test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forums Update Incoming

Comments

• zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I like the new look of the main forums category page. Good work Trendy. The new icons are excellent. :)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Rearranging stuffs and adding subforum icons. There's some stuff that's gonna be movin' around as well as some updates I'm working on. Also I'm trying to fix the low-res profile icons (we identified the problem; working on a solution).

2d2979c5f5d6f30a0020b4cd9a2bff891442604743.gif

Oh, yeah. You're kind of out of focus, too. I thought it was just my pic.

Thanks for the fix. :)

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    Main forum sections now have badges.
    It's mandatory. Might even be a law. And since I don't want to break the law...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

Truth is, I'm kind of excited to see what the badges turn out to be.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Rearranging stuffs and adding subforum icons. There's some stuff that's gonna be movin' around as well as some updates I'm working on. Also I'm trying to fix the low-res profile icons (we identified the problem; working on a solution).

2d2979c5f5d6f30a0020b4cd9a2bff891442604743.gif

i can has bbcode in my sig nau?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
    edited September 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    All Right. It's official. Time for me to go to bed.

I thought your huge sig pic said DONUT PANIC!

You might want to remember that though for next April One to see if anyone notices. :)

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I'm confused as to how uploading a profile icon through the Arc page is supposed to fix things. Doing so just broke mine.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any idea why sometimes when I make a post and hit submit it comes up and tells me that my post will appear after it's been approved? Yet I can then make another post right away which appears without any issues...​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Is profile pic our avatars? If so mine seems fine.
    Is profile pic our avatars? If so mine seems fine.

Yeah, but it's broken for others.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any idea why sometimes when I make a post and hit submit it comes up and tells me that my post will appear after it's been approved? Yet I can then make another post right away which appears without any issues...​​
    The hell...?
    edited September 2015
    The hell...?

I wonder if this is the same thing that was affecting my friend I told you about last week. (Who is still having posting issues to the point of not being able to post at all.)

Oh...and am I understanding that there are instructions to fix broken avatars by now, or that it's still in the works?

gulberat wrote: »
    The hell...?

I wonder if this is the same thing that was affecting my friend I told you about last week. (Who is still having posting issues to the point of not being able to post at all.)

Oh...and am I understanding that there are instructions to fix broken avatars by now, or that it's still in the works?
    Change your ARC Avatar.
    I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the permissions. I'm wondering if there's an SSO problem. I sent off an email to the team about it.
    edited September 2015
    The hell...?

Change your ARC Avatar.
    I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the permissions. I'm wondering if there's an SSO problem. I sent off an email to the team about it.

Changed ARC avatar multiple times, no luck so far. I've got my ARC and forum avatars to where they are different from each other, and so far the ARC one hasn't overridden the forum avatar.

xparr15 wrote: »
    Does this forum update include a dev tracker?
    Not yet! My community moderator team is implementing one./quote]
    I tried changing browsers to see if I could get the ARC avatar to sync with the forum and still no luck. My forum profile pic is overriding the ARC one and leaving the blurry thing visible here.

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any idea why sometimes when I make a post and hit submit it comes up and tells me that my post will appear after it's been approved? Yet I can then make another post right away which appears without any issues...
    The hell...?

I'm not sure what causes it. It's happened to me twice now though. Both times the post which was apparently awaiting approval has never actually appeared. The only common denominator that I can think of is that in both posts it's happened I've been trying to post two links in each of them, one to the embedded version of the forums and one to the non embedded version. Other that that tiny link, I have no clue haha.

This is faded as I didn't think to hit screencap very quickly, but this is the message which appears at the bottom left of the page when it occurs.

MKGWY6z.jpg
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Oh hey, I can actually use the STO forums again. Yay!

Iconians...can you clue me in on what changed for you to be able to sign in?

I been in communications with "frtoaster" via ARC mail. He can sign into ARC (obviously, since he can ARC mail me) but can not connect to Vanilla Forums since the maintenance on August 26th. He is going in circles with PWE customer service, not really getting anywhere.

Is the problem he is having similar to the problems you were having? And what did you do to get "back in"?

I am sure frtoaster (and everyone else having similar problems posting) could use a hint.

Thanks.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Yeah. n00bs did the August 26 forum maintenance and it screwed stuff up for people. n00bs anger me.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2015

So you're still around, and haven't suddenly un-rage-quitted? (or however you call the opposite of rage-quitting? Silently Quitting?) ;)​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    The one thing about the new forum is that the feedback section should be moved to above the foundry section.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any idea why sometimes when I make a post and hit submit it comes up and tells me that my post will appear after it's been approved? Yet I can then make another post right away which appears without any issues...
    The hell...?

I'm not sure what causes it. It's happened to me twice now though. Both times the post which was apparently awaiting approval has never actually appeared. The only common denominator that I can think of is that in both posts it's happened I've been trying to post two links in each of them, one to the embedded version of the forums and one to the non embedded version. Other that that tiny link, I have no clue haha.

This is faded as I didn't think to hit screencap very quickly, but this is the message which appears at the bottom left of the page when it occurs.

MKGWY6z.jpg
    ​​
    This has also happened to me and it seems to be due to using a URL for something other than Youtube outside URL tags
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    where2r1 wrote: »

Iconians...can you clue me in on what changed for you to be able to sign in?

I been in communications with "frtoaster" via ARC mail. He can sign into ARC (obviously, since he can ARC mail me) but can not connect to Vanilla Forums since the maintenance on August 26th. He is going in circles with PWE customer service, not really getting anywhere.

Is the problem he is having similar to the problems you were having? And what did you do to get "back in"?

I am sure frtoaster (and everyone else having similar problems posting) could use a hint.

Thanks.

So you're still around, and haven't suddenly un-rage-quitted? (or however you call the opposite of rage-quitting? Silently Quitting?) ;)​​

I could connect to the forums, I could even read forum threads for the most part. But the forums had some kind of critical formatting issue for my Chrome browser sometime after August 20th. I could not scroll down threads. I could not sufficiently transfer to other pages in a thread. I could not post because I could not scroll down a thread in order to post. Forum names were glitched to hell with names sometimes bleeding over into the post or time/date stamp themselves. When I was finally able to post, I could not use the Edit button. Furthermore, I had regular issues with the forums hanging when trying to load a new thread, I had a crapton of redirect issues which eventually led to trying to click around in a loop, with a little bit of completely blank pages sprinkled on top for flavor.

This was also after I had whitelisted everything I could possibly whitelist with my anti-script add-ons and adblockers. So I was 90% sure it wasn't on my end. The changes apparently kept resetting the whitelist priviledges in Script Defender as well, as I noticed yesterday.

TL;DR the Vanilla Forums were so spectacularly full of formatting fail that I didn't even bother trying to put in a ticket and figured it'd get fixed when PWE was good and ready (kind of like waiting for ketchup to leave a glass bottle when it's upside down, sometimes you just have to wait it out).

This might come as a surprise to other people on the STO forums, but I do have a life outside of STO, so I was catching up with that, in addition to playing the game and playing some other games.

... and binge-watching Netflix. I knocked out all 7 Seasons of Sons of Anarchy in the span of a month. :)
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I could connect to the forums, I could even read forum threads for the most part. But the forums had some kind of critical formatting issue for my Chrome browser sometime after August 20th.....

Wow. Totally different issues. LOL!

So, around the time PWE (or Vanilla) "fixed" the forums so I could finally sign in on my computer (with Chrome) and on my Chrome book (with Chromium), and staightened Vanilla out to work with ARC Defender..... They broke it for another group of people, which included you. And, it seems it was broken, again, with the August 26th "upgrade".

I wonder how much more needs to be "set up" or "re-set up", again.

Trendy....I do not envy you your job with this craziness.
    Trying to decipher what happened while you were on vacation, too.
    EEeeKkks! You have my sympathies....
    Wish you the best of luck on your endeavors to bring this community (and this forum) back together.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

I think this is the point that the forums were complete. There is no need to post anything else ever again.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    xparr15 wrote: »
    Does this forum update include a dev tracker?
    Not yet! My community moderator team is implementing one.

Thank you! About time this comes back; not really liking having to use Twitter for a function that was on the old forums...
    mikefl wrote: »
    The changes look great! Could you please also look into getting our forum titles back for Lifetime, Veteran, and the various pack purchases? I would really like to shed the arc user title and have my career officer title back.
    I'm trying to see about that as well.

This is another feature that's overdue. Wouldn't have bothered me as much a couple months ago, but now that I've qualified under Vet Rewards for a custom one, I'd like to use it!

Also, here's another issue I have with this forum: the 'next page' buttons. Thank you immensely for including them at the bottom of the page; however, it's pointless at this point, since clicking 'next' just keeps you at the bottom of the page! Is there some way that we can have this kick you to the top again?

Oh, and while I've (hopefully) got your ear for a min: when clicking on a thread under these forums, it's always taking us to the 'latest post', regardless if we have viewed the post before or not. Rather annoying, if you're clicking on the post for the first time!

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I could connect to the forums, I could even read forum threads for the most part. But the forums had some kind of critical formatting issue for my Chrome browser sometime after August 20th.....

Wow. Totally different issues. LOL!

So, around the time PWE (or Vanilla) "fixed" the forums so I could finally sign in on my computer (with Chrome) and on my Chrome book (with Chromium), and staightened Vanilla out to work with ARC Defender..... They broke it for another group of people, which included you. And, it seems it was broken, again, with the August 26th "upgrade".

I wonder how much more needs to be "set up" or "re-set up", again.

Trendy....I do not envy you your job with this craziness.
    Trying to decipher what happened while you were on vacation, too.
    EEeeKkks! You have my sympathies....
    Wish you the best of luck on your endeavors to bring this community (and this forum) back together.
    Never had those issues.... why? because they're apparently unique to Chrome users.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    One more question: Test Forum folder.... still can not read it without signing in. Is this the way it is going to stay? Would it be possible to have Tribble Patch Notes moved, so we can at least read that?
    Hmmm. Deal!

Thank you so much for this. It will be nice to see Tribble Patch notes when going mobile and/or connecting from unsafe hotspots.
    edited September 2015
    Well, it's Monday, and it looks like changing my avatar on ARC has never affected my avatar on the forum. :( If you're able to see it, Trendy, I set my ARC avatar differently from my forum one to see what it would do, and the ARC one has not come over here. :/

Also, I tried to delete my forum avatar with the "Remove Picture" option, but it won't do it on Firefox, IE, or my phone. The forum avatar remains no matter what I do. I wonder if a moderator would have the ability to completely delete my avatar (rather than changing it)?

Well, it's Monday, and it looks like changing my avatar on ARC has never affected my avatar on the forum. :( If you're able to see it, Trendy, I set my ARC avatar differently from my forum one to see what it would do, and the ARC one has not come over here. :/

Also, I tried to delete my forum avatar with the "Remove Picture" option, but it won't do it on Firefox, IE, or my phone. The forum avatar remains no matter what I do. I wonder if a moderator would have the ability to completely delete my avatar (rather than changing it)?
    I've been exchanging some emails about it. There are some things I have been able to fix, but those that I couldn't I have escalated them.