious how I keep agreeing with starswordc as of late.... perhaps it's the apocalypse? :wink:​​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs

dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited October 2015

^ This, although with a caveat that if Cryptic could get Shatner, then that would be awesome and would make bugs a little less annoying.

Curious how I keep agreeing with starswordc as of late.... perhaps it's the apocalypse? :wink:​​

Valoreahs' location

COVER_Explosion_Nuclear-Crop.jpg

Starswordcs' location

in-city-atomic-bomb-military-wallpapers-1024x768.jpg

And the lesson here kiddies is that perpetual aggreements on the STO forum will lead to the apocalypse :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Eggman in STO...
    :o
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    messahla wrote: »

^ This, although with a caveat that if Cryptic could get Shatner, then that would be awesome and would make bugs a little less annoying.

Curious how I keep agreeing with starswordc as of late.... perhaps it's the apocalypse? :wink:

Valoreahs' location

Starswordcs' location

And the lesson here kiddies is that perpetual aggreements on the STO forum will lead to the apocalypse :D

apocalypses should always be in motion; observe

1277899829_termionator-2-bomb.gif​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    messahla wrote: »

Curious how I keep agreeing with starswordc as of late.... perhaps it's the apocalypse? :wink:

Valoreahs' location

Starswordcs' location

apocalypses should always be in motion; observe

1277899829_termionator-2-bomb.gif​​

Ok fine man i sheesh do you know how hard it was getting pics let alone gifs of both valoreah and starswordc agreeing with each other and causing the apocolypse at the same time? you dont know how many ferengis i had to bribe JUST to get the pic of valoreah causing the apocolypse....and you want a gif well here ya go

nuclear-test-baker-o.gif

atleast my gif is a REAL nuclear bomb :p:D