test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's Play STO: Midnight

alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Ten Forward
As requested, here is my let's play of Midnight, start to finish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03YcHswM9MA
At the moment, it's only in 360p. That will change as soon as YouTube finishes processing it.

Or, if you don't have an hour and a half to spare at the moment, check this out for a quick chuckle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45WyhjAsI_Y

Enjoy!

Comments

• rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    Cool!

Now, if only I could actually watch it...
    76561198032353876.png
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    rooster707 wrote: »
    Cool!

Now, if only I could actually watch it...
    What's the issue? Is YouTube blocked where you are?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    A hour and a half? I'll have to get back to that one. At least I know what you sound like now. :)

I liked your one off. It feel like it might be missing something. :: strokes chin thoughtfully :: What could it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    A hour and a half? I'll have to get back to that one. At least I know what you sound like now. :)

I liked your one off. It feel like it might be missing something. :: strokes chin thoughtfully :: What could it be?
    Oh yeah, I distinctly remember thinking "this would be great set to Yakety Sax," when I made it. However, Yakety Sax is under copyright, so using it is risky.

My other one-off uses a snippet of copyrighted music, but only a small part, so I'm probably protected under fair use. However, even that's a risk. I did it partly as an experiment to see what would happen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkb8T9rAc8

If you don't have an hour and a half, there's plenty of other stuff on my channel, running around 15-20 minutes usually.

• comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    Live the video Alex.

. ban
    6tviTDx.png

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Very funny. (Played it as I was leveling thru one of my toons). Does drenching the bad guy ships with the warp plasma really work? I used to do this too. The Sela and Iconian rants were great.
    Post edited by hawku001x on
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Very funny. (Played it as I was leveling thru one of my toons). Does drenching the bad guy ships with the warp plasma really work? I used to do this too. The Sela and Iconian rants were great.
    Glad you enjoyed it. Warp plasma by itself isn't very effective, but if you drop some tractor beam mines to lock an enemy in place and then lay down warp plasma on them, it can take out a nice chunk of their health even through full shields.
    edited September 2015

Oh yeah, I distinctly remember thinking "this would be great set to Yakety Sax," when I made it. However, Yakety Sax is under copyright, so using it is risky.

My other one-off uses a snippet of copyrighted music, but only a small part, so I'm probably protected under fair use. However, even that's a risk. I did it partly as an experiment to see what would happen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkb8T9rAc8

If you don't have an hour and a half, there's plenty of other stuff on my channel, running around 15-20 minutes usually.
    Hey. It's your vid and totally up to you. You get so used to seeing it used you can easily forget it has a copyright. Just the SW vids that used it must be in the thousands.
    https://youtube.com/results?search_query=yakety+sax+star+wars

As far as Midnight, you made it just for us, It's our duty to watch it. ;) But seriously, I watch about 20 minutes one day and went to pick it back up and youtube remember where I left off, so it's easier than it used to be to stop and start the long ones. :smiley:

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Does drenching the bad guy ships with the warp plasma really work? I used to do this too.

If there are more raider gateways than you can deal with comfortably, a nice trail of warp plasma while they're trying to sneak up on you tends to leave Raiders hanging awkwardly in space like skill point pinatas.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    I'm in the middle of watching the second 20 minutes of the vid, when I notice this, laughed and decided that must get a cap.
    STO-KagrenReallyMissedSela-001.jpg
    While Sela is still speaking, Kagren comes down and appears to bend over and kiss her. I thought, "Wow! He really missed that Romulan."
    Heh. That explains why he doesn't shoot her when she draws on the Iconians. It's a very un-Klingon thing to do!

Actually, I was thoroughly impressed with how Kagran acted in Midnight. He didn't adhere to the traditional "kill everything" mentality that TNG-era Klingons generally embrace. His response was much more refined and merciful, and good on him for it.
    Heh. That explains why he doesn't shoot her when she draws on the Iconians. It's a very un-Klingon thing to do!

Actually, I was thoroughly impressed with how Kagran acted in Midnight. He didn't adhere to the traditional "kill everything" mentality that TNG-era Klingons generally embrace. His response was much more refined and merciful, and good on him for it.

I think Worf is rubbing off on him. :)

• lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Well, Kagran did have two weeks to watch the Iconians in their native habitat, and he was alone with them, under the cover story of being a "peaceful explorer". You wear a mask enough, and you start to become the mask.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User

I think Worf is rubbing off on him. :)

not worf - chang; he was acting far more like a chang in midnight as opposed to the gowron he was acting like in all prior episodes

(of course, my seeing chang in him may have more to do with my recently having seen a let's play of klingon academy and thus having it on my mind as opposed to him actually channeling chang)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.