test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to set object #1 disappear after interacting with object #2 and vice versa?

I know it's possible (or was possible?) to make one object disappear if another object is triggered - from this video (approx. 9 mins in). Unfortunately kirkfat didn't explain HOW to make that object disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIvZWgbxAeo

So here a bit clearer explanation what I want to do:

I have two invisible objects that appear after a dialogue option.

They give me two choices (two interact buttons in the mission).

You choose one.

I want the other one to disappear after one is chosen. But I can't.

Here's what I have:

gfsVYnr.jpg
tKl0WeM.jpg
Zc0CAYd.jpg

If I change from "This component complete" to anything else, the "Trigger" tab disappears, and I don't have the "Interact" button in the mission.

What am I doing wrong?​​

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The trigger thing isn't really that big a deal. You need to set it to "component complete" rather than "this component complete", then choose the other box as the component.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Aahhhhh, the trigger tabs popped back in once I tied both objects to each other!

Thank you!​​
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    I do this trick in each of my Ghosts of War missions, with the optional Delta Recruit objective I've added to each mission. I have two invisible objects for "yes" and "no" (asking the player whether or not the character is a Delta Recruit); selecting the "yes" object clears the "no" object (and triggers other stuff to set the stage for the actual objective), and vice versa.​​
  • Options
    That's exactly the effect what I want to achieve. Now I should be able to tie another result to one of the options - something I couldn't before.

@paxfederatica, I actually also have a question for you ;)

How did you convert "Valley of the Shadow" to the KDF side? Did you have to recreate it step by step, or is there some "shortcut" to help to make the conversion easier?​​
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    ^You can duplicate a mission with the Archived Projects button on the top level of the editor.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    Lovely! Thank you :)​​
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    guljarol wrote: »
    @paxfederatica, I actually also have a question for you ;)

How did you convert "Valley of the Shadow" to the KDF side? Did you have to recreate it step by step, or is there some "shortcut" to help to make the conversion easier?

Actually I've only ported Part I of the trilogy over to KDF - I'm still holding out for New Romulus space, ground and interior maps (which I originally intended for Parts II and III) before I port over the rest of the trilogy.

Anyway, the conversion process is fairly straightforward:

1) In the Projects list, select your Fed/Rom mission and duplicate it,
    2) Change the affiliation from Starfleet to Klingon, and make some change to the project name, as it can't be identical to the original one.
    3) Fix any action items that come up in the list in the lower left corner as a result of switching affiliations,
    4) Replace any Fed mobs with KDF (or KDF-allied Fed) mobs,
    5) Go through all your dialogue and replace any Fed references with KDF ones. (Unless your dialogue refers to the player's allied faction, this step probably won't apply to Romulan Republic missions.)​​
  • Options
    That's what I did, although at first I was confused. Nothing new, this system is not that easy to navigate.

It was a Romulan mission, so I didn't have to change anything in mobs or dialogue (no items appeared in the tasks box either). I just wanted it available to all Roms. :)

Thanks everybody! Cookies for all!
    JvANZdc.jpg​​